IGNORED

Explain This Unpaid Hooker Comment

debrand

This is from a friend's facebook page. I don't understand how they came up with the term, "unpaid hooker". This person is on the right but usually I can at least understand the logic behind their thinking.

I just don't understand how women voluntarily not having sex is the same thing as unpaid hookers. I don't think that the protest will be effective and it is a bit silly, I think but I don't see the women as being hookers in any sense of the word.

Interesting--they will practice a week of "self denial" to get freebirthcontrol, but not to avoid pregnancy. And they seem to equate having sex with providing a service or a job.

The Obamacare sex strike

http://www.washingtontimes.com

Feminists are declaring a sex strike for Obamacare-subsidized birth control. The group Liberal Ladies Who Lunch is organizing “Access Denied,†a week-long exercise in self-denial starting April 28. The strike is supposed to motivate men to stand up for government-funded birth control “because when w.....

Unpaid hookers. Don't they realize that's what they're admitting to? I mean, seriously, the irony is just too delicious

When I lived in Bloomingtoon, it was mazing the number of college women who contemplated sex work as a viable path to "female empowerment." They have come to see sex as nothing more than a hum-drum activity.

I think they're saying that if you start withholding sex to get something, that implies you were giving sex before in exchange for something.

So... stupid shit. Per usual.

I think their logic goes like this: By referring to their refusal to have sex as a "strike" the women have have designated their sex to be work, and therefore are admitting to being sex workers. But since they're not paid for it, this fine gentleman must specify that they're unpaid sex workers. Which is an oxymoron, but apparently calling someone you disagree with a whore is more important than making sense.

Ah, good old Dr Laura talk. Basically, if you're having sex without a ring on your finger, you're no better than an unpaid hooker.

Thanks for explaining that.

Many of my friends are Republicans but they don't post their politics on facebook and, for the most part, neither do I. This guy is religious and lately, he seems to have moved to the extreme right.

Ah, good old Dr Laura talk. Basically, if you're having sex without a ring on your finger, you're no better than an unpaid hooker.

Yup, and it didn't make any more sense when she started using it in the 90's.

"I am my kid's mom"

Yeah...no shit, lady. :lol:

Not surprised her son turned out a sociopath.

You know, I have been wondering about this: with all the risks involved in an unplanned pregnancy, and the threats of having a miscarriage of a wanted pregnancy be investigated, and the general attitude lately that women are sluts if they want sex for other than procreation, what would happen if women just stopped having penis-in-vagina sex ? Now, I know I am not a good judge of whether of not this would be a too much of a sacrafice for women, seeing as how I'm a lesbian.

But, straight ladies, what do you think ? Oral, manual, anal, toys........ but nothing that can get you pregnant unless you are trying to get pregnant. Would that be a feasible way to protect yourselves from the madness that is enveloping our country at the moment, or would it just deny you a healthy sex life and hurt the men you love too much ?

Yay! I was about to propose that women just stop having sex with men until those silly men in congress realize that it takes two (or more) to tango and that abstinence as birth control does effect them (and maybe more importantly, their voters).

And for anyone who assumes that women stopping having sex made them hookers when they did have sex needs to learn about the women of Liberia who brought peace to the country by controlling the one thing that they could. It is a powerful story.

Read "Antigone."

I probably would need to read the whole play rather than what Wikipedia says because all I saw in a quick perusal was that Antigone insisted on giving her brother a decent burial despite the king's orders and being put to death. But, deep in the recesses of my brain, I think I do recall a Greek drama where the women refused to have sex with the men. I just don't remember how it worked out.

It's Lysistrata, I think.

Just say no to sex with Republicans.

Actually I think someone should for reals organize a strike of sex workers at the Republican Convention. No service to Rethug delegates; that would be do-able and I would contribute to the strike fund.

It is Lysistrata, not Antigone. Both are worth reading though.

But, straight ladies, what do you think ? Oral, manual, anal, toys........ but nothing that can get you pregnant unless you are trying to get pregnant. Would that be a feasible way to protect yourselves from the madness that is enveloping our country at the moment, or would it just deny you a healthy sex life and hurt the men you love too much ?

The man in my life doesn't deserve a sex strike (and we're about to be on a non-voluntary one here soon due to the fact that we won't be stationed together anymore) but I think eventually it would have to come down to that.

The man in my life doesn't deserve a sex strike (and we're about to be on a non-voluntary one here soon due to the fact that we won't be stationed together anymore) but I think eventually it would have to come down to that.

Yes, unfortunately, feminists are probably statistically much less likely to be married to cock-man oppressors.

Audrey, I think you're right on that one. One of my basic tests for a relationship is the pro-choice issue. The future Mr. DV is coming around to a more pro-choice outlook - simply not something he'd ever really devoted a lot of thought to previously - but we have a basic understanding that I am making the choices for my body.

I like sex as much as my husband does, so I am not certain what not having sex with him would do. He already thinks that Santorum is crazy and is leaning toward Obama.

This isn't a male against female problem. There are many men who hate the direction that the Republican party has taken just as there are Republicans females who agree with it. So, unless we are going to encourage men to not have sex with Republican women, I don't see this working.

I wasn't thinking of it as a male against female thing. I was wondering if the risks of hetersexual intercourse were just becoming too great for women if they can't have control over their own bodies.

It really isn't fair to men though. It would be fair to crazies like Santorum, but calling them "men" might be a stretch.

I think making that point TO MEN is a good thing, though - too many of the guys I know are all "oh well that's just a women's issue, we need to think about the economy because THAT is important".

But Santorum's against basically all people who enjoy sex. Heterosexual sex should always risk pregnancy (ooh, fun fun times! I think the anxiety would give my boyfriend erectile dysfunction) and homosexual sex should get you fired from your job and persecuted by your community. Thinking that's a side issue is a sign of not really thinking, for most people.

The guy who wrote this must be disgustingly hideous since he evidently thinks that women don't have sex unless they are getting something material out of the deal (legislation, money, etc.)

Come to think of it, this statement must apply to most of the fundie anti-women-liking-sex propagandists. They must be so icky and horrible in bed that they can't imagine a woman who would be with them because she likes it.

Archived