IGNORED

Return your kid to the store and pay the price.

doggie

I didn't know this before, but this selfish bitch got psychiatric help for HERSELF. Not the kid with violent tendencies like a responsible parent would, but HERSELF.

How was she allowed to adopt to begin with?

I also believe AP did an update on the boy not too long ago, two years after his "mother" sent him back to Russia. He doesn't speak any English now and does NOT want to go back to the US. After his (limited) experience, I don't blame him.

I hope the child actually sees that money.

I also think the adoptive "mother" got off lightly. I'm glad her name is finally published and I hope this follows her wherever she goes.

I can understand adoption can fail. Hell, some people find they shouldn't've adopted a pet, much less a child.

But you still have a responsibility to the kid, same as if you'd birthed him or her, to take care of them. Period. If you can't accept that things might go wrong, don't have kids by any method.

When asked if he wanted to return to America, he shivered and yelled "No!" He refuses to speak in English, and has had to go through extensive counseling and speech therapy to start communicating again.

The boy has a physical reaction to being asked if he wants to return to the US, refuses to speak English, and needed therapy just to start communicating again. My gut is saying there is more to it than just this family not wanting to deal with him any more.

Corruption is a part of daily life in Russia, so I doubt that the boy will ever see any of the money.

I understand people can get in over their heads with adopting international children with severe issues, but her major wrong was to just stick him on a plane and walk away. If she realized it was a mistake she wasn't fully prepared for, she should have contacted social services for help. Maybe it would involve signing over custody and signing away her rights, but it would have been so much safer for that child.

Conuly, sometimes people have biological children who have needs they can't meet, and sometimes this does result in parents signing over their rights to the state. I'd rather see parents do that than to neglect a child they can't care for properly.

I remember hearing about this. So sad. The fact that she thought she could send him back alone on a plane, like a little boy with a note pinned on his jacket for his teacher once he gets to school, confounds me. Its about one step away from stuffing him in a box and shipping him overnight.

Conuly, sometimes people have biological children who have needs they can't meet, and sometimes this does result in parents signing over their rights to the state. I'd rather see parents do that than to neglect a child they can't care for properly.

Absolutely, though that doesn't always help either. Still, if the choice is between foster care and certain abuse, well....

I'd love to know how the social workers/adoption agents didn't screen this woman out of being someone not prepared to handle adoption of a high needs child. (and let's face it any time you adoption is always going to be high needs, to some degree or another). I wonder if she had very naive ideas about some orphan child being magically healed by love.

I remember hearing about this. So sad. The fact that she thought she could send him back alone on a plane, like a little boy with a note pinned on his jacket for his teacher once he gets to school, confounds me. Its about one step away from stuffing him in a box and shipping him overnight.

Yeah I read an article where journalist interviewed the taxi who picked the boy up from the airport and he kept saying he wished he could have done more for the kid, he just seemed so overwhelmed by the situation. I second the many people who say that I wish they boy would see some of the support monies even though it's likely he won't. I hope he can at least find healing and

I'd love to know how the social workers/adoption agents didn't screen this woman out of being someone not prepared to handle adoption of a high needs child. (and let's face it any time you adoption is always going to be high needs, to some degree or another). I wonder if she had very naive ideas about some orphan child being magically healed by love.

They're only human. Some of them make mistakes.

They're only human. Some of them make mistakes.

People do great con jobs. They are smart. They know what to say. They read online how to prep for the interviews. The worker might have suspicions, but with nothing concrete, they approve the adoption or they get sued. The worker isn't a mind reader.

Poor little guy...

If he was that distressed, I wonder what else was going on in that house...

The best I can say is that I hope he finds love and whatever help he needs... and that the woman who did this gets a gigantic karmic bitch slap. Paying child support is nothing compared to what she deserves.

People do great con jobs. They are smart. They know what to say. They read online how to prep for the interviews. The worker might have suspicions, but with nothing concrete, they approve the adoption or they get sued. The worker isn't a mind reader.

Yup. It's one more way being honest can bite you in the ass. A lot of parents who want to adopt are turned down for minor reasons they were honest enough not to lie about. But those who lie sail on through.

Archived