IGNORED

Creepy ATI Songs

Visionoyahweh

I posted the first song to the FB group, but for anyone who hasn't listened and wants a good cultish creep out - here ya go.

Ironically, a lot of these things are changeable.

I like how this song assumes you can't change the shape of bubbles. Ever played with a soap bubble? OMG you're messing with God's design!

Yeah, only see the good, while mercilessly living secret shame.

Sin's a boomerang. Ooook.

A smile makes life worthwhile!

Don't do what other other people do, kids!

Uh, yeah. Mental capacity, for one. I guess they missed the research bulletin that both genetic and environmental influences shape intelligence (http://psychology.about.com/od/intellig ... uences.htm) -- not that I ever expected Gothardites to be scientifically literate.

Physical features -- some things we can change, some we can't.

(No shit, Sherlock)

Parents -- God chose your parents to develop your character a certain way so He could use you for His glory.

(Exocet for adopted kids, or people who disown their parents, or people who have a parent-like relationship with strangers)

Siblings -- God also chose your siblings to hone you into a servant for Him.

(Again, nss)

Race and nationality -- He has a special plan for you where you are. You're in the right position to do great things for Him.

You can change your nationality by, um, moving. Race doesn't really exit - except as a social concept - one that's changed greatly over time.

Mental capacity -- We can train ourselves to be as smart as we can be, even if we are mentally challenged.

(Already discussed)

Time in history -- Your time is now. (Esther 4:14)

(Yeah, no time travel. Well, except for time dilation)

Gender -- God designed your DNA to determine who you are. There's nothing you can do to change it, so learn how to be the best man or woman you can be.

(Genes are influncd b the environment, there's also medical/genetic treatments for many diseases. This will likely increase in the future)

Birth order -- God places us where we need to be to develop our character.

(NSS)

Aging -- Until God initiates His new order at the end of the ages (Revelation 21:1-5), we will grow old. We have two choices on how well we age: either we wear and tear, or we rust and rot. Either way, we will grow old.

(Except for bastards like Gothard, who tend to live forever)

Death -- Dead is the curse of man for his sin. (Genesis 3:19)

(I'm having my head frozen. When I wake up in the Star Trek/Atheistic future who's gonna be laughing then, Bill?)

Yeah, plus, what's the point in inculcating kids with a list of "unchangeables," anyway? To give them a diminished view of their own potential?

Yeah, plus, what's the point in inculcating kids with a list of "unchangeables," anyway? To give them a diminished view of their own potential?

Without a constant reminder of how they can't change these things they can ensure their daughters don't want to do anything silly like grow up to be a doctor. [/sarcasm]

Physical features -- some things we can change, some we can't.

(No shit, Sherlock)

Parents -- God chose your parents to develop your character a certain way so He could use you for His glory.

(Exocet for adopted kids, or people who disown their parents, or people who have a parent-like relationship with strangers)

Siblings -- God also chose your siblings to hone you into a servant for Him.

(Again, nss)

Race and nationality -- He has a special plan for you where you are. You're in the right position to do great things for Him.

You can change your nationality by, um, moving. Race doesn't really exit - except as a social concept - one that's changed greatly over time.

Mental capacity -- We can train ourselves to be as smart as we can be, even if we are mentally challenged.

(Already discussed)

Time in history -- Your time is now. (Esther 4:14)

(Yeah, no time travel. Well, except for time dilation)

Gender -- God designed your DNA to determine who you are. There's nothing you can do to change it, so learn how to be the best man or woman you can be.

(Genes are influncd b the environment, there's also medical/genetic treatments for many diseases. This will likely increase in the future)

Birth order -- God places us where we need to be to develop our character.

(NSS)

Aging -- Until God initiates His new order at the end of the ages (Revelation 21:1-5), we will grow old. We have two choices on how well we age: either we wear and tear, or we rust and rot. Either way, we will grow old.

(Except for bastards like Gothard, who tend to live forever)

Death -- Dead is the curse of man for his sin. (Genesis 3:19)

(I'm having my head frozen. When I wake up in the Star Trek/Atheistic future who's gonna be laughing then, Bill?)

Gender - Could the writers of this song please explain intersex babies? Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (XX chromosomes but male genetalia)? Klinefelter Syndrome (XXY chromosomes, appear male at birth but may develop female characteristics at puberty)? There are many other conditions. If God creates us male or female and expects us to fit into certain roles then why does he create so many people who aren't male or female? It would be devastating for the whole family if you have been raised with this belief then have a child with one of these conditions.

Does anyone have a link for the housework song? Part of it is on one of the Duggar ATI conference episodes. The girls are singing about how wonderful it is to do housework like sweeping. I would love to hear the whole song.

Even fundy-lite songs are crazy and scary. I remember one from VBS (that's vacation bible school) from when my kids were little before I escaped the insanity.

Obey, obey, obey.

Obey, obey, obey.

Everyday, in every way, obey, obey, obey.

Looking back now, I wonder if these songs are grooming kids to be victims of all kinds of nastiness. When you tell a kid "You have to obey adults no matter what." you're asking for a lot of trouble.

I want to marry daddy...

I remember a time when my (then) 3 year old told my husband that she wanted to marry him. He replied to her that he was already married to someone and thus off the market, and also that she can't marry her daddy because they are closely related. She then went on to say that if she couldn't marry daddy that she could marry the cat. He explained gently that by the time she was old enough to get married we'd probably have a different cat. :lol:

Their version of music is terrible. They must hear real music at least when they are out and about... I wonder if any of the Duggar kids ever start humming Lady Gaga while at Wal-mart :-)

This reminds me of how Jim Boob in an early episode talked about squelching the kids natural desire to dance and move around to music. Its like exposing their children only to horrid music is another step in making sure they don't actually enjoy music and/or dance.

I want to marry daddy...

Another comment. Do they realize how disgusting this song is? It sounds like some sort of pedophilic indocrination.... like getting little girls ready for the idea that they will "marry" daddy. ugh.

THey "explain" intersex babies and all that stuff by either declaring it some sort of punishment from G-d or by denying those things even exist.

I wonder how much lying and covering up goes on when there is a problem like this in the fundie families.

Does anyone have a link for the housework song? Part of it is on one of the Duggar ATI conference episodes. The girls are singing about how wonderful it is to do housework like sweeping. I would love to hear the whole song.

Is it this one?

I just take a deep breath/and I roll up my sleeves/and I say to that mess/that the LORD is not pleased.

So deep. Just like Dr Seuss. At least Dr Seuss is educational.

I want to marry daddy...

Not really ATI, it is a Patch the Pirate song. He was really, really big in fundie circles during the 80's. I grew up listening to his tapes every night while I went to sleep. And the highlight of my childhood was getting his autograph. :lol:

Long time lurker here. I went to probably 5 CIs (Children Institutes) during my childhead, so I know most of the ATI songs by heart. still.

And yes, "I Want to Marry Daddy" is a Patch the Pirate song; I remember hearing it performed in church when I was 8 and thinking it was so weird... Formergotherardite, I grew up on the Patch story tapes too and know most of the songs by heart. :roll: I 'know' the songs like most people know Veggie Tales. Veggie Tales was always too worldly.. :shock:

Is it this one?

I just take a deep breath/and I roll up my sleeves/and I say to that mess/that the LORD is not pleased.

So deep. Just like Dr Seuss. At least Dr Seuss is educational.

Thankyou uberfrau. Disturbing.

Archived