IGNORED

Question about VF Royalty and Gender

Soldier of the One

Hey gang,

It's been a while but I'm delurking because delurking = procrastination. And procrastination = better than what I'm supposed to be doing :) I hope everyone has been well! :)

Although I don't usually comment on individual bloggers (I'm more of a concepts gal), I was perusing the Vision Forum blog the other day and something struck me. Doug Philips had his little girl sing at the San Antonio Christian Filmmaker's Event.

Now, I am just really curious how this works in the patriarchal mindset: 'famous' or 'royal' patriocentric women (and girls!) taking center-stage. What kind of message does that give off to the girls/women themselves? When will they be curtailed? And what kind of message does it send to congregants?

The same, of course, can be argued for the Botkin Sisters. It seems like the VF Royalty women are - up to an extent - groomed to be articulate and outgoing. I wonder how that will pan out when they have to start families of their own.

The only answer to your questions is: Do as we say, not as we do.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

VF & other fundie royalty have calculated (correctly IMHO) that most or all of their followers are too stupid or gullible to notice that the royalty don't live or run their lives the way they tell the serfs to do. Adding injury to insult, the royalty also relieve the serfs of large amounts of cold, hard cash by conning them into paying for the bogus conferences, expensive toys, or crappy DVDs of the royalty's ridiculous speeches/conferences/movies.

Money is what it really takes to be a fundie royal. And here you thought it had something to do with Jesus or godliness or being a Christian...

[Edited for riffle]

The only answer to your questions is: Do as we say, not as we do.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

VF & other fundie royalty have calculated (correctly IMHO) that most or all of their followers are too stupid or gullible to notice that the royalty don't live or run their lives the way they tell the serfs to do. Adding injury to insult, the royalty also relieve the serfs of large amounts of cold, harsh cash by conning them into paying for the bogus conferences, expensive toys, or crappy DVDs of the royalty's ridiculous speeches/conferences/movies.

Money is what it really takes to be a fundie royal. And here you thought it had something to do with Jesus or godliness or being a Christian...

Interesting....just like the Pharisees.

Interesting observation. I think the patriarchs in question (Dougie, Geoff) bring their speshul female snowflakes out into the light only when they need them. It's all part of their "Look at the hap-hap-happy family I control" act. Then it's back in the box with them, until the next father-daughter tea, film festival, or what have you. Not unlike the life-size windup ballerina in the Nutcracker.

I was just poking around on the vision forum and wanted to ask about the toys that they offer.

Seriously??!!! Throwing knives as "Outdoor Adventure Toys"? WTF (bonus to them for having it as boy and girl toys) (you never know when a tea party will get out of hand.

Guest Anonymous
I was just poking around on the vision forum and wanted to ask about the toys that they offer.

Seriously??!!! Throwing knives as "Outdoor Adventure Toys"? WTF (bonus to them for having it as boy and girl toys) (you never know when a tea party will get out of hand.

And for an additional $12,000.00, Michael Pearl comes to your house and gives knife-throwing lessons. You still have to furnish your own plumbing line, though.

Interesting observation. I think the patriarchs in question (Dougie, Geoff) bring their speshul female snowflakes out into the light only when they need them. It's all part of their "Look at the hap-hap-happy family I control" act. Then it's back in the box with them, until the next father-daughter tea, film festival, or what have you. Not unlike the life-size windup ballerina in the Nutcracker.

But Marian, how long will this trick work for? Isn't the discrepancy too glaring even for the most ardent of followers?

But Marian, how long will this trick work for? Isn't the discrepancy too glaring even for the most ardent of followers?

Of course it doesn't compute, for any sane and rational person - but I've long since accepted that many of the fundies we discuss don't live on Planet Sane and Rational. If the Botkinettes, Sarah Maxwell, and the Ah-theLifers remain unmarried for the rest of their days, they'll explain it away with some variation of their chirpy, parroted "God's plan for my season of singleness" speech.

Archived