IGNORED

BayLee and the Bates

apple1

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9791&start=20

formergothardite said:

Didn't the Bates have a love afair with Rick Santorum too? They just didn't have the TLC money yet to follow him around like the Duggars. The Bates that you defend want to do the exact same thing as the Duggars.

apple1 said:

gilbatesfamily.com/2012/01/20/the-race-is-on/#comments

@BayLee

You have plenty of explaining to do. Everyone who reads FJ at all is aware of your love affair and supposed "personal relationship" with the Bates Family.

Guess what? Consider yourself caught in your own lies.

And it's Santorum, not Santoro.

I'm a bit confused by this. Could you spell it out? I mean, I'm sure there's something fishy. Anytime anyone claims a personal relationship with FJ's snarkables, I wonder. But I've looked at all your links here and I'm confused about your claim.

I'm a bit confused by this. Could you spell it out? I mean, I'm sure there's something fishy. Anytime anyone claims a personal relationship with FJ's snarkables, I wonder. But I've looked at all your links here and I'm confused about your claim.

BayLee many times over on FJ sings the praises of the Bates, proclaiming the Bates Family to be oh so much better than the Duggars. (S)he knows this because of a personal relationship with the Bates family.

(S)he posted on the Sister wives thread that she "finished off" with the Duggars because of their support for "Santoro".

Freegothardite and I pointed out that the Bates also support Santorum. I provided current links to the Bates own website as proof.

BayLee is caught in her own lies because both families support Santorum and because, if she had the "personal relationship" that she claims, she would have known this.

Not sure how to make this clearer, but the :puke-front::puke-front: "wonderful Bates family, my best friends" posts have gotten old.

Baylee claims to be friends with the Bates and that they are this wonderful family, but at the same time refuses to acknowledge all the horrible things they do from starving their horses to putting a KKK leaders picture up in their house to supporting Santorum. The reason she is getting called out on the last one is because she is bashing the Duggars for doing the exact same thing as the Bates.

Isn't BayLee the same person who has claimed to be a variety of ages, most recently 69?

I admit I have not paid much attention to age claims.

She has in the past acknowledged that the Bates support Santorum, but it doesn't make any sense that the Duggars doing that would cause her to be done with them while the Bates doing that lets them still be in the "they are such a nice family" category.

I think she said she mails gifts or fabrics or whatever to them and that's how their "friendship" happened.

I've mailed Backstreet Boys a few fan mails when I was younger--I'm totally BFFLs with all of them!

Didn't she in some older thread also bashed the Bates family? I cannot remember the life of me which thread it was but I do recall her being snarky about them.

Ok, so she sends them free stuff? Wow. Ok, so known moochers get free stuff from a possibly crazy semi-stalker person and they become 'friends'.

Gotcha.

They'll rue the day they accepted the material from this person. Maybe Gil can mooch a security system from somewhere...

I've never understood why people excuse some fundies because they are personable and nice. I'm sure that both the Duggars and Bateses are very polite and sweet in person. That doesn't mean that they don't hold twisted beliefs.

I think that a lot of people who follow cults or even hold outright evil beliefs(like the KKK founder is admirable) probably seem nice in person.

Isn't BayLee the same person who has claimed to be a variety of ages, most recently 69?

Yes, and I think there may have been a gender change in there too.

Rhetorical questions... Does a person have to share your beliefs in order for you to be friends with her/him? If so, then how is that any different from rigid fundamentalism? If not, then is there some other line that exists, where once it's crossed then you can no longer be friends with that person? (For example, "I could be friends with a fundie-lite, but not a fundie" or "I'm OK with fundies as long as they don't preach at me too much" or "I was friends with a fundie lady until such-and-such happened.")

I'm friends with fundies, the difference is that I admit and acknowledge that they while they might seem nice on the surface, their beliefs make them not nice people. When I say friends, though, it means as people I knew in the past and keep up with on FB and say a quick high to if we see each other out in public. I don't hang out with them or anything like that. They think I'm a godless heathen so it isn't like they want to hang out with me anyway.

Baylee just wants to look at the "nice" parts of the Bates, she doesn't want us to point out the bad part of them.

Rhetorical questions... Does a person have to share your beliefs in order for you to be friends with her/him? If so, then how is that any different from rigid fundamentalism? If not, then is there some other line that exists, where once it's crossed then you can no longer be friends with that person? (For example, "I could be friends with a fundie-lite, but not a fundie" or "I'm OK with fundies as long as they don't preach at me too much" or "I was friends with a fundie lady until such-and-such happened.")

Anyone who has harmful fundie beliefs would not be friends with a feminist like me. If I did find out that a supposed friend was fundie, I would assume that they're not really a friend are only acting nice in an attempt to convert me. Lying is a no-no and I would no longer wish the be friends with them.

However, I do have my limits just like anyone else and if a genuine friend converted or I found out a friend believed that women should submit to men, I would stop being friends with them, especially if they spouted any kind of rape apologetic. And no, it doesn't make me as bad as them. I'm so sick of this "you're the real bigot for not liking the bigots" line. If someone has beliefs that are harmful to me, it doesn't make me a bad person to longer have contact with them.

Maybe the Bates pays her in gum, which is why she constantly praises them for being uber nice.

Nope, I don't have to share beliefs with someone to be friends. I have athiest, agnostic, Catholic, Lutherin, Methodist, and Pagan friends. I have no Jewish friends (that's what I am). I reconected with some of my old fundie-lite/evangelical friends on facebook....but I wouldn't call us friends. We lead completely differant life styles. I doubt they aprove of my posts about drinking good wine, watching rated R movies, or liberal politics! On the other hand, I reconnected with my childhood best friend and her 6 siblings on facebook (we went to the same Pentacostal church in the 80's), none of them attend church any more, but would prob consider themselves Christians. I would count 3 of her sisters as friends now. We have a lot in common... like wine, watching rated R movies, and liberal politics! haha

Honestly, I can't imagine being friends with a fundy of any religion. What the hell would we talk about? How I dress immodestly? That I need to submit to my hubby? How wrong my pro-choice license plate is? I don't see there being the mutual respect to form a friendship.

I think that there is a difference between having different beliefs and being strongly opposed to a lifestyle/ belief system. I am friends with people who have different beliefs. I have tried to be friends with mormons while I am strongly opposed to their beliefs. The friendship is never deep. There is always a wall that keeps us from getting to the next level in the friendship. I do have friends of other faiths and it has never been an issue.

If you feel that everyone who disagrees with you is a bad person, rather than a person who is simply mistaken in their beliefs, you are a rigid fundamentalist with respect to your own belief system. I try to have friends who do not share my beliefs. I find that people who have no friends with differing ideology are suckers for the worst kind of political manipulation (from both parties), and tend to believe really ridiculous political rhetoric (ie, if you disagree with me about abortion you are a baby killer/woman hater, etc.)

There is obviously a point at which eveyone can identify beliefs or practices that eliminate people as potential friends or aquaintances. I don't consort with murderers, people who advocate lawbreaking or violence, or Klan members, for example.

I think that there is a difference between having different beliefs and being strongly opposed to a lifestyle/ belief system. I am friends with people who have different beliefs. I have tried to be friends with mormons while I am strongly opposed to their beliefs. The friendship is never deep. There is always a wall that keeps us from getting to the next level in the friendship. I do have friends of other faiths and it has never been an issue.

This. I am open to friendships with those whose beliefs differ radically from my own, but in my experience there is always a ceiling on how deep that friendship can be. I can enjoy the person's company and do things with them and have conversational chats, but there will always be a barrier about some things in my life that I don't trust or feel comfortable talking about with them. E.g. My IFB friend whom I get together with almost every week, but for whom I always self-edit out any mention of my girlfriend (even though she knows I'm gay and lived with the woman).

Sometimes I feel a little sad/unfortunate that the trust in our rel'p has plateaued, but other times I just feel impressed with both of us for putting a lot of effort into a friendship that might seemed doomed to failure.

I've never understood why people excuse some fundies because they are personable and nice. I'm sure that both the Duggars and Bateses are very polite and sweet in person. That doesn't mean that they don't hold twisted beliefs.

I think that a lot of people who follow cults or even hold outright evil beliefs(like the KKK founder is admirable) probably seem nice in person.

Not only do they hold twisted beliefs, they condemn you to Hell for not agreeing with them. Even if you don't believe in the same "Hell" that they do, their intent is the worst condemnation they can give you. They are horrible people.

Yes, and I think there may have been a gender change in there too.

Yes, you caught me...I am a shape shifting liar. Why on earth would anyone care who I know? And I don't mean 'know' in the biblical sense. The Bates should get a restraining order against me. Now can this subject be put to rest?

Are you still going to claim they are a nice family while refusing to address all the horrible things they do? Because I don't think it will be put to rest till you do.

Archived