IGNORED

Let's Do Some Fundie Match Making

gustava

I can totally see some future weddings between the following families:

Stelzl, Neely, Wilkes, Staddon, Paines, Bates, Duggars

they are all ATI-royality and especially the Stelzl, Neely and Staddon families are spending quite a lot time with each other preparing the FEW conferences.

And of course there will be another Smith-Morton-Sanders wedding in the near future. Maybe the Campanas will also join..

edited for riffle.

Jinger with Dougie's defrauding son! (sorry, I can't remember that kids name for the life of me). I would love to see those two begin courting, hatch an escape plan, and run off to Seattle to live in sin and drink great coffee!

Edit: Joshua Phillips, thanks Ophelia!

and for a riffle

I think you mean Joshua Phillips.

Yup, him! I don't often want to de-flower an 18 year old but I'd make an exception for him! :dance:

Go for it.. :D

IMO he isn't tall enough and too skinny. But have fun, pixydust! :-)

Hey, I love tall men (hubby is over 6'1) but I'm only 5', so just about anyone seems tall to me! haha

What about saving Sarah Maxwell from fundyness instead of marrying her further into it - I have a really cute brother, tall, dark, handsome, athletic, intellegent, good job and he lives along way from her daddy.

I am thinking that one of the seven sisters could be paired off with John-David Duggar. They aren't royalty but they do the fundy thing well. Whichever sister was chosen (Can anyone tell them apart? I can't.) could bring her goat and a couple of chickens to live on the Duggar compound and teach the Duggars about fresh milk, fresh cheese, fresh butter and fresh eggs. Another sister could be married off to Nathan Bates.

Edited to correct grammar.

What about saving Sarah Maxwell from fundyness instead of marrying her further into it - I have a really cute brother, tall, dark, handsome, athletic, intellegent, good job and he lives along way from her daddy.

I am thinking that one of the seven sisters could be paired off with John-David Duggar. They aren't royalty but they do the fundy thing well. Whichever sister was chosen (Can anyone tell them apart? I can't.) could bring her goat and a couple of chickens to live on the Duggar compound and teach the Duggars about fresh milk, fresh cheese, fresh butter and fresh eggs. Another sister could be married off to Nathan Bates.

The seven sisters as in the ones who wear matching jumpers in big floral patterns and lace coverings? They seem like sweet girls.

I'm thinking that between the Duggars and the Bates we can have all 7 sisters married off eventually!

I think the sevensisters are far too nice and far too sheltered to marry into the worldly Bates or Duggar cland. They need some fellow Menno-lites

Yeah, I'd pair the seven sisters with that yoder family blog.

eta: or maybe Josiah Duggar, because he really does seem like a sweetheart!

Josiah Duggar is going to make a wonderful husband one day, as long as he doesn't drown in the Kool-aid between now and then!

Yeah, that would probably fit well. As long as they can play volleyball since that seems to be the only free time activity that the Yoder family has.

Yeah, that would probably fit well. As long as they can play volleyball since that seems to be the only free time activity that the Yoder family has.

I think the Yoder's treat their daughters and daughter in law with a lot of respect. They blog a lot about the girls working (ok, just babysitting but it counts), they own their own cars and their DIL works with her husband at his business. I think there are worse families to marry into.

R.C. Sproul Jr. with one of the Botkin girls. His quiver can become even fuller.

While Denise has only been gone a couple of months, by the end of the year he should be over the grieving process. Heather Davis met her new husband a year after Eric died so a year seems to be an appropriate timeline for fundies to grieve.

Whoa, I just realized we forgot to include the ultimate "spinster" fundy in our matchmaking frenzy here.... dear Gothard himself!

Now what poor woman would eharmonyfundy match that fuckwit with?!?

Whoa, I just realized we forgot to include the ultimate "spinster" fundy in our matchmaking frenzy here.... dear Gothard himself!

FJ challenge: Set up a profile and see.

I think it'd be better off to look for a guy for him. ;)

I think it'd be better off to look for a guy for him. ;)

I'd written BG off as having an Autism Spectrum Disorder. People with ASDs rarely form close 1 on 1 bonds so don't usually marry (or have homosexual relationships, depending on their slant). ASDs typically have an obsessions and in BGs case, this is the bible. They have a tendency to look at the world in one particular way and get quite distressed when that world view is challenged or when people don't do things 'their way' - sound familiar?

I'd written BG off as having an Autism Spectrum Disorder. People with ASDs rarely form close 1 on 1 bonds so don't usually marry (or have homosexual relationships, depending on their slant). ASDs typically have an obsessions and in BGs case, this is the bible. They have a tendency to look at the world in one particular way and get quite distressed when that world view is challenged or when people don't do things 'their way' - sound familiar?

Um, not sure where you are getting your information from, but it is not true that people on the autistic spectrum "rarely" have close relationships or that they can't marry. MOST people on the spectrum DO have close relationships with both their immediate family members, and a few close friends. Further, most people identified as Asperger's (which is what I'm assuming you're trying to classify Gothard as) do have romantic relationships. Many choose to marry. Aspies most often do have to put in more effort than the average person to learn how to build and sustain a romantic relationship as it might not 'come naturally' to them, but having to put effort into learning something is entirely different than saying that something can't or doesn't happen.

You might be interested in reading up on the subject more to learn more about how some misconceptions are spread, and so that you can better educate yourself for the future. :)

Bullshit.

ASD among adults is way under recognised. There's a reason why people keep having autistic kids, it's genetic. I work assessing ASD kids and I can tell you right now that it is VERY rare I meet parents of ASD kids where at least one of the parents doesn't fall somewhere on the spectrum themselves. Most of them don't have a diagnosis, most of them don't even know it or recognise it in themselves, but it's there.

If people with ASDs and traits, recognised or otherwise didn't form bonds, then there wouldn't be any autistic kids.

Archived