IGNORED

Glee

Mama Mia

I don't know if any of you watch Glee - but they just had their Valentines Day episode and one of the things they touched on was if the "God Squad" ( a group of religious kids ) was comfortable with serenading gay and lesbian couples.

They talked about their feelings about God and their beliefs and came to the conclusion that they were definitely ok with including ALL couples - because "Love is Love"

The show has many gay/lesbian main characters .. and explores the topic regularly, but this is the first time I've noticed them addressing the religious aspect specifically.

Just goes to show that isn't JUST crazy mean fundies out there when it comes to religion ! :clap:

I don't know if any of you watch Glee - but they just had their Valentines Day episode and one of the things they touched on was if the "God Squad" ( a group of religious kids ) was comfortable with serenading gay and lesbian couples.

They talked about their feelings about God and their beliefs and came to the conclusion that they were definitely ok with including ALL couples - because "Love is Love"

The show has many gay/lesbian main characters .. and explores the topic regularly, but this is the first time I've noticed them addressing the religious aspect specifically.

Just goes to show that isn't JUST crazy mean fundies out there when it comes to religion ! :clap:

Yeah, because that's what all of us here at FJ think.

Wow, did I say that it what all FJ posters think ?

I think it is nice that there is a mainstream media representation of people who are religious and are not far-right wingnuts like Santorum, or the Duggars, which are the type that are getting all of the attention lately ( and apparently seem to be growing in popularity )

Was that clear enough for you ?

I saw that, and liked it. I wasn't sure how they were going to go with their "new" character. My roommate watched the glee project, and apparently he's actually quite religious IRL.

But of course, like everything else on glee, I wonder how realistic it was.

If nothing else, it will probably give the 40 thousand 1 million moms something else to crap their pants over :)

I saw that, and liked it. I wasn't sure how they were going to go with their "new" character. My roommate watched the glee project, and apparently he's actually quite religious IRL.

But of course, like everything else on glee, I wonder how realistic it was.

If nothing else, it will probably give the 40 thousand 1 million moms something else to crap their pants over :)

I have been checking 40 Thousand Moms site and so far they have bitched about Glee this week or the lesbian kisses in the last episode. I think the moms 40 k moms have come to the point where they know they will never be able to get advertisers to pull out of Glee. The moms are now bitching Lifetime's upcoming series The Client List which is the spin off from the movie about a single mom who opens up a "happy endings" massage parlor.

I watched the Glee Project too ( :oops: ) and though there was one very religious guy on the show, he didn't win. (He probably would have won but he was worried about kissing girls and how it would interfere with his purity and religious beliefs so he chose to leave the show). The guy who is going to be on Glee was kind-of-religious-but-not-really as far as I remember.

I watched the Glee Project too ( :oops: ) and though there was one very religious guy on the show, he didn't win. (He probably would have won but he was worried about kissing girls and how it would interfere with his purity and religious beliefs so he chose to leave the show). The guy who is going to be on Glee was kind-of-religious-but-not-really as far as I remember.

The very religious guy who left the show was Cameron. He was one of my favorites early on, but when the kissing issues came up, I really wondered why he ever choose to compete on The Glee Project. I kind of disliked Cameron a bit after he cried about those issues. The guy who appeared in this week episode is Samuel Larsen, I don't think he is extremely religious or conservative, on the show he mentioned his mother being offended by kissing another male contestant during one of the competitions. I think Samuel is probably less conservative that his parents.

The very religious guy who left the show was Cameron. He was one of my favorites early on, but when the kissing issues came up, I really wondered why ever choose to compete on The Glee Project. I kind of disliked Cameron a bit after he cried about those issues. The guy who appeared in this week episode is Samuel Larsen, I don't think he is extremely religious or conservative, on the show he mentioned his mother being offended by kissing another male contestant during one of the competitions. I think Samuel is probably less conservative that his parents.

Same about Cameron! One of my favorites early on and I didn't really like him that much after the Lindsay debacle.

Same about Cameron! One of my favorites early on and I didn't really like him that much after the Lindsay debacle.

What made me dislike him during the Lindsay debacle is that he treated Lindsay as if she was in the wrong. Lindsay was being an actress and Cameron couldn't grasp that at all and I also hated how he refused to kiss Hannah during the Teenage Dream video. I posted a few times on TWOP's Glee Project Thread and a lot of the people posting on that thread disliked Cameron after the kissing issues and I remember a few people were pissed that he was able to compete in the online fan favorite competition that gave away a $10,000 prize. Cameron should have been disqualified from that competion since he quit TGP. I remember I voted like crazy so Marissa could win instead of him, but he ended up winning the prize money.

What made me dislike him during the Lindsay debacle is that he treated Lindsay as if she was in the wrong. Lindsay was being an actress and Cameron couldn't grasp that at all and I also hated how he refused to kiss Hannah during the Teenage Dream video. I posted a few times on TWOP's Glee Project Thread and a lot of the people posting on that thread disliked Cameron after the kissing issues and I remember a few people were pissed that he was able to compete in the online fan favorite competition that gave away a $10,000 prize. Cameron should have been disqualified from that competion since he quit TGP. I remember I voted like crazy so Marissa could win instead of him, but he ended up winning the prize money.

Here's my thing about the Cameron issue... Lindsay kissed him without his permission. She may have just been "being an actress" but typically those things are talked about before and put in the script. I was proud of Cameron for standing up for what he believed. I don't agree with him, I don't hold his values, but he never tried to push those on anyone. He merely existed and chose to live by his moral standards. When he realized he couldn't do what was being asked of him, he left. Instead of demanding everyone change for him, he left.

(And Cameron wasn't my favorite. I'm a Damian fan through and through. His voice is amazing and I absolutely love him... and have since before he was on the Project. I'm a huge Celtic Thunder fan. I felt McKynleigh should have won the at home.)

I'm a Damian fan through and through. His voice is amazing and I absolutely love him... and have since before he was on the Project. I'm a huge Celtic Thunder fan.

I love Damian and Celtic Thunder! Damian is my favorite singer ever.

I'm incredibly frustrated with Glee and am reaching the point where the only reason I still watch is Kurt and Blaine. That said, they handled the God Squad nicely. It didn't make me want to throw things at the tv like Grilled Cheesus did.

I thought the Grilled Cheezus idea was hysterical.

I like the musical numbers. Sometimes, they get brilliant, funny lines, and sometimes the scenarios just go so far into the unreal that they sort of lose me. I did like NeNe as the synchro coach - the show is a great fit for her.

I have a feeling that Glee will probably make of Santorum later on in the season. Naya Rivera and Dot Jones slammed him on twitter last week.

Archived