IGNORED

Church Reviews

tropaka

Reading the Mars Hill review, it reminded me of this site, which is from the UK but includes reviews of churches all over the world (the larger site is actually dedicated to Christian humour - there's a nice piece on the KJVers). I love their standard questionnaire for church reviews (e.g what part of the service made you wish you were in heaven? What part of the service made you wish you were in the other place? How was the coffee/tea? Were the seats comfortable?) Anyone else heard of this?

http://www.ship-of-fools.com/mystery/index.html

I'd heard of it but not visited it before. It's excellent! I very much enjoyed the Southwark Cathedral review /oft-frustrated Anglican who is the niece of an Anglican nun

What a cool site. Now I'm think of becoming a Mystery Person.

I have to say mystery person become I forgot the name already and what I typed out looked too much like mystery whore. :shock: :doh: :whistle:

The Ship of Fools is a cool site, I've been on there for quite a long time. Some interesting discussions.

I'd heard of it but not visited it before. It's excellent! I very much enjoyed the Southwark Cathedral review /oft-frustrated Anglican who is the niece of an Anglican nun

I had to read that one, as I was once lucky enough to visit Southwark Cathedral. It was an afternoon in the middle of the week, so no services or anything, and the place was almost empty. Total contrast to Westminster Abbey, which was so packed with tourists we could barely move. I was surprised to learn that Southwark is considered the 'actor's church,' as the Globe Theatre is nearby and Shakespeare was once a parishioner there. /extremely frustrated Anglophile who uses every chance possible to talk about anything to do with England :lol:

Southwark Cathedral is so much better to visit than Westminster Abbey - it's free, the leadership is very liberal/lgbtq-friendly and it's much quieter. Westminster Cathedral is nice to visit too - not the same as Westminster Abbey, Westminster Cathedral is a Catholic cathedral.

I had to read that one, as I was once lucky enough to visit Southwark Cathedral. It was an afternoon in the middle of the week, so no services or anything, and the place was almost empty. Total contrast to Westminster Abbey, which was so packed with tourists we could barely move. I was surprised to learn that Southwark is considered the 'actor's church,' as the Globe Theatre is nearby and Shakespeare was once a parishioner there. /extremely frustrated Anglophile who uses every chance possible to talk about anything to do with England :lol:

Southwark has to be my favourite cathedral in London. Nobody ever goes there because it is not as well known as the other cathedrals and large churches. But it is beautiful and quiet and, most importantly, doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get in. SUCK IT ST. PAUL'S!

Oh, they went to an affiliate of the church I was screwed over by as a teen! Unfortunately it got a high rating, but then everyone thought that church was great until they got into the thick of things and realized that it was effed in the a.

Southwark has to be my favourite cathedral in London. Nobody ever goes there because it is not as well known as the other cathedrals and large churches. But it is beautiful and quiet and, most importantly, doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get in. SUCK IT ST. PAUL'S!

That, too!

Archived