IGNORED

Let's Do Some Fundie Match Making

gustava

What about the Ardt family? Of course they seem more interested in playing baseball than courting. I'd pair them with a duggar since it's clearly they have ambitions to have their own TV show.

Gothard/Santorum.

Yeah, it's a bit of a crack pairing, but Santorum would be totally fine with being Gothard's boy toy.

God I'm a horrible person.

Gothard/Santorum.

Yeah, it's a bit of a crack pairing, but Santorum would be totally fine with being Gothard's boy toy.

God I'm a horrible person.

No you're not, you are inspired! I think I might just have to ship Gothard/Santorum now.

Guest Anonymous

Anna Sofia Botkin and Sarah Maxwell. They're going to have leave fundiedom of course, but the two of them would get a chance to go out and have some fun.

Anna Sofia Botkin and Sarah Maxwell. They're going to have leave fundiedom of course, but the two of them would get a chance to go out and have some fun.

Not sure on that one. Sarah always seems down to earth whereas the Robotkins come across as quite pretentious. Sarah might be happier with Michaella Bates who seems quite down to earth like Sarah.

Not sure on that one. Sarah always seems down to earth whereas the Robotkins come across as quite pretentious. Sarah might be happier with Michaella Bates who seems quite down to earth like Sarah.

I agree! They would be fantastic together, living in a wee cottage in the woods, raising babies, cooking and generally being off the radar.

R.C. Sproul Jr. with one of the Botkin girls. His quiver can become even fuller.

While Denise has only been gone a couple of months, by the end of the year he should be over the grieving process. Heather Davis met her new husband a year after Eric died so a year seems to be an appropriate timeline for fundies to grieve.

He says on his blog that he's completed his "40 days of mourning" so I guess he's ready to get back in the saddle, so to speak. But, wasn't RC defrocked for bad behaviour, both financial and theological, forcing him to join up with a different sect? I'm guessing the Royal Fundie Fathers would have to be pretty desperate to marry off one of their daughters to someone with that kind of taint.

Oh. Yeah. Disharoon. Never mind.

The Arndts and the seven sisters don't have a lot in common religiously, but both sets are so like each other in their weird sheltering and their fear of ever leaving their families. We could have an Arndt-SS septuple wedding, and both families could move onto a giant compound somewhere. They could pretend to live in a musical and maybe the girls would sew baseball uniforms out of frumper fabric. If that did hypothetically happen, I would expect to see a lot of first-cousin marriages because they would never let any of their kids meet anyone else.

What I'm more curious about is who the Patriarchs would marry if their wives died from childbirth. I think Jim Bob or Chris Jeub would look for some 18 year-old.

Um, not sure where you are getting your information from, but it is not true that people on the autistic spectrum "rarely" have close relationships or that they can't marry. MOST people on the spectrum DO have close relationships with both their immediate family members, and a few close friends. Further, most people identified as Asperger's (which is what I'm assuming you're trying to classify Gothard as) do have romantic relationships. Many choose to marry. Aspies most often do have to put in more effort than the average person to learn how to build and sustain a romantic relationship as it might not 'come naturally' to them, but having to put effort into learning something is entirely different than saying that something can't or doesn't happen.

You might be interested in reading up on the subject more to learn more about how some misconceptions are spread, and so that you can better educate yourself for the future. :)

Where am I getting my information? My sons pediatrician and my husband, who is a lecturer in medicine at our local uni. (His boss is also ASD.) Believe me, we read all the medical journals concerning ASDs in an attempt to be the best parents we can for our son. Close relationships with family are easy because family adapts to the traits of the person. Close relationships with those outside the family can occur if the person is mild to start with and/or has alot of therapy. It requires effort and determination on the part of the person with ASD.

Ok, I've never met Gothard nor am I a doctor but he does seem to have the obsessions that go with ASDs. I also think he is the sort of person who, if he finds relationships difficult, would believe that God was calling him to be single.

Yes, relationships require effort - that's why you hear so much about aspies and emulation. But to say they don't form close bonds IS bullshit. They do, it isn't easy, but they do.

Whoa, I just realized we forgot to include the ultimate "spinster" fundy in our matchmaking frenzy here.... dear Gothard himself!

Now what poor woman would eharmonyfundy match that fuckwit with?!?

What about Grandma Duggar and Gothard? That would make Boob the ATI crown prince.

If that did hypothetically happen, I would expect to see a lot of first-cousin marriages

Is there a term for cousins who are cousins twice over? - as in siblings married siblings.

I've heard of a few cases where identical twins married identical twins, and assumed that they would have to treat their children as genetically siblings. Seven sisters marrying seven brothers isn't quite as close, but it's closer than normal first cousins.

Is there a term for cousins who are cousins twice over? - as in siblings married siblings.

I've heard of a few cases where identical twins married identical twins, and assumed that they would have to treat their children as genetically siblings. Seven sisters marrying seven brothers isn't quite as close, but it's closer than normal first cousins.

'Double cousins' or 'cross cousins'.

Bria Crawford is in marriageable age (18) now. I remember that Kelly once wrote that Bria hoped that she would one day be pregnant at the same time as her mum. That poor, young, sheltered mind. I wonder whom she will marry. There ought to be many suitors. I mean Crawford is very much like fundie royalty after all. Not to mention that Bria is considered to be a fine, young lady. A while ago someone here mentioned one of Jennie Chancey's sons as a suitable match. How old is that young man?

'Double cousins' or 'cross cousins'.

We call 'em "double first cousins" and it applies to siblings who marry siblings, not just twin marriages.

Let's hear it for a boring Staddon son marrying Sarah Maxwell. Don't know if he might be too worldly for Steve, but I imagine that most men are too worldly for Sarah and her reversal sistas.

I say RC Sproul Jr and the lady whose husband was killed by the Kelly Crawford tornado.

They would have about 30 children in that mixed family.

I'm sure the fundie widowers want to marry 18 year olds, though. That way they can have a bunch more kids!

Archived