IGNORED

Michigan Fast-Tracks Anti-Abortion 'Super-Bill'

doggie

This is getting out of hand. They would not hear arguments they will let a fetus kill the mother and of course the delusion that they will stop abortion. I really am starting to wonder about republican brain damage. when you can't even see back 40 years and see what other countries with no legal abortions have going on. Total blind goals with no care about the end results.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/0 ... 78179.html

This is getting out of hand. They would not hear arguments they will let a fetus kill the mother and of course the delusion that they will stop abortion. I really am starting to wonder about republican brain damage. when you can't even see back 40 years and see what other countries with no legal abortions have going on. Total blind goals with no care about the end results.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/0 ... 78179.html

The hypocrisy is simply astounding. As many of the comments mentioned, for a party that believes in "small government" they, the Republicans, sure are attempting and succeeding in gaining control in more areas of life, specifically that of a woman's choice in reproduction. I believe that many Republicans fail to see the one of the main issues that underlies the whole debate; personal liberty. As the result of not seeing it as a matter of encroachment upon personal freedoms, the Republicans, for the most part, are willing to deny the rights of women to have choices.

Personally, my DH and I do not use hormonal birth control, but he and I both firmly believe that women should have access to it if they so choose. (We do however use other forms) The same concept applies to abortion as well. At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to think what they want about anything, but the Republican party as a whole needs to realize that their rights end where mine begin.

For me this isn't surprising. They've been restricting abortion rights at the state level for a while now. That seems to be the strategy, and the same applies to voting rights restrictions. What surprises me is that it's Michigan. I would expect this of Ohio because it's always had that potential to swing right, but Michigan? Things have really changed since they elected Snyder.

I know I'm Canadian, but I watch Detroit news every day and my family goes there to shop like once a week. The groceries and the gas are very cheap. I've always thought of MI to be a fairly democratic state. I miss Granholm.

Seriously, if laws like these were passed in every state, I would choose not to have children period. I would not want to potentially endanger my life without any recourse to have it saved should something go wrong. Children are not worth putting yourself at that big of a risk. I would die for the child I have right now, but I would not die for a future hypothetical child that has not been conceived.

These are the same idiots that bitch and complain about the low birth rate (really the low "white" birth rate) in this country. Do they honestly think these kind of laws are going to increase the population? I know many people who would forgo having children under these circumstances.

Goodness... I never thought of Michigan as a republican state... but I really don't often think about MI.

Either way, this is ridiculous. I can't believe we live in a country that is doing this... seriously, home of the free my ass. You seem to only be free if you are a white, straight, upper class male. Otherwise you are nothing and do not deserve to be free. It's sad really.

(Though I do find one comment hilarious... "If abortion is murder, then blow jobs are cannibalism. " A little humor in an otherwise sad sad situation.)

This is disgusting. Even if it fails in Michigan, we know it'll pop up again in other states. And in every state, there are hundreds of thousands-millions of women who will never be able to live in true freedom, and who will always have to watch their backs, reproductively speaking.

If it keeps going like this, I don't ever want to raise a daughter in the US, or live there during my childbearing years.

Is that the one where they wouldn't hear the testimony of women who had late abortions to save their lives or spare their dying fetus suffering?

Seeing what the Republicans are doing disgust me. I honestly wonder how any self-respecting woman who wants to be anything more than a brood mare for the state can even think of referring to herself as a Republican.

The one good thing that has come out of their obvious War on Women is that I have contacted my local abortion clinic offering to volunteer in any way I can. So take that, Republicans misogynists, you've convinced one woman to get off her beautiful bum to help other women exercise their PERSONAL FREEDOM to choose how to live their lives. Thanks for the motivation.

Is that the one where they wouldn't hear the testimony of women who had late abortions to save their lives or spare their dying fetus suffering?

they would not listen to doctors or anyone else but people that are leghumpers. That's only who they let speak.

Seeing what the Republicans are doing disgust me. I honestly wonder how any self-respecting woman who wants to be anything more than a brood mare for the state can even think of referring to herself as a Republican.

The one good thing that has come out of their obvious War on Women is that I have contacted my local abortion clinic offering to volunteer in any way I can. So take that, Republicans misogynists, you've convinced one woman to get off her beautiful bum to help other women exercise their PERSONAL FREEDOM to choose how to live their lives. Thanks for the motivation.

Plus it can't take that long for all but the most brainwashed uterus-havers to realize that legislation like this impacts everyone who wants to have children and/or prevent pregnancy regardless of how they feel about abortion. Rachel Maddow needs to interview the multitude of people who have been nailed by these types of laws while attempting to carry their pregnancies to term. Not enough people read RH Reality Check and random small articles in online newspapers for the message to sink in with the coverage these stories are getting.

The thought of being forced to continue a pregnancy that was killing me or that involved a non-viable fetus is so completely appalling to me. It's just such a terrifying thing, not having control over my body in that way and the distance these bills are going in state governments is further terrifying.

Does anyone know if there's any sort of constitutional protection or supreme court ruling for those scenarios because I would hope something would be around to keep a state from going through with a law like this. I would think Roe v. Wade would cover a lot of the stuff in the bill but I'm embarrassingly ignorant of legal issues.

I know I'm Canadian, but I watch Detroit news every day and my family goes there to shop like once a week. The groceries and the gas are very cheap. I've always thought of MI to be a fairly democratic state. I miss Granholm.

Sorry to go slightly off topic but I need to rant about this. I love Michigan, it's my home. However there is a lot of rural area filled with idiots. The reason we always swing more democratic is because of the strong union ties from the auto-industry.

This last election a lot of smart people who were very concerned with our failing economy, were taken in by Snyder's buisnessman promises to help fix the economy. This on top of the strong tea-party support in rural areas made for an easy win for him. Plus his craziness didn't fully come out until he was elected in. He promised a focus on the economical issues and not social issues, however that was a lie. And he's royally screwed over education among other things.

Archived