IGNORED

Kendal's alternative christmas

latraviata

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I left so many 'polite' comments she never lets them through, so I started emailing her, on her facebook page. Initially after a few comments I don't have access anymore to the comments.

So I started sending her FB messages.

:lol: How dare you point out she is less than perfect. Does she respond on FB?

I left a polite comment saying that it might be better to quietly give the family the money instead so they could be the heroes for their kids. She didn't let it through. Which proves its all about Kendall and not about helping the family.

Love this. She isn't about to let anything through that would put her in the position of having to explain why she has to be the one to deliver these gifts.

That's okay Kendal. We all know anyway. And you know too. I know you've come here and admitted your ignorance regarding the book you supposedly base your life around, but why not put aside the Holy Book Of Voddie this morning and crack out your Bible.

There's a thing or two in there about giving in secret.

:whistle:

Guest Anonymous

She probably thinks the passage about 'not letting your right hand know what your left hand is doing' relates to spanking rather than giving. :roll:

Wow, when the Maxwells do a better job of keeping Christmas than you do it's definitely time to rethink your position.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the link. Interesting she claims there that the adoption is her husband's idea.

K***** There is hope in God changing your husbands heart! Typically it is the husband that needs to be "warmed up" to adoption but not in our case. My heart needed to be changed. And it most certainly was!!

Do we know much about MrKendull?

:lol: How dare you point out she is less than perfect. Does she respond on FB?

No, she doesn't respond, she once did a long time ago and her respond was the exemplary fundie one;

You must be so bitter and angry :lol: :lol:

But as you all know, I am the daring type.

Thanks for the link. Interesting she claims there that the adoption is her husband's idea.

Do we know much about MrKendull?

He has a FB page too. Do not have too high expectations, he was the one who assisted her by the day long discipline session regarding her 6 year old. It really takes a true manly man to beat up a 6 year old.

Hey Kendal, here's a woman in Iowa who gives thousands of dollars every year to kids in need in her community. And until the Today show did this piece on her, she was pretty good at keeping it secret. They interview a woman who didn't find out until years afterwards that Mary Sauter had left a pile of presents on her doorstep after she lost her husband.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/49884364/ ... LODOo7qJEA

See how she didn't bust in on this family and "do" Christmas for them? She just was kind and humble, and that's what made the difference.

Hey Kendal, here's a woman in Iowa who gives thousands of dollars every year to kids in need in her community. And until the Today show did this piece on her, she was pretty good at keeping it secret. They interview a woman who didn't find out until years afterwards that Mary Sauter had left a pile of presents on her doorstep after she lost her husband.

See how she didn't bust in on this family and "do" Christmas for them? She just was kind and humble, and that's what made the difference.

Thanks for posting this!! I was going to do the same thing. This woman is a saint w/ out wanting a lot of fanfare & Kendul does!

I found that particular scripture on my own as a child --let not thy right hand know what thy left hand doeth-- and I took it very seriously. I'm not sure how old I was, between the ages of 8 and 12, but I decided that I'd do most giving from then on in secret. My family was well off back then, so I had the means.

Someone once asked me how much I spent on charity at Christmas time and I started sputtering. I felt terrible because I knew that the amount of money I'd just given away was probably more than that girl had ever had to spend at once in her life. I was 15 at the time, and I thought it a highly inappropriate question. (ha! I miss being able to give that much! My family used to be well off... anyway.)

Even today most of my giving is a big secret. Except in cases where that wouldn't be feasible, like taking them out to eat with my meal card because I have a lot of meals left and they have none. Inviting them to have lunch with me and casually offering to pay for it because I have loads of meals to use or lose works a lot better than trying to be anonymous at that point.

However, as others have said, there are ways to feasibly give someone Christmas dinner without needing to barge in on the family.

I can imagine not giving my children a whole pile of presents at Christmas, but I would NEVER take away gifts and then force them to watch others open gifts THAT WE GAVE THE OTHER CHILDREN. That just seems cruel. Not giving kids Christmas presents is one thing, but not giving your own kids presents and then giving other kids presents, that, in my opinion, is crossing the line.

One of the most memorable experiences was a year that we delivered presents to a little boy whose father was in prison. The father had written a letter requesting certain gifts be delivered to his son, so my kids & I bought the gits, wrapped them, and took them to the little boy, telling him that they were from his father and we were just bringing them for him. The little boy had no idea WE were the ones who had bought and wrapped the gifts. As far as he knew, they were all from Daddy. It was lovely to see him get these gifts, to see his eyes light up, knowing that his father was thinking about him and cared about him to have gifts delivered. My kids loved it, learned about the joy of giving, and still received Christmas gifts themselves that year too.

There's a way to give your child things without having them become ungrateful or having to hit them to instill gratitude. IMO, this is just an extension of Kendull's extremist views.

One of the most memorable experiences was a year that we delivered presents to a little boy whose father was in prison. The father had written a letter requesting certain gifts be delivered to his son, so my kids & I bought the gits, wrapped them, and took them to the little boy, telling him that they were from his father and we were just bringing them for him. The little boy had no idea WE were the ones who had bought and wrapped the gifts. As far as he knew, they were all from Daddy. It was lovely to see him get these gifts, to see his eyes light up, knowing that his father was thinking about him and cared about him to have gifts delivered. My kids loved it, learned about the joy of giving, and still received Christmas gifts themselves that year too.

That is a wonderful thing that you & your family did. How sweet that the little boy thought it was from dad. (did he know that his father was in jail). That is what Kendall should do. Give to a needy family & give gifts to her kids!

Also makes me think about the people that were going in and paying out other peoples Christmas lay-aways.

I am telling this story because none of you know who I am and the person who I did it for will never read this.

Back when my kids were little there was a widow at the church we went to before we became Atheist. She had several kids and was pregnant at the time of her husband's death. My husband and I took her groceries every Sunday for a year or so. We would drop them on her doorstep and go. We took Christmas gifts, baby clothes, a car seat, and Mother's Day gifts. My only wish was that she would never know who I was. I didn't want to humiliate her. After the first couple of times I left her a note telling her I was a mom helping another mom and I wanted her to know she could count on the food coming every week, but I wanted to keep it anon. As far as I know, she never figured it out. She got remarried and moved away, but I still think about her from time to time.

Anyway, point being if you really want to "bless" a family Kendal (and I know you read here), then for god's sake don't try to take the credit for it. Can you do that? Are you capable of doing something selfless without broadcasting it to the people you're doing it for? You've announced it on your blog and you've been patted on the back by your fangirls (few though they may be). Can you just let the family you pick hang onto their dignity? Can you make it so they don't have to face the person that is giving their kids Christmas?

I found that particular scripture on my own as a child --let not thy right hand know what thy left hand doeth-- and I took it very seriously. I'm not sure how old I was, between the ages of 8 and 12, but I decided that I'd do most giving from then on in secret.

It's a good practice no matter who you are. I am an Atheist and I take that verse to heart.

That's beautiful. True generosity.

Anyway, point being if you really want to "bless" a family Kendal (and I know you read here), then for god's sake don't try to take the credit for it. Can you do that? Are you capable of doing something selfless without broadcasting it to the people you're doing it for? You've announced it on your blog and you've been patted on the back by your fangirls (few though they may be). Can you just let the family you pick hang onto their dignity? Can you make it so they don't have to face the person that is giving their kids Christmas?

This. I promise you, Kendal, those kids will be more likely to remember their parents' sadness and humiliation than any material thing you bestow upon them. Do it in quiet, gentleness, and anonymity. If "the Father" truly knows best, remember that He asked that you keep your giving a secret from others, because He will see it.

I promise you, Kendal, those kids will be more likely to remember their parents' sadness and humiliation than any material thing you bestow upon them. Do it in quiet, gentleness, and anonymity. If "the Father" truly knows best, remember that He asked that you keep your giving a secret from others, because He will see it.

This.

Also, Kendal, do you not read the verses carefully? In my translation, it says "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven" (Matthew 6:1, bolding mine). In other words, Kendal is deliberately ignoring what the Bible has to say on the issue. So much for "the Father knows best"... :? .

Gah. Kendal makes me so mad. Human dignity is something to be respected, and Kendal doesn't seem to understand that at all.

I help with a community group every year dropping off donated presents. The parents know we are coming on a certain day and usually the kids are there when we come. We tell them Santa had too many kids on the nice list that year and he asks us to drop the presents off for him. The kids love it. We stay and talk with the parents, arrange a Christmas meal if they need it, and then quietly exit while the kids enjoy looking at their presents.

It's the high light of the Christmas season for me. The event is the ministry of a church so sometimes people ask us to pray for them, but we don't mention God or Jesus unless they ask. We just want the families to have a nice Christmas.

There's a lovely bit in the article that Burris linked to above

I think this article would be of more use to those who wish to teach their kids about giving.

Most people enjoy receiving gifts, whether big or small. The excitement of unwrapping a new item is, in many ways, its own reward. This is especially true for children - the younger the better, who often find the box more interesting than the gift once nestled inside.

Delightful as it is to see the little children with their presents on Christmas day, however, the greatest gift an adult can give a child - and this gift is usually given by the parent - is in teaching how it’s better to give than to receive.

Kids get so much fun opening something - anything! And in seeing someone they love open the present they've thoughtfully chosen, even if their taste is wildly out :lol:

Archived