IGNORED

OMG! Cultural Suicide!11!!!

Burris

Jennie Chancey, still in Kenya, afflicting the people there – most of whom are already Christian - with her poisonous strain of bat-shit insanity, has a new article up at her comedy site, Ladies Against Feminism.

It's called – and no, I'm not kidding - “The Long-Term Importance of Fertility.â€

(Now I wish to pause for a question: Who here thinks “fertility†is unimportant? As far as I know, the majority of FJ posters have children – so obviously even the Hive Vagina invests in the future.)

Chancey begins her article with an explanation for why she hadn't weighed in on “Obama's Contraception Mandate†earlier - namely, that a ship accidentally dropped anchor on a cable that brings high-speed internet to Kenya, presumably reducing Chancey to the indignity of relying on dial-up.

I wish to digress here for a moment, that I might present some facts about life in Kenya (as recorded in the CIA World Fact Book):

Maternal mortality rate: 530 deaths per 100 000 live births

(In comparison, the US has 24 deaths per 100 000 live births)

Infant mortality rate: 43.6 deaths per 1000 live births

(In comparison, the US has 5.98 deaths per 1000 live births)

Life expectancy and sanitation in Kenya are actually advanced for a country in that region, although AIDS – you know, the killer STI that can be slowed with regular condom use – is still wreaking havoc there.

But alas, Chancey couldn't bitch about American women having affordable access to birth control as soon as she heard the news, because her high speed access was cut off.

Anyway, Chancey continues...

During the brouhaha, I read an absurd and inaccurate article about how “quiverfull†women (those of us with more than the acceptable 2.1 children, I guess) are basically put-upon martyrs, roasted upon the spit of fecundity while our brains go to rot.

...and then I read an absurdly inaccurate article about how “Quiverfull†- a term Chancey should damned well be familiar with by now – allegedly refers to any woman with more than two children; when, in reality, it refers to women who eschew birth control for religious reasons, regardless of how many or how few children they have.

Moreover, heaving read God only knows how many thousands of words as written by self-identified Quiverfullers, including the shoddy e-books they sell in an effort to make ends meet, I can attest that a lot of them are indeed suffering from severe fucking brain rot.

Some of these lumps are homeschooling their kids when they can barely construct a meaningful sentence themselves.

Whether that was the cause or the result of their idiotic decision to have more kids than they can safely house or properly feed is a question for psychologists to ponder.

It [the article that angered Chancey] was such drivel I didn’t even bother to bookmark it, so now I can’t find it, of course.

When an article pisses me off enough that I take the time to rebut it, I leave it open, save it as a file, or bookmark it. I guess Chancey was just too busy doing...uh...whatever the fuck she does – probably spreading Dominionism among the large protestant population in Kenya.

But it really brought home the fact that feminism still paints mothers at home (and especially mothers with several children) as brainless slaves who can’t make a coherent choice about what color to wear on a daily basis, let alone how many children are “realisticâ€...

Most feminists are mothers, and some of them are homemakers as well, with more than one child. Off the top of my head, in fact, I can think of two feminist homeschoolers who post on this very board.

It pleases me to think most of these feminists aren't stacking their kids in a storage closet, however, where they sleep on Costo-brand metal shelving units four to a side.

It should go without saying, but when you have so many kids you need to stack them like that in a poorly ventilated room so small most people would use it for their linens, then you have too damned many kids.

Or when you have to have a series of online begathons – I'm looking at you, Chris and Wendy Jeub – where you guilt your readers into sending money because you can't afford to house and feed all those kids, then you have too damned many.

And no, I wouldn't trust anyone that dumb with color coordination, let alone with child-rearing and homeschooling.

So I’ve got a long article in the works. It’s bubbling along in my overworked (or is it “underworked?â€) brain...

When people accuse Qfers of brainlessness, it's not because they QFers have borne several children whom they raise at home. If that were the case, far more people would have been critical of the Duggars even during their very first special, which instead drew so much positive attention that other specials followed.

They eventually got a television show and the quick-completion of their house as a result of the public good-will that kept viewers not only watching but also defending the Duggar lifestyle in fora across the internet.

They had their nay-sayers, truly, but it wasn't until the Josie drama, when Michelle allowed her medically fragile preemie to be exposed to the cameras, that more people began to question the wisdom of having so many children.

Chancey then goes on to describe children as “producers,†writing...

Yes, I said producers. Somewhere along the Malthusian line, we’ve lost the notion that children=healthy demographics and healthy demographics=long-term stability.

Yes - healthy demographics mean long-term stability.

One need only look to India and China – two countries with over a billion citizens each - to see what unhealthy demographics do. When there are that many people, water, food, and sanitation become major issues and widespread contamination leads not to healthy children but to dead ones.

Because of China's (brutal) one-child policy, it doesn't make as good a case-study as India, so let's look at India:

Maternal mortality rate: 230 deaths per 100 000 live births

Infant mortality rate: 46 deaths per 1000 live births

One physician per thousand people. One hospital bed per thousand people.

54% of the urban population has access to proper sanitation, and only 21% of the rural population.

And here, quoted directly from the CIA World Factbook, is how that shakes out for the people living in India:

Major infectious diseases:

degree of risk: high

food or waterborne diseases: bacterial diarrhea, hepatitis A and E, and typhoid fever

vectorborne diseases: chikungunya, dengue fever, Japanese encephalitis, and malaria

animal contact disease: rabies

water contact disease: leptospirosis

note:highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza has been identified in this country; it poses a negligible risk with extremely rare cases possible among US citizens who have close contact with birds (2009)

India also has a 10.9% unemployment rate – and that statistic likely doesn't account for the chronic jobless, for homemakers, or for the homeless.

I keep hearing all this talk about how all the people in the world could be crowded into a single US state – you know, if they were standing shoulder-to-shoulder, and perhaps stacked two-deep.

To put it bluntly, then, I hope those people who don't “believe in†overpopulation – you know, the ones who haven't a clue about the need for land and infrastructure to support nearly 8 billion people – grow to enjoy the idea of cannibalism. Because that's all the food and water they'd ever get if they actually tried to cram people together in the scenarios they use in an effort to discredit the biologists and climate scientists who warn of the danger we're in.

Chancey continues...

At long last even venerable old dragons like the New York Times are catching onto the fact that a plummeting birth rate is not a happy thing. While China ages itself into a 4:2:1 culture that will not be able to sustainably provide for its elderly...

Sustainably provide? If the birthrate in China were the same as the birthrate in India, they'd be hard-pressed to sustain the lives of their children, let alone their elders. Infrastructure, remember? People need potable water to survive and good sanitation to thrive. Without the former, they're dead; and without the later, sickly.

And in India, where there's one doctor and one hospital bed per thousand people, the elderly who become sick either from natural causes or because of bad sanitation will have nowhere to go for treatment. They won't be sustained. They'll die.

Let me repeat that for the QFers who read here: They. Will. Die.

Isn’t it possible that those of us having lots of children and bringing them up in entrepreneurial households have actually thought all this out beforehand?

I'll grant that some of them have. The Duggars certainly did. But there are a lot of Qfers who didn't. They aren't raising little entrepreneurs. They're warehousing kids who can barely read – the future burger flippers of America, assuming they're employable at all.

Has it never crossed anyone’s mind that fecundity can be purposeful and future-directed rather than aimless and retrograde?

Fecundity? Yes. Having more kids than you can feed? No. Having a much larger population than an aging infrastructure can handle? Again, no.

Pardon my tone if it comes across as sarcastic, but after ten years of posting about birth rates, demography, contraception, marriage, family, biblical womanhood, and household economics, I’d kind of hoped the message would have been loud and clear by now...

Oh, very: It shows your arrogance.

The Bible says what happens during famine and during judgement: The more kids you have, the more you'll have to eat – so I guess you have that going for you.

No, we are not oppressed slaves who lay ourselves down on the altar of fertility because we’ve been brainwashed to do so.

Oh, really?

“Biblical Womanhoodâ€:

612 Amazon.com book hits

652 000 site hits on Google (and yes, the term was limited within quotation marks)

Chancey and her people 'encourage' these women to surround themselves and their children with nothing but the sorts of preapproved materials that appeared in my searches.

'Stay away from TV. Stay away from movies. Stay away from concerts. Isolate yourselves for the Greater Glory of God.'

'Or go to Hell for all eternity.'

Oh no, that's not brainwashing at all.

Demographics matter, and the ongoing war on fertility is cultural suicide.

Cultural suicide? So this really isn't about world demographics at all, but rather about one very specific demographic: While Islam waxes, Christianity wanes. While parts of Africa and Asia are awash in people, Europe and North America are reproducing at below replacement volume.

One would think a person who believes so strongly in God's providence (and probably in predestination, as well) would be less fearful of the Muslim hordes – but no; she's afraid. She is so afraid that she would rather see tens of thousands die by the edicts of her idiot leaders than she would that her kind might become an actual minority (instead of just the one they pretend to be each year during the obligatory “War on Christmas.â€)

She would rather watch the world burn than ever live to see the day when mosques outnumber churches.

Don’t let feminism fool you. Use your wonderful, active brains to pass on a legacy to your children and build your own household economy. The world is counting on you.

Feminism, at its core, is the radical belief that women are people. Wherever this belief permeates, the standard of living begins to go up for everyone – men, women, and children.

Feminism can coexist quite comfortably with a woman's personal belief in “Biblical headship†just so long as she and her husband understand this is a choice they are making for themselves, rather than it being one they can force on others.

So yes, SAHMs, homeschoolers, QFers, do use your brains in raising your children. I'm serious. I'm begging you. Do that.

But remember, room and resources on this planet are finite.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

QFT

Amazing, amazing post. Thanks Burris!

I never connected Jennie Chancey with LAF until now, duhhhh :doh:

Also, the idea of having to evangelise in Kenya seems so weird to me, considering that it is a mostly Christian country.

This is the best post I've ever read on this site. In fact, it's the best post I've read on 99% of the sites I frequent. Well said, Burris.

I agree, great post.

You wouldn't even know she is in Kenya from most of her posts. What is she doing to help where help is needed? If she would get out there and do something, she might see that *gasp* the advancement of women in Kenya (namely FEMINISM) is very important.

This post needs to be shared with more people. How about "One Million Pissed Off Women"?

Very well done. :text-bravo:

This is interesting. I was not aware of Chancey or her particular brand of crazy till now.

I agree with all the criticisms regarding Christian fundamentalists but I would extend that same criticism to fundamentalists of all religions. It is fundamentalism itself that I have the biggest problem with.

Most feminists are mothers, and some of them are homemakers as well, with more than one child. Off the top of my head, in fact, I can think of two feminist homeschoolers who post on this very board.n't account for the chronic jobless, for homemakers, or for the homeless.

It's a straw[person] argument. In all their literature, feminism is presented as being anti-housewife (instead of opening opportunities for women so they have a choice), promiscuous by promoting the idea that women's sex lives should be like men's (which they assume is screwing everything that moves?) (instead of promoting healthy female sexuality instead of denying/suppressing it), and that feminists want to effeminate men or turn women and men into some neutral sex (instead of equality).

When they talk about feminism, they aren't even talking about the same thing we are.

Also, nice to see you around- you're the reason I joined FJ.

Kelly at Generation Cedar is bloviating on a similar theme. She starts off with this gem:

Fertility is a tricky thing…most consider it a private issue with little consequence except how it will affect their own family vacations (unless you encounter a family with more than three children, and then you’re allowed to prod into their sex lives …but I digress).

So most people think "fertility" is so insignificant that they only ponder it if it might affect their vacations. I'd say that the rabid quiverfullers are the ones who don't ponder the consequences. It's much easier, in a way, if you take a completely passive approach to your "fertility," because you don't have to account for timing and finances and all the rest of it that "most" people consider when deciding when to have children.

And of course people never pry into the sex lives of those with few or no children.

She also continues to insist that she isn't making a judgment for or against birth control. No no, that is a foolish question. She just wants everyone to think about their WORLDVIEW and their ATTITUDE. It's so disingenuous; I can't even start with her.

It's a straw[person] argument. In all their literature, feminism is presented as being anti-housewife (instead of opening opportunities for women so they have a choice), promiscuous by promoting the idea that women's sex lives should be like men's (which they assume is screwing everything that moves?) (instead of promoting healthy female sexuality instead of denying/suppressing it), and that feminists want to effeminate men or turn women and men into some neutral sex (instead of equality).

Indeed, they're using a significantly different definition of feminism than almost everyone else.

It's true: If they look hard enough, they will find a few misandrists around - people they can quote as 'proof' concerning their claims about feminism.

They'll also find that the founding mothers of feminism were often proponents of eugenics - even as their male counterparts, feminist or not, had jumped on the stupid "social hygiene" bandwagon. Those women were people of their times - and, being as many of them were educated, they adopted the 'science' of their times as well.

It's incorrect, though, to argue that either misandry or eugenics play any major role in the various strains of feminism that exist now. (The outliers who still believe these things are good for "incriminating" sound-bytes, but little else.)

No - feminism is about choice. And that includes the QFers' choices. I don't recall having seen anyone here - or on any feminist board for that matter - advocating that people should only be allowed to have so many children. (I daresay most feminists would oppose China's brutal, invasive one-child policy, for example.)

People like Chancey and Kelly Crawford have been told this so many times now that I think they're not so much beating a strawman as they are simply lying their fool heads off.

Fertility is a tricky thing…most consider it a private issue with little consequence except how it will affect their own family vacations (unless you encounter a family with more than three children, and then you’re allowed to prod into their sex lives …but I digress).

1) That's either fierce ignorance on Kelly's part or an outright lie, this idea that people plan their child-bearing around whether or not they can afford vacations. Seriously: It's as if she believes everyone else in the world is as vapid and in-centered as she is - except in her case, she is using her body to prove some sort of religious point and win accolades (and an absolute fuckton of money) from her admirers.

2) Childless couples are asked all the time, "So when are you going to have kids? The clock is ticking, you know." Kelly is so isolated from reality, however, that she doesn't realize people are willing to pry into women's sex lives no matter how many or few children they have.

Burris indeed has more patience, analytical thinking and incisive writing than anybody i know. Would say "I wanna be like her when I grow up" but few will ever reach that level. Thank goodness she does what shd does.

Archived