IGNORED

Scott Brown, NCFIC, a Q for you!

MamaJunebug

Because I am a big coward about identifying myself to Dominionists and don't have a really anonymous e-mail addy to use, I am submitting a Q inresponse to one of Scott (NCFIC) Brown's posts from several months back.

http://scottbrownonline.com/heres-a-big ... -form-area

Long story short, Scott agrees w a writer at "Kairos Journal" that many Christians are off the track because they have things like blessings of the animals. Specifically he complains that we -- er, they -- violate a "regulative principle." Dang me, in 60 years of Lutheran teaching & worship, I've only been cautioned against sinning by violating or ignoring God's simple *law,* not some principle.

I know its more than a long shot that Scott Brown or any of his students would respond w anexplanation here, but one never knows, eh? So until I get a disposable addy, here goes.

What principle does "Woof'n'Worship" violate?

I see WnW as a way to remind worshipers that God is with us in all areas of our lives.

I haven't attended a similar service but sounds like the messages of

"all good things are Gid's gifts"

& "the greatest gift is Christ's salvation"

& "as much as your dog accepts you, God in Christ accepts you as holy *because* of Jesus' redemption of you"

could be woven strongly into a "blessing/animals" service.

What am I missing? Sincerely,I'd like to know.

Kairos Journal has given us an article, “Christianity Gone to the Dogs†that explains how disconnected people can get from biblical patterns for church life. It reports that more that 500 churches in America have performed blessings for animals.

Shock horror! Of course the Catholics have been doing this for centuries on the Feast Day of St. Francis. I bet the number of Catholic churches that offer a blessing of the animals service is way more than 500, but the are not "christian" in Brown's eyes, I suppose.

Shock horror! Of course the Catholics have been doing this for centuries on the Feast Day of St. Francis. I bet the number of Catholic churches that offer a blessing of the animals service is way more than 500, but the are not "christian" in Brown's eyes, I suppose.

If I'm not mistaken, the Episcopalians do it too, and the Anglicans in Britain, so yes, far more than 500. As you said, though, not 'christian.' :roll:

If I'm not mistaken, the Episcopalians do it too, and the Anglicans in Britain, so yes, far more than 500. As you said, though, not 'christian.' :roll:

Add the ELCA Lutheran churches to that list. I know that at least in SC, they do that every spring. Of course, I was told that I am not a "real" christian because I a) cross myself and b) take communion with wine. :o

And if Scott and his ilk haven't figured out by now that dogs and cats are at least as worthy of our (and God's) adoration and worship, then I want nothing to do with them!!!

;)

And if Scott and his ilk haven't figured out by now that dogs and cats are at least as worthy of our (and God's) adoration and worship, then I want nothing to do with them!!!

;)

This.

;)

Amen.

Archived