IGNORED

Sims 3?

xDreamerx

maybe add points for how many generations and courtships you can make? that would take a dedicated master player, or someone with a lot of time on their hands (me? LOL).

Bonus points for custom made clothes (fugly jumpers, anyone?)

that is all I can think of. Dang, I can't wait til I get a new computer :(

-Points for SAHDs who raise younger siblings (as much as I hate this in RL)

-Extra points if you have more than 5 kids

-Points for not letting your sims watch tv etc.

If there was a way to have home schooling I would add that.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Courtship.... How would you approximate courtship as opposed to dating on the sims? I've thought about it and I can't seem to think of any plausible way. Ideas for the challenge?

(Oh, and xDreamerx, for some reasons my PM's won't send....)

Regarding Courtship.... How would you approximate courtship as opposed to dating on the sims? I've thought about it and I can't seem to think of any plausible way. Ideas for the challenge?

(Oh, and xDreamerx, for some reasons my PM's won't send....)

I usually invite the entire household of my intended over to be chaperones.I know on Sims 2 you can make them really good friends then do the flirt: hold hands and they will fall in love. I chose this because it seemed the most fundie friendly action.

As an aside the patriarch in one of my fundie fams was abducted by aliens. He and his wife were pregnant at the same time. It was pretty funny.

Sorry if I'm kind of hijacking this, but I really can't wait to get started! How is this for a rough draft of the rules:

The aim is to accumulate as many points as possible.

1. Create the matriarch and patriarch, young adult couple with no children

2. No money cheats

3. Move them into a free block of land and build their house

4. No TV, stereos must be set to classical, computers should be strictly regulated with no access to games or the internet (10 points for keeping the house ‘pure’)

5. Begin gameplay, patriarch must have a generally fundie approved career (politician, police (?), military (?), home business) (5 points each time he is promoted, 20 points if he achieves level 10)

6. Matriarch must not have a job, part time or otherwise.

7. Every time they WooHoo it has to be ‘Try for baby’

8. Pop out as many babies as possible! (10 points per baby, increases to 15 points after the 5th baby) (no adoption)

Child Raising Rules:

1. No nannys.

2. Have ‘kreative’ names (2 points per child)

3. Children should be as similar as possible, including traits, hairstyle and clothes. (2 points each child)

4. As soon as daughters are old enough they should do as much of the childcare and homemaking as possible. (8 points for each daughter)

5. Girls wear dresses and skirts, and stick to traditional roles (2 points per daughter)

6. Boys wear long pants, do not help around the house, and stick to traditional roles (2 points per son)

7. BONUS: create your own frumpy clothing (5 points per clothing article)

8. BONUS: Have a Jinger inspired rebellious sibling, who stays out late and talks to members of the opposite sex. (10 points for each rebellious activity, 10 points for each family argument caused)

Courtship Rules:

1. Must invite at least one other person along with the courtship-interest (1 point per person)

2. Limited romantic interaction before marriage. (10 points if they don’t have sex before marriage)

3. Marriage and it starts all over again! (20 points per marriage)

4. Choose if you want to move the new couple out and start again (points will roll over), or continue on with the originals.

(I'm not really sure how the courtship will work, just kind of guessing)

Have I left anything out? Any suggestions for a different points system? What do you think?

Maybe for the courtship we could have them do group outings with friends only? They could still interact, but no one on one outings or dates if you have late night.

Will everyone be posting their results? I loved Sims 2 but never bought Sims 3 and honestly don't have enough time to play it but I'd love to follow your fundie Sims.

I love sims 3 but I can never get my sims to marry anyone! I have a couple who has been dating and even woohoo'd but I can't even get them to go steady or do anything outside the theatre but hold hands and flirt... It's frustrating!

Does anyone know if there is a family hack for 3? I have no expansions right now but would love to have more than 8 family members.

Love this idea! :)

I have Sims 3, with all expansions so far. :) Love it!

I started my fundie family last night - Titus and Theresa Phillips. So far they have had two children - Timeous and Truthina. But she is pregnant again. ;) Most annoying is that the game keeps putting Theresa into "immodest" maternity wear!

He is in the police. She stays at home and obsessively cleans and gardens, of course.

This looks like a lot of fun :) I have to decide if I'm going to attempt it in Sims 2 or Sims 3 (or hell, why not both?)

I just bought Sims 3 yesterday. I'm impressed that I managed to hold off for over 2 years! I have almost all of the expansions for Sims 2 and wanted to get my money's worth of them before moving on to 3. The only bad thing about this is that I'm so comfortable with 2 - with hacks, cheats, game modifications that make gameplay so much easier - that I'm loathe to play Sims 3 without things like the Insimenator mod, the clothes mods/hacks, and Inteenimator.

I have to ask: for those of you with Sims 3 expansion packs, which expansions do you have, and which one is your favorite?

My family is Brian and Ashley Jackson and their sons Kohl and Kael (Cale). He's in the military and she's not very bright and has nearly died from being too stupid to eat several times.

Okay, I love Sims 3 and I just started a fundie family. I'm doing it a bit differently, though.

Here is the head of the household, Thaddeus Williams:

2ihwa45.jpg

This is his wife, Miriam:

155tkcp.jpg

And this is his other wife, Julia:

f2na1j.jpg

Yes, they're polygamous. Sadly, the government of Twinbrook has turned its back from God and refuses to recognize plural marriages, but gives its approval to perverts like Thaddeus's wayward sister, Tabitha, and her defrauding "wife", Olivia.

2qv9jme.jpg

(Olivia is on the left.)

The Williams family chooses not to link themselves with perverts like Tabitha and Olivia, so they are married in God's eyes only.

Thaddeus has a part-time job as a grocery store clerk. He only works 3 hours a day, but Miriam and Julia are easily impressed and proud of their provider. Now it's time to start having as many blessings as possible

Okay, I love Sims 3 and I just started a fundie family. I'm doing it a bit differently, though.

Okay.. poly sims? Is this a hack or a really cool feature of the game I don't know about?

Guess he isn't "officially" married to that second girl.

My couple just had their first baby a girl named Prudence.

The wife has some rebellious traits - she wants to get a job! But the second child she's already wishing for will get that out of her head pretty soon. Too bad her husband is a looser who doesn't get promoted at work.

Yeah, they just aren't officially married. I also have a mod that lets you have more than 8 sims in the house.

Care to share where you got that from? how do you prevent jealousy amongst the sims?

I use Twallan's mods: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php? ... raas-mods/

I think the MasterController lets you have more than 8 sims. It also lets you do a whole lot more, including letting same-sex couples have biological children together; I don't like playing the game without it anymore. The PortraitPanel will show the extra sims. I think it goes up to 24, but I haven't gotten there yet. The Woohooer has a feature you can turn on that prevents jealousy in polyamorous sims. I also have the Careers mod, which among many other things lets you homeschool the child sims (I also have the Generations EP which added the new schools; I'm not sure if it would work without it).

It looks like it. I updated everything after the recent patch. All those mods are kept up to date really well.

I don't have town life stuff. Do you like it?

I use Twallan's mods: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php? ... raas-mods/

I think the MasterController lets you have more than 8 sims. It also lets you do a whole lot more, including letting same-sex couples have biological children together; I don't like playing the game without it anymore. The PortraitPanel will show the extra sims. I think it goes up to 24, but I haven't gotten there yet. The Woohooer has a feature you can turn on that prevents jealousy in polyamorous sims. I also have the Careers mod, which among many other things lets you homeschool the child sims (I also have the Generations EP which added the new schools; I'm not sure if it would work without it).

Thank you so much! I miss having mods on the sims, but since upgrade to 3 I haven't found a whole lot out there.

It looks like it. I updated everything after the recent patch. All those mods are kept up to date really well.

I don't have town life stuff. Do you like it?

Um, well like any other stuff pack it's just stuff like objects, clothes, etc but yeah I like it. I liked the other stuff packs better though. You got a lot more with Outdoor Living Stuff. There's a new washer/dryer set, some new exercise equipment, some play equipment and buildings in town as well. Though I haven't explored the buildings yet so I don't know what they're like.

Started my fundie family last night!

Peter and Mary Archite. Peter's a crappy politician, and Mary a stay at home mum, of course. Their first born son, Quristoffer, loves the outdoors but is a bit of a couch potato. Immediately after Quris, Mary fell pregnant with triplets, three girls- Sammaratyne, Blessyng, and Rewardina :mrgreen:

Your names are AWESOME :D!

Does anyone have problems with their installer greying out when installing CC?

Peter and Mary just had a set of twins, girls again, Evanjelique and Innocyntella. It is a mad house :shock: One kid, three toddlers, two babies, and $13 in the bank...

Archived