IGNORED

Of Knights and Fair Maidens

dairyfreelife

What had he been doing? And wow, she looks like she is trying to her best to look like an adoring wife while on the inside she wishes he wouldn't touch her.

Yes, that picture is horribly uncomfortable to even look at. She looks like she wants rescuing from her rescuer. Why would she even use that picture on her site?

Yes, that picture is horribly uncomfortable to even look at. She looks like she wants rescuing from her rescuer. Why would she even use that picture on her site?

Because the others were even more depressing and unintentionally revealing of her lackluster "joy in Christ"? [/unfounded guessing]

Okay. I own the fugly comment. sorry!

I'm sure he's a wonderful guy, but how can any modern man read this and not think that he's signed up for a lifetime with a woman who will be his ward and not really his wife. What happens when he needs help and rescuing? Does his rescuing mean that he'll change a diaper or cook a meal? Does it mean he'll do the laundry or babysit when she needs some free time? Unfortunately I think the answer is no. By rescuing she might very well mean that he'll explain her duties as helpmeet. I hope he's not that kind of d-bag, but you never know with these guys.

I'm just wondering what her rescuer does exactly? What sort of problems? Which color to paint the walls? And what "City" does this Country girl live in?

No. It's not baby sitting when it's your own children, that's called being a parent, and millions of fathers all over the world manage to do it every day. I abhor the attitude that our partners are doing us some big favor by equally sharing the responsibility of caring for our children. This line of reasoning implies that fathers aren't capable of the same kind of meaningful relationships with their children as mothers, by relegating them to the same status as a stranger being paid for providing a service.

Sorry for the off topic but this is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Oof, I just read their courtship story, and it doesn't sound like she was interested in him at all until daddy made her:

Finally at the end of November of 2009 I was in a position to consider Jacob as a suitor. Daddy came to me one more time and told me that Jacob had called again, and he didn't think it was fair to Jacob to keep avoiding the subject. Jacob deserved an answer.

and

I don't want to give the impression that we had a perfect, smooth courtship, because we didn't. We had some pretty rough patches, but through the Lord, we worked them out.

And I don't follow her, but it sounds like perhaps she had a failed courtship before this one, so this guy became her consolation prize:

He began to love me like Christ loves His Bride and through that, the Lord healed my broken heart. I was still struggling with my mistakes from the previous season of my life and he constantly reminded me that it was under the Blood and it didn't matter to him. It was over and I needed to forgive myself and move on.

Oh, and this is yucky, too:

On May 2nd, 2010 Jacob asked me to marry him. I could say yes without fear because I knew that he would love me and take care of me.

When I decided to marry my husband, I did so because I knew we loved each other and would take care of each other. Which reminds me, what will a woman with this attitude do if her husband becomes critically ill or disabled? When my husband was in chemo, i was the sole breadwinner and caretaker. Because he needed to be "rescued," I fucking stepped up and did it.

No. It's not baby sitting when it's your own children, that's called being a parent, and millions of fathers all over the world manage to do it every day. I abhor the attitude that our partners are doing us some big favor by equally sharing the responsibility of caring for our children. This line of reasoning implies that fathers aren't capable of the same kind of meaningful relationships with their children as mothers, by relegating them to the same status as a stranger being paid for providing a service.

Sorry for the off topic but this is a huge pet peeve of mine.

I totally agree with you. I don't think it should be some sort of big "favor" to take care of one's own children. But, the fundies seem to make it sound like some sort of humungous event when Daddy "babysits" his own spawn. Like its a special treat and that they are breaking their Biblical calling by taking on this women's work stuff. I am so glad I don't have to see this in "real life" too often. Most of the Dads I know with small children prefer it when their wives (even if they are SAHM) kick back in the evenings and let them take care of the kids. From my perspective the fundy men on the blogs talk about fatherhood but don't really practice it. They act like there's no enjoyment in it because the only times they seem to actually take the reigns and act like fathers are on rare occasions, like when Mommy is birthing another spawn or has to go to a fundy conference or if she dares to get really sick. You would think that if kids were such a blessing that they would enjoy spending time with and caring for those blessings.

"Above all, be the heroine of your own life, not the victim." I have this Nora Ephron quote posted in my kitchen on the fridge so that my girls see it every day. In this uncertain life you HAVE to be able to rescue yourself.

Archived