IGNORED

Same-sex parents under fire in Iowa

QAF_Rocks

Stuff like this makes me so mad!

http://www.mombian.com/2012/02/09/same-sex-parents-under-fire-in-iowa-despite-marriage

Even more so because it never gets mainstream attention. The media basically ignores it, and it happens all the time. It's frustrating that, even in states with legal marriage, families still aren't being treated equally under the law.

Fuck that! I though they were supposed to be all about protecting the family? If they were they wouldn't keep trying to fucking distroy them.

Fuck that! I though they were supposed to be all about protecting the family? If they were they wouldn't keep trying to fucking distroy them.

Heh, people attacking this family don't acknowledge same-sex couples as being a family, so protecting them doesn't count. :evil:

They are not even going after the same sex parent, as deplorable as that would be. They are attacking the children's right to have both parents on their birth certificate.

That pisses me off and makes me nauseous. It's so disgusting that things like this are an issue at all. And to have to deal with this on top of the obvious grieving, just... ugh.

I signed the petition thing. Maybe someone will listen if enough people sign. Fuck, I hope the future is better than this. I have to hope.

BTW, QAF_Rocks, I love your name! I miss that show so much! :gay-color:

And yesterday, Lambda Legal filed suit against the Iowa Department of Public Health on behalf of Jenny and Jessica Buntemeyer, a married Iowa couple seeking an accurate death certificate for their stillborn baby, Brayden. The couple completed the death certificate form, putting their names in the spaces for parents, and indicating that they were married. When they received the death certificate, IDPH had erased Jenny’s name.

This is deplorable, to take a devastated and grieving couple and hit them while they are down. You won't let her be acknowledged as a parent, even when their child is dead?

Iowa has the strongest legislation in the midwest for gay couples, with them having legalized gay marriage several years ago. The Republicans in the state must know that gay marriage is never going to go away there, so they are resorting to attacking the details and legal fine print of what it means to live your life as a same-sex couple. I guess it shows that legalizing marriage is just one step in the battle. These people are relentless.

You know the thing about these asshats? They will die the fuck out. It's already happening. And I fucking love the irony: it will be evolution at work, bitches.

Archived