IGNORED

Ruth is Requesting Help

keeperrox

That might violate attorney-client privilege....

Ruth, I hope everything goes well for you.

Ok Ruth, can you get Rachel to ok that an anonymous poster on the internet had her attorney sister speak to her?\

(Listen I will be honest no one has to prove a flying fuck to me...but Ruth said it was an FJ member's sister and I feel like that lends an air of credibility that I am concerned about. If anyone wants to know, yes I believe the vast majority of Ruth's story, but I understand the skeptics and before she uses FJ as her source ala Vyckie I would prefer if a FJ member of their own volition said yes, she spoke to my sister. I don't want Ruth to out the poster and I understand if the poster doesn't want to out themselves either...which is why I asked, not commanded.)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Ruth, can you get Rachel to ok that an anonymous poster on the internet had her attorney sister speak to her?\

(Listen I will be honest no one has to prove a flying fuck to me...but Ruth said it was an FJ member's sister and I feel like that lends an air of credibility that I am concerned about. If anyone wants to know, yes I believe the vast majority of Ruth's story, but I understand the skeptics and before she uses FJ as her source ala Vyckie I would prefer if a FJ member of their own volition said yes, she spoke to my sister. I don't want Ruth to out the poster and I understand if the poster doesn't want to out themselves either...which is why I asked, not commanded.)

I don't understand why it matters?

I don't understand why it matters?

Well then don't understand it. It matters to me..and I have every right to ask the question even if no one wants to understand it.

looooong time lurker, so i finally made an account to say I'm way up in Nor. Cal (Eureka/Humboldt County) and I too offer any help if you need it, IDK where in Cali you're at but there are many willing to help

I'm new here. Somebody (preferably not treemom) want to help me understand what treemom's issue is?

HAHAH! Why not me? It is sort of stupid to ask someone else to explain my issue. Here is my issue:

1. Not everyone believes Ruth.

2. Ruth is asking for money.

(and really those aren't my issues)

3. As part of what could be a scam, Ruth has said a FJ member sister has spoken to Rachel and is helping her.

Number 3 concerns me because it uses FJ as a basis for her credibility....and we really can't vouch for her. I am an admin, my concern is for the reputation of the website. I am not demanding or commanding anyone to do anything, I am asking, politely I might add.

ETA: I am asking the question as treemom the poster, not treemom the admin...but my concern is motivated because I am an admin.

I'm new here. Somebody (preferably not treemom) want to help me understand what treemom's issue is?

She asked a question. That's different than an issue. Hope this helps.

She asked a question. That's different than an issue. Hope this helps.

Ordinarily, yes. It appeared to me to be creeping into issue territory when she would not explain the reason for the question. But, then, when I asked, she did explain. So, good.

Ordinarily, yes. It appeared to me to be creeping into issue territory when she would not explain the reason for the question. But, then, when I asked, she did explain. So, good.

Yes, understanding the history was key. Basically I felt I had explained it from the very beginning and it was obvious. And the last person who dared hint that there was valid reason for skepticism got bitched out at...so I don't intend to go down the whole rabbit hole again.

I suspect Sophie did understand what I was asking...she can be purposely obtuse on occasion.

Ruth understands skepticism, as she chooses to be anonymous and that's just part of the price for it. I believe Ruth on the whole, but it is okay for others to express doubts, and I don't think others need to get their backs up about it. Not speakintg for treemom, but I agree with her and I think it's important to point out that there are skeptics and legitimate questions. FJ is not a hive.

That said, I have donated and will probably donate again. But others are entitled to ask the questions.

To be honest, I have the same "issue" that treemom has.

ETA - sophie, I think the problem is that when someone is soliciting for help (or money) and starts using FJ, even in a distant way, to legitimize their anonymous story, it makes the board complicit if they're scamming. Down the road, if it turned out that the story is fake (which I hope it's not) then someone could start crying foul that "well, I donated money because Ruth said FJ talked to her in real life!"

(I honestly don't have a dog in the "Is Ruth Real" fight, I just don't want people to be duped because suddenly someone is claiming our members or their family is helping them in real life when they might not be. There's no way to verify that it's true, so some of us just prefer to be cautious.)

Why would "someone besides Treemom" explain Treemom's question? Is there some reason she is not qualified to clarify her own posts?

so confused... I have the same reservations that she does, I think it is very valid.

Just posting to back Treemom. If the poster with the attorney sister doesn't want to post publicly on here, perhaps she could PM an admin? I would also feel better to have a bit of backup. This does not mean that anyone needs to reveal Ruth's identity, if that's what people are worried about.

So many people donating money makes this a different ballgame altogether, imo.

I can't blame Treemom for being skeptical. It is the internet after all. I tend to trust people a bit too much and because of that I find hearing the voice of a skeptic useful. It gives me more balanced perspective. However, in this case I tend to believe Ruth is telling the truth so I hope for the best for her and her sister. What really strikes me about this thread is the support of so many of the FJ crowd. It warms my heart that so many are so willing to step right up and help a stranger.Even if we are mislead - I can't help but feel good about the kindness.

Why would "someone besides Treemom" explain Treemom's question? Is there some reason she is not qualified to clarify her own posts?

so confused... I have the same reservations that she does, I think it is very valid.

She had apparently already declined to provide the clarification that I, too, was hoping to see. Didn't want to get into a classic internet "i don't have to explain my self if I don't wanna" extravaganza. In short: it was unclear to me who the grownups are in the dynamic. I guessed wrong.

I can't blame Treemom for being skeptical. It is the internet after all. I tend to trust people a bit too much and because of that I find hearing the voice of a skeptic useful. It gives me more balanced perspective. However, in this case I tend to believe Ruth is telling the truth so I hope for the best for her and her sister. What really strikes me about this thread is the support of so many of the FJ crowd. It warms my heart that so many are so willing to step right up and help a stranger.Even if we are mislead - I can't help but feel good about the kindness.

Very much agreed. I don't want people to think that those of us who are a little cautious means we don't believe Ruth or want to help her. I think we're just worried that the board is being used in a way that could be mistaken as verification that she's real when it's not. And I don't think Ruth meant to do that, that's just one of the downsides of remaining anonymous, some people will always be cautious.

Caramel, maybe you should take some time to figure that out before making a post that could be seen, coming from a newbie, as somewhat confrontational. We are all grown-ups here btw, just grown-ups with diverse opinions and varying degrees of suspicion.

HAHAH! Why not me? It is sort of stupid to ask someone else to explain my issue. Here is my issue:

1. Not everyone believes Ruth.

2. Ruth is asking for money.

(and really those aren't my issues)

3. As part of what could be a scam, Ruth has said a FJ member sister has spoken to Rachel and is helping her.

Number 3 concerns me because it uses FJ as a basis for her credibility....and we really can't vouch for her. I am an admin, my concern is for the reputation of the website. I am not demanding or commanding anyone to do anything, I am asking, politely I might add.

ETA: I am asking the question as treemom the poster, not treemom the admin...but my concern is motivated because I am an admin.

Aletco has communicated with Ruth and vetted her identity. I'll take her word on this.

Aletco has communicated with Ruth and vetted her identity. I'll take her word on this.

I am getting confirmation on this, because it is news to me.

If Alecto or another trusted source has vetted that indeed, Rachel is pregnant and that Ruth is able to get her out of Darth's/harm's way, it means a lot.

I'm skeptical about everything on teh webz, even stories with as many details as Ruth's have had.

Even the foregoing kerfuffle might be bogus, just staged to make lurkers think there's a rift in the hive!!!

<---That last possibility is meant as a joke, everybody! Joking, just joking!!! I've just got lurkers on the brain, these days! :greetings-wavingyellow:

Archived