IGNORED

The Bible and Vicodin

marmalade

I highly recommend it; glad it's not the stuffy KJV. :dance:

(Full disclosure: Following in OLatin's footsteps, I'm taking a "Bible as Lit" course this semester for funsies.)

I don't get high or even tipsy off the stuff. It just makes me dizzy and fall asleep. I've been taking it to sleep this week after a root canal on Thursday.

I just had a root canal today, and I love the vicodin...esppecially when chased with pomegranate vodka and 7up, after the child is in bed, of course. Wolfie, send me yours. Thanks!

Is it a book? I'll admit I clicked on this thread out of pure Dr. House fandom.

House! I wish. :mrgreen:

I'm pretty dopey right now. I'm going to try and watch the debate in a few minutes, but don't know how much of it I'll be able to take, even in my current state.

Angri-la, the dentist, his assistant and I were discussing margaritas and mojitos during my procedure today (his ambiance music of the day was samba/salsa type stuff).

I just had a root canal today, and I love the vicodin...esppecially when chased with pomegranate vodka and 7up, after the child is in bed, of course. Wolfie, send me yours. Thanks!

I have a rule, since I want my liver when I'm older, is no alcohol with acetaminophen.

I do use it to sleep when I'm in pain, I just get no "fun" side effects. My sister on the other hand.....

Is it a book? I'll admit I clicked on this thread out of pure Dr. House fandom.

LOL. I actually got my vicodin prescribed by a dr. Wilson after a leg surgery. I should have kept that bottle :lol:

I have a rule, since I want my liver when I'm older, is no alcohol with acetaminophen.

I do use it to sleep when I'm in pain, I just get no "fun" side effects. My sister on the other hand.....

I have other things that'll kill me before my liver goes bad. I get to be a hedonist!

I have other things that'll kill me before my liver goes bad. I get to be a hedonist!

:) yeah, three of my grandparents lived past 80, two past 90. And the one who didn't, died of liver failure at age 41. While I have health problems, none of them should shorten my life that much.

Man, I wish I could kind of enjoy Vicodin (on the rare occasions I need it!) but it makes me buzzy and queasy and not happy. It also takes care of the pain pretty well, so if I need it, I take it. But my body chemistry just doesn't have funsies with opiates. This only disappoints me when I am in enough pain to need them.

Vicodin used to make me really queasy and short of breath and insanely itchy, all over my body. I haven't taken it in years, then I got manhandled in a massage on Friday night and woke up with a major pain in the neck on Saturday, so I stole a couple from my husband. No side effects (aside from a slightly happy glow) and the pain was almost completely gone. I think I'll worship narcotics before I worship God.

Archived