IGNORED

Ruth is Requesting Help

keeperrox

Ummm...I said "Yeah, Marmalade," but there was no attitude behind it. I was agreeing with whoever said they didn't think it was correct, and asking you if you confused it with another situation. No offence intended. :oops:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect I'm that "last poster." I expressed what I believed was a legitimate position. When someone comes at you with "Yeah, Marmalade..." THEY are the ones with the attitude. THAT attitude really isn't necessary and accomplishes nothing in an honest discourse, in which information was easily verified and and proven to be INCORRECT, rather than flounce, I apologized. Usually, my memory doesn't fail me, so I wouldn't come here posting shit that I knew was false to stir up trouble.

I posted this publicly so the people who "bitched me out" understand where the post came from and why. If they can't accept it for what it is, that's their problem. No skin off my back.

WTF? No, I was referring to the epic post princessjo made and many, many people who went after her. (hell I might have even been one of them...I can't remember what I thought at the time)

I've been reading RR since her blog began and I have always been a bit skeptical and probably always will be, as that is my nature when it comes to anything not backed up in some concrete proof. With that said, count on $20 from me after I get paid on Friday. I feel like Rachel/Ruth needs it more than Planned Parenthood this week.

Good luck, Ruth! Hope you're able to pull it off!

It is ok to be skeptical and it is ok to believe it at face value. I just don't want anyone thinking anything has been corroborated by FJ either officially or unofficially. If the poster who has the sister wants to verify, it would be appreciated, but we still have to decide for ourselves. My original point was asking if that poster was willing to do so.

Not to muddy the waters any more on this issue but how would talking to a FJ poster's sister verify Ruth's story? I'd guess it was over the phone and you can lie that way almost as easily as online.

Not to muddy the waters any more on this issue but how would talking to a FJ poster's sister verify Ruth's story? I'd guess it was over the phone and you can lie that way almost as easily as online.

I don't think it's meant to verify Ruth's entire story, just what she stated about an FJer offering help that was accepted.

As far as a resource list - we've talked about it before, and the general consensus is this is NOT a support board, it's a snark board. I think the best advice we can have is to contact a local DV shelter if you need help.

looooong time lurker, so i finally made an account to say I'm way up in Nor. Cal (Eureka/Humboldt County) and I too offer any help if you need it, IDK where in Cali you're at but there are many willing to help

Hi neighbor,

I am in Redding and also willing to help.

*Dies from irony*

Anyway, something constructive: Ruth, I am glad to hear you have a plan put together and I hope it works out and runs smoothly. I know that taking trains when you are not used to it can be quite stressful, nevermind all the other things Rachel is going through, so I am glad to hear that you will be travelling with your sister. It warms my hear to see how (part of) your family is banding together to help your sister out. I wish you the best of luck in executing your plan.

Anno Domini, feel free to shut down your computer and get back on that job/counseling/life outside Munchausen's-by-internet thing.

Ok Ruth, can you get Rachel to ok that an anonymous poster on the internet had her attorney sister speak to her?\

(Listen I will be honest no one has to prove a flying fuck to me...but Ruth said it was an FJ member's sister and I feel like that lends an air of credibility that I am concerned about. If anyone wants to know, yes I believe the vast majority of Ruth's story, but I understand the skeptics and before she uses FJ as her source ala Vyckie I would prefer if a FJ member of their own volition said yes, she spoke to my sister. I don't want Ruth to out the poster and I understand if the poster doesn't want to out themselves either...which is why I asked, not commanded.)

I've been in contact with Ruth due to my proximity to her sister, and I have confirmation that it's for real. That's all I'm going to say.

Ok. I have a few moments before I leave to go meet Rachel.

I did want to clear up something. I never asked for money. I asked for help with resources and contacts. This was the text of my blog post:

"I hate to do this; but, I need to ask for your help.

Does anyone know of ANY resources for moving her here? I've been google searching for hours and haven't found anything! We did, however, get a lucky tip here regarding the free legal aide, so I'm hoping there's someone here who knows of some resource to tap for getting her moved here and set up with an attorney, not for the adoption, to protect her from my dad and others who wish her harm. Any ideas are welcome! Thank you, in advance."

Without giving away too much, until it's done, I will say that one family from my blog have Rachel a place to stay until I get there and another provided us a link to her sister, who is an attorney, who will help Rachel. That was invaluable!

I understand FreeJinger is a snark site. I don't start the posts here about my blog. I also have said, time-and-time again, that I understand the skepticism. I'm getting better at letting people in and sharing my identity. Helping my sister through this has required it. I also know that every person I've shared that identity with has promised to keep my trust. If I could be sure that someone on the admin here would do the same, then I would give my name and such. However, I've seen people take other bloggers who've allowed their identity to be public and track down their court cases, post their financial information, and generally leave no stone unturned in their quest for transparency. I can't have that happen at the moment. But, to put this question to rest once and for all, tell me what needs to be done and I'll decide how best to proceed. It will have to wait a few days because of the circumstances. But, if one of the mods want to e-mail me or set up a time to speak by phone after I get Rachel safe, then I'll consider it.

Thanks, again, to all of those who have been part of helping me and my sister.

Yes, understanding the history was key. Basically I felt I had explained it from the very beginning and it was obvious. And the last person who dared hint that there was valid reason for skepticism got bitched out at...so I don't intend to go down the whole rabbit hole again.

I suspect Sophie did understand what I was asking...she can be purposely obtuse on occasion.

hey there! just back from class to see the nice compliment after I ask one question. No I did not get why at the time, and your explanation makes more sense. I have just as much a right to ask you why it matters, when I don't get it, as you have to ask a question no one will answer!

I think it does not matter, because it could actually be someone claiming to be on FJ, it could be someone lurking on FJ, it could be someone from FJ wanting to stay anonymous so that her/his location is not revealed, did/can Ruth check exactly how active a member it is? I did not get at the time the idea that it could be of matter to the credibility of FJ, although I can kind of see that now. Again, That's a lot of explanation for one simple question.

** I haven't finished catching up to the thread, just wanted to address such a nice comment first.

ETA: I finished catching up. Although I see your point of view, FJ is a snark board, a forum. Ruth says someone from FJ, not the admins, not FJ provided me with someone. I think that if anyone thinks that she's corroborated by that and thus wishes to give money it's their loss. To some extent this is just a forum, not a unified position or opinion about anything.

If Ruth corroborates her story with Alecto for instance, it will still be Alecto's opinion - someone nearly none of us know, and who could be just as phoney as Ruth.

I could come up and say it's my sister the lawyer, but what would it prove? Nothing. Anyway, whatever.

I don't really think it's necessary for you to reveal your identity to anyone here, Ruth. I (and I think Treemom also meant this, she can correct me if I'm wrong) just thought some corroboration of this particular situation would make us skeptics feel a bit better. Creaky Steel's post is good enough for me.

Not that I'm not super-curious as to who you are--I am, I admit it. It's more like I'm curious as to your real first name. I wouldn't recognize a last name anyway. I'm not up on American fundies except the Duggars. I'm just snoopy. Go ahead and ignore me in that regard. :mrgreen:

I really do hope that when Rachel's safely settled, you'll come back here and tell us what the heck happened! It sounded like Isaiah was denying responsibility and that was it, and the next thing we hear is that his parents are involved and teamed up with your dad to...not sure what. So I hope you'll come back and tell us when you can!

hey there! just back from class to see the nice compliment after I ask one question. No I did not get why at the time, and your explanation makes more sense. I have just as much a right to ask you why it matters, when I don't get it, as you have to ask a question no one will answer!

I think it does not matter, because it could actually be someone claiming to be on FJ, it could be someone lurking on FJ, it could be someone from FJ wanting to stay anonymous so that her/his location is not revealed, did/can Ruth check exactly how active a member it is? I did not get at the time the idea that it could be of matter to the credibility of FJ, although I can kind of see that now. Again, That's a lot of explanation for one simple question.

** I haven't finished catching up to the thread, just wanted to address such a nice comment first.

ETA: I finished catching up. Although I see your point of view, FJ is a snark board, a forum. Ruth says someone from FJ, not the admins, not FJ provided me with someone. I think that if anyone thinks that she's corroborated by that and thus wishes to give money it's their loss. To some extent this is just a forum, not a unified position or opinion about anything.

If Ruth corroborates her story with Alecto for instance, it will still be Alecto's opinion - someone nearly none of us know, and who could be just as phoney as Ruth.

I could come up and say it's my sister the lawyer, but what would it prove? Nothing. Anyway, whatever.

I have the overwhelming urge to tell you to fuck off. But instead I will say this...it isn't a nice comments and yes I believe you are intentionally obtuse at times. You hide behind language barrier or whatevs...I might be wrong...hell I am likely wrong. But my opinion is you did know what I was driving at and were simply couching bitchiness is a "oh what in the world would that prove!" statement. Don't hide the bitchiness...just be it. Then I won't call you obtuse.

Regarding the other stuff...I never said most of that...but let me assure you people WILL get the idea that there is some sort of complicit verification of Ruth. As far as someone saying that it was there sister...here is what it proves...someone is willing to say that...which is more than we have now.

And considering someone thought Alecto had vetted Ruth it is reasonable for me to be concerned that someone will feel like FJ OWNER (and then admin) is putting forth the whole idea as valid and true. People already said it in this thread! So I want to make it clear....at this point no FJ'er has said that their sister attorney has spoken to Ruth. Alecto has not vetted Ruth. One poster said she will vouch for the authenticity. Have at it what you will but don't act like asking the question is stupid. More information, true or not, is always good. And if it came from certain posters that it was their sister attorney I would 100% believe them. Some of us have interacted outside of this forum and some of us trust some of the other ones. Some not...All of which is ok because it is personal preference.

I don't really think it's necessary for you to reveal your identity to anyone here, Ruth. I (and I think Treemom also meant this, she can correct me if I'm wrong) just thought some corroboration of this particular situation would make us skeptics feel a bit better. Creaky Steel's post is good enough for me.

Not that I'm not super-curious as to who you are--I am, I admit it. It's more like I'm curious as to your real first name. I wouldn't recognize a last name anyway. I'm not up on American fundies except the Duggars. I'm just snoopy. Go ahead and ignore me in that regard. :mrgreen:

I really do hope that when Rachel's safely settled, you'll come back here and tell us what the heck happened! It sounded like Isaiah was denying responsibility and that was it, and the next thing we hear is that his parents are involved and teamed up with your dad to...not sure what. So I hope you'll come back and tell us when you can!

No, I don't think you do need to reveal your identity. Nor do I think anyone NEEDS to vouch for you. But if someone is willing to I think it is ok to ask. Which I did. Your responsibility is not to me or FJ and I say that as a person who did give you money.

No, I don't think you do need to reveal your identity. Nor do I think anyone NEEDS to vouch for you. But if someone is willing to I think it is ok to ask. Which I did. Your responsibility is not to me or FJ and I say that as a person who did give you money.

:text-+1:

I don't think it's stupid, I think it's useless, hence the question is what use is there to ask the question. You answered what you think of it, I kind of get it now, but still disagree for the most part. I am on no other forum, and have never followed a blog or a story that turned out to be a hoax, so little experience there.

You can tell me to fuck off if you want, but I just don't feel like letting slide your unwanted - and in this case, unwarranted - comment. I don't know who the hell is caramel or whatever this new poster's name is, I did not ask that person to follow up with my question - hell I was not even there anymore - and I don't appreciate being used as an example of being obtuse to tell someone else to fuck off. Now that I made it known, and that I have explained my position, there's not much else to say.

Except I own the forum, and my entire admin staff can easily vouch for who I am. And quite honestly, I have access to every single member's IP address, email and other personal information, and I have never released anything. In the year I've owned FJ, I've never been anything less than upfront and honest, and I have a track record to prove it.

As far as Ruth, I understand and appreciate Treemom's concern. There is a certain level of liability for us if FJ is name dropped for credibility. That is a big reason we aren't a support site. We don't provide resources - because that would create liability. Also, we've had bad experiences with people using members in that regard.

That being said, Creeky Steel is a long time member, and I know first hand she has been involved with this situation and Ruth, so I am willing to take her and her vouching for the situation at face value and trust it until I receive information otherwise.

:teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah:

FAUQUIER FREE CLINIC

Rob Marino, Executive Director

PO Box 3138

Warrenton, VA 20188

Warrenton Clinic Location:

210 West Shirley Avenue

Warrenton VA 20186

Phone: (540) 347-0394

Fax: (540) 349-3262

Email: rob@fauquierfreeclinic.org

Serving: Fauquier County, Rappahannock County

The Fauquier Free Clinic serves low-income, uninsured residents of both Fauquier and Rappahannock Counties. Our patients come from households living at or below 150% of the federal poverty level. Over 65% of our patients are employed. Most are working in the service sector or in agriculture. We treat only those patients with no health insurance and no access to Medicaid, Medicare or other health care support.

*Accredited through the Virginia Association of Free Clinics since 2010.

FREDERICKSBURG COUNSELING SERVICES

Marci Bartley, MA, Executive Director

305 Hanson Avenue, Suite 140

Fredericksburg, VA 22401

Phone: (540) 373-2320

Fax: (540) 373-2320 (call first)

Email: fcsagency@aol.com

Serving: Stafford County, Spotsylvania County, Orange County, King George County, Caroline County, Westmoreland County, Fredericksburg city

Fredericksburg Counseling Services, Inc.(FCS),a mental health free clinic, provides access to counseling and other related services, at no charge, to low income, uninsured residents of our region. Services include individual, couples, family counseling, case management for FCS clients andeducational presentations.The agency's goal is to help people work toward freedom from mental and emotional problems, family and marital conflicts, and other situations that affect quality of life.

I don't think it's stupid, I think it's useless, hence the question is what use is there to ask the question. You answered what you think of it, I kind of get it now, but still disagree for the most part. I am on no other forum, and have never followed a blog or a story that turned out to be a hoax, so little experience there.

You can tell me to fuck off if you want, but I just don't feel like letting slide your unwanted - and in this case, unwarranted - comment. I don't know who the hell is caramel or whatever this new poster's name is, I did not ask that person to follow up with my question - hell I was not even there anymore - and I don't appreciate being used as an example of being obtuse to tell someone else to fuck off. Now that I made it known, and that I have explained my position, there's not much else to say.

Meh it as unwarranted to you, I was explaining why I didn't answe you. So to, me it was in context. I am glad you made whatever you made known know. I didn't imagine you would appreciate being called intentionally obtuse....I don't think anyone would.

Ruth, I have so much respect for your sister that she has decided to give her daughter up. I can't imagine how difficult that would be, and I'm awed by the wisdom she's showing by acknowledging that she hasn't been well-prepared to care for the emotional needs of a baby. Wow.

Wishing for you both to have strength and blessings at this time.

Archived