IGNORED

Vatican shuts down ebil feminist nuns

Buzzard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17766615

So apparently theres an american organization called the Leadership Conference of Women Religious http://www.lcwr.org/ and they do horrible evil things like

- advocate for healthcare

- address social justice issues

- leadership training for women

- advocate against torture

- work to ensure people have clean water

I truly know nothing about this organization, but if the Vatican wants to shut it down I'm more likely to like it.

The only way the Catholic Church can possibly save itself at this point is to give women power in the church.

Aww, don't you know those old celibate dick-wavers would rather go down with the Barque of Peter than give woman power?

(Sorry if I offend anyone, but I've just about come to the point that with all the emphasis on the male in the Catholic church to the exclusion of every woman except a certain virgin mother, they might as well worship a penis on a stick. The leadership is certainly not following Jesus.)

I have a dear friend, cradle Catholic, who says the only hope for the Catholic church to survive is for Benedict to pass soon. She thinks he's going to kill the US Catholic church if he lasts ten years. One of her dearest friends quit being a nun/sister last year after five years of grief and hardship with the church heirarchy over their convent's condition and being forced to work three jobs.

I have a dear friend, cradle Catholic, who says the only hope for the Catholic church to survive is for Benedict to pass soon. She thinks he's going to kill the US Catholic church if he lasts ten years. One of her dearest friends quit being a nun/sister last year after five years of grief and hardship with the church heirarchy over their convent's condition and being forced to work three jobs.

Down here in Georgia I dont have a terrible amount of interaction with nuns (I had a lot up north!), but the little I have is when they're asking for money. The priests, on the other hand, seem to eat out at nice restaurants often...

Aww, don't you know those old celibate dick-wavers would rather go down with the Barque of Peter than give woman power?

(Sorry if I offend anyone, but I've just about come to the point that with all the emphasis on the male in the Catholic church to the exclusion of every woman except a certain virgin mother, they might as well worship a penis on a stick. The leadership is certainly not following Jesus.)

There is that obelisk outside St Peter's, so they already have something that can be seen as a phallic symbol.

80% of American sisters belong to this organization. I think the Vatican is just posturing. They cannot lose all this low-paid labor in their hospitals and social service agencies.

fwiw, the only sisters I have known well have been really great human beings. They seemed more about fixing shit than adhering to dogma. Kinda like the guy their religion is named after.

There is that obelisk outside St Peter's, so they already have something that can be seen as a phallic symbol.

Haven't you seen the *hats?*

After the report was published, Campbell said it was “painfully obvious†the Vatican leadership was “not used to having educated women form thoughtful opinions and engage in dialogue.â€

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Working in basic needs social services I have known some truly kick ass nuns. Extremely dedicated to social justice issues and not at all afraid to speak openly and forcefully on important issues.

Theres a comment way down at the bottom that suggests that they all leave the catholic church and start their own. Honestly, I think thats an awesome suggestion. One of the strongest parts of the catholic church IS the nuns.

Of this, one of my friends wrote on Facebook, "I hope next week's headline reads: Pirate nun declares herself anti-pope, nuns pillage Rome." I'm inclined to agree.

Archived