IGNORED

So, the Maxwell "church" has moved?!

Justme

Because no one would come. They do it at the nursing home and people are bored so they go.

And it would cost them to rent and I"m betting they don't pay to hold church at the nursing home.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't want "ordinary" people to come. They don't want their "children" associating with other young people. This is why they left their "real" church.

And they want to keep Steve at the top of the hierarchy. He felt threatened when some of the men at their old church called him out on his attitude and his controlling behaviour.

They don't want "ordinary" people to come. They don't want their "children" associating with other young people. This is why they left their "real" church.

Agree!

And it would cost them to rent and I"m betting they don't pay to hold church at the nursing home.

And they want to keep Steve at the top of the hierarchy. He felt threatened when some of the men at their old church called him out on his attitude and his controlling behaviour.

Yeah, I don't think it is about having a captive audience so much as having a plausible captive congregation to give their children a sense of being in church, without actually being exposed to the realities of a genuine church. Steve needs to be a pastor and he needs to keep control over his children and he needs to be able to give an appearance of normality to his sheeple. And he is actually doing really well so far. Business has been booming and no children have escaped. So far. Yet...

Agree!

Archived