IGNORED

1st Term Obama Approval

jericho

It's hard for me to understand how people can overlook the results of Obama's first term. Also all his inconsistent statements from what he said in his campaign and what he did in office. It seems to me that Democrats are supporting him because they have no other choice. Do you think if another serious Democrat was running for office against Obama, they would have a big chance of winning?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He could do better but he's managing more-than-just-okay for someone facing an entire opposing political party that would rather shoot themselves in the foot than work with him.

He could do better but he's managing more-than-just-okay for someone facing an entire opposing political party that would rather shoot themselves in the foot than work with him.

What about the 1st two years?

Seems like it's hard for you to understand a lot of things, Jericho. Aren't you the jackass who believes women should be prosecuted for having abortions?

I agree. I don't particularly agree with the way Obama deals with the Republican and Tea Party people, but they have made absolutely no effort whatsoever to make things work. The failures or let-downs of this past term are not on Obama's shoulders alone.

I could never vote for a right wing candidate. Ever. Their religious right agenda is just disgusting to me, and it's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the social injustices they promote.

I agree. I don't particularly agree with the way Obama deals with the Republican and Tea Party people, but they have made absolutely no effort whatsoever to make things work. The failures or let-downs of this past term are not on Obama's shoulders alone.

I could never vote for a right wing candidate. Ever. Their religious right agenda is just disgusting to me, and it's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the social injustices they promote.

Plus when GWB left office, the USA was losing 750,000 jobs a month. We are in much better shape now by any legitimate standard. Does everyone have a job who wants one? No, he is not a friggin' miracle worker. Why aren't people just as angry at American corporations who are sitting on more than $1 Trillion dollars as opposed to hiring?

It's not Obama's fault that the president prior to him fucked the country up.

Hey Jericho, Obama would fit into the conservative party here. What do you think of that?

What about the 1st two years?

Personally, I wish he'd shown more chuztpah then but he seemed to be busy trying to prevent the country's economy from circling the drain any faster than it already was.

Seems like it's hard for you to understand a lot of things, Jericho. Aren't you the jackass who believes women should be prosecuted for having abortions?

And thought that it was better for single mothers and their children in the early 1900s than today.

I agree with this. He stepped into a hot mess when he took office.

I would also add:

403812_368178383207679_108038612554992_1452339_2113119886_n.jpg

You're right, Jericho. A forum of liberal leaning women is just going to fall all over themselves to convert to your right wing ideology.

Please throw your college diplomas and birth control packets in the trash can by the door, ladies.

You're right, Jericho. A forum of liberal leaning women is just going to fall all over themselves to convert to your right wing ideology.

Please throw your college diplomas and birth control packets in the trash can by the door, ladies.

I'm sorry that video was too hard for you to understand.

I'm sorry that video was too hard for you to understand.

I'm naming the first child in my quiver Ad Hominem. :lol:

Like anybody is going to take anything put out by an organization named "The Right Scoop" seriously. Yeah, let me logon to the Heritage Foundation for their version while I'm at it. :roll:

Nobody can argue with the job loss numbers; not even the GOP is trying to do that. They know that we were hemorrhaging 750,000 jobs a month as GWB departed, and all they can say is "Yeah, it's better now, but we could have done it better and faster than Obama". My response: "Well, your guy was the guy that took us to the brink in the first place, so excuse me if I don't fall all over myself to put you guys back into office. And that's aside from the morally represensible factor."

This video explains how that jobs chart is deceptive.

http://www.therightscoop.com/obama-ad-s ... something/

I watched the video/the advertisement for that guy's book. His basic argument is that the chart of job losses is not accurate because if you keep losing jobs, at a certain point, no one will have a job so people will have to start gaining jobs again. He says we should be looking not at job losses and job gains but at the unemployment rate. Instead of looking at the unemployment he tells us to buy his book. So I will look at the unemployment rate for him:

chart.png?s=usurtot&d1=20080101&d2=20120229

So there you go. It is up since when he took office. It would have been nice if it was in the commercial video.

As to your original question, I really don't know if another democrat was up against Obama they would have a serious chance of winning. I suspect not because, if it was me voting, I would go for the person who was already in office and knew what they were doing. Also, Obama's approval rating is around 47% right now which isn't terrible. I don't know.

I also didn't know Obama smoked.

Like anybody is going to take anything put out by an organization named "The Right Scoop" seriously. Yeah, let me logon to the Heritage Foundation for their version while I'm at it. :roll:

Nobody can argue with the job loss numbers; not even the GOP is trying to do that. They know that we were hemorrhaging 750,000 jobs a month as GWB departed, and all they can say is "Yeah, it's better now, but we could have done it better and faster than Obama". My response: "Well, your guy was the guy that took us to the brink in the first place, so excuse me if I don't fall all over myself to put you guys back into office. And that's aside from the morally represensible factor."

And you think because we didn't continue to lose 750,000 jobs a month (not my number btw) when Obama took office, this is a success? The video explains it clearly. In our worst nightmare of a recession we could not sustain losing that many ADDITIONAL jobs every month. We'd run out of people. So because the amount of jobs lost starting slowing due to running out of employed people, that is a success?

Obama quit a year ago. The elder Bush smoked while he was in office and his son smoked cigars.

Now back to our original programing.

Again, jericho, what do you think of the fact that Obama would be part of our Conservative party? I wouldn't vote for him if he ran here because I consider him right wing, although I would give him my vote if I was in the states because he's not CRAZY right wing.

You do realise that you have to look at the source for information like this? Something called 'The Right Scoop' might be the teensy bit biased.

I know I'd be smoking of Bush was running my country but it probably wouldn't be cigarettes...

Explain how it was misleading?

Typical job growth doesn't really mean job growth double speak. Could something different have been done to slow job loss and increase job growth? Possibly. Denying the facts because of hypothetical "what ifs" doesn't work, though. The facts are just that ... facts. Job growth happened. It might be happening slow, but it is actually happening.

I watched the video/the advertisement for that guy's book. His basic argument is that the chart of job losses is not accurate because if you keep losing jobs, at a certain point, no one will have a job so people will have to start gaining jobs again. He says we should be looking not at job losses and job gains but at the unemployment rate. Instead of looking at the unemployment he tells us to buy his book. So I will look at the unemployment rate for him:

chart.png?s=usurtot&d1=20080101&d2=20120229

So there you go. It is up since when he took office. It would have been nice if it was in the commercial video.

As to your original question, I really don't know if another democrat was up against Obama they would have a serious chance of winning. I suspect not because, if it was me voting, I would go for the person who was already in office and knew what they were doing. Also, Obama's approval rating is around 47% right now which isn't terrible. I don't know.

And the unemployment rate hasn't been below 8% since Obama has been in office. Also, that rate is deceptive because it does not count those who stopped looking for jobs and it also includes temporary jobs.

Archived