IGNORED

This just in, Steve Maxwell is a controlling ass

kpmom

I was reading the comments on Sarah's birthday blog post, and came across a reply from Steve that surprised me in revealing just how controlling Steve Maxwell is. It shouldn't have surprised me, but it did.

This is a comment from a little boy who enjoys the Moody books;

Tony says:

January 20, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Dear Sarah,

Happy Birthday! I am that boy you met in St. Louis, MO when your family was on tour. We got our picture with you. The Moody series is awesome! I read one every night before I go to bed. Where did you get the ideas for the book? I am working on a story of my own about a red wolf named James. Your very big reader,

Tony

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We get many of the ideas from experiences we have and some we observe.

Steve

Um, what is this "we" b.s.? Sarah writes the books herself. She may have her family read them and make suggestions, but they are hers alone as far as I can see. That's pretty low, even for Steve, to take some credit for his daughter's books.

And Tony didn't write to, and compliment Steve. He wrote to Sarah. Pretty shitty of you, Steve.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Sarah writes books because Steve said: Sarah, The Lord said you were to write children's books. Here is your first outline???? WTF? FREE SARAH!!!

Can Sarah not have ONE thing that is just hers alone? I just feel sorrier for her every time we discuss her here. I hate that she wasn't even allowed to respond to that question herself!

I left a comment that will never see the light of day.. and I reamed him for co-opting Sarah's work and also for his control tactics.

Yeah Steve, that was me. And I stand by every single letter of every single word.

/rant/over

I left a comment that will never see the light of day.. and I reamed him for co-opting Sarah's work and also for his control tactics.

Yeah Steve, that was me. And I stand by every single letter of every single word.

/rant/over

If Steve has last word over anything on the blog or anything they 'publish' how likely is it that these books are truly Sarah's creative expression?

Sarah is going to have to gather her inner strength and walk the hell out the door. Marriage isn't the answer to Sarah's problem, Sarah is the answer to Sarah's problems. The Maxwells will never let her go willingly...she is going to have to force it.

Steve Maxwell is a controlling ass.

Word.

Sarah is going to have to gather her inner strength and walk the hell out the door. Marriage isn't the answer to Sarah's problem, Sarah is the answer to Sarah's problems. The Maxwells will never let her go willingly...she is going to have to force it.

Word, again.

I like Sarah for some reason. I hope she gets out someday.

Interesting quote from the Happy Birthday Sarah post...

We love your heart for the Lord Jesus, your sweet spirit, and your great desire to fully serve and obey Him. We delight in the time we have had with you as a beautiful young woman who has chosen to continue to live in our home when you could have moved on to live any life that you desired.

When you spell out your reasons for loving your daughter as: her religion, her ability to Keep Sweet, and her obedience...is it really a choice that she stays at home?

Someone doth protest too much.

I hope that Sarah at least enjoys writting the books...or at least whatever writing she actually gets to do. She needs to have something she likes. Though if she does enjoy writing she better hide it from Steve so he doesn't think she's enjoying it too much.

"......who has chosen to continue to live in OUR home when you could have moved on to live any life that you desired."

I hate that part.....she is just a visitor there. It is not HER home.

(How do you put that blue box in the reply so it is known to which comment I am referring?)

"......who has chosen to continue to live in OUR home when you could have moved on to live any life that you desired."

I hate that part.....she is just a visitor there. It is not HER home.

(How do you put that blue box in the reply so it is known to which comment I am referring?)

Just hit the "quote" button that's in the upper right corner of the box of the post you want to quote, and it will open up a reply box for you with the post quoted.

Can Sarah not have ONE thing that is just hers alone? I just feel sorrier for her every time we discuss her here. I hate that she wasn't even allowed to respond to that question herself!

Heck no!!

You shouldn't have any individuality, no, the smallest valid unit is the FAMILY UNIT. So the family never splits up - not even for church services, and not for school. Ideally Daddy works at home so the entire family is under the same roof, functioning as one, best friends to each other, every day, FOREVER. And always.

*shiver*

Interestingly enough, Sarah has answered posts in the past. It's a more recent thing that Steve is answering all of them and making little gatekeeper comments like he "might" let Sarah know about some post or other.

Which of course makes me wonder, when exactly did the change happen? Looks like I might have some sleuthing to do...

Daddy Maxwell's response to that comment and that horrific "happy birthday slave girl" post to Sarah just makes me want to cry!

M.

Just hit the "quote" button that's in the upper right corner of the box of the post you want to quote, and it will open up a reply box for you with the post quoted.

Thanks, The Archivist!!! (Testing....)

3 comments have disappeared over night. Last night, Sarah had 69 comments, now she has 66. I thought one might be Tony's, but it's still there. "Gabby S" who asked how many candles to put on her cake is also still there. I can't think of what else was "contraversial" that might have been deleted... :shifty:

Guest Anonymous

Heck no!!

You shouldn't have any individuality, no, the smallest valid unit is the FAMILY UNIT. So the family never splits up - not even for church services, and not for school. Ideally Daddy works at home so the entire family is under the same roof, functioning as one, best friends to each other, every day, FOREVER. And always.

*shiver*

Interestingly enough, Sarah has answered posts in the past. It's a more recent thing that Steve is answering all of them and making little gatekeeper comments like he "might" let Sarah know about some post or other.

Which of course makes me wonder, when exactly did the change happen? Looks like I might have some sleuthing to do...

We discussed this before but I can't remember the answer - Sarah was definitely in charge of the posts at one point and then it stopped. I wonder if it coincided with her being depressed over Chris and NRAnna's wedding. Or maybe it was that the tone of the comments was changing....

EDIT: I looked it up - Steve started co-authoring the comments after the blow-up when a commenter challenged him for praying for a waitress's salvation, when she did not request this. http://www.titus2.com/blog/index.php/20 ... t-to-care/

Gradually it tailed off til Sarah was out of the picture. This was also in the month or so after the wedding, when we know Sarah was probably depressed - she followed up with a sad post a few months later saying how her father's 'word from the Lord' was encouraging her to be thankful in all circumstances. :(

Co-incidentally it was also immediately after Anna's graduation - maybe they used that to have a re-jig of responsibilities... though in a more normal situation, an extra pair of hands for the family business should mean that the boss becomes nore hands off, and not less so.

Amen, sister!

*!!!!1111eleventy-eleven1111!!!*

Geez, and I thought steve was just an asshole; he's actually worse than that, he moves on into d-bag territory, imo. He should get an award for that. IDK what is worse than that, but I'm sure he can find out what it is... go, Steve! I have faith in you that you'll find it :) ha.

Every time I read Steve's blog, or read about them, I get a gut twinge. The 'we' thing is just...so Steve. It's all his; the people in his family, the work they do, how they look, what they think, do and pray for - and how and when they pray. It's all for and about Steve. He is a sick and twisted man and it's so disgusting the way he has absolute control over everyone.

The comment sounds like it was written by a young boy. Steve could have replied in a much nicer way... like saying thank you or "we are so happy that you liked it".

Really. It's people like that boy who pays for their living - he should be courteous to the hand that feeds him.

The comment sounds like it was written by a young boy. Steve could have replied in a much nicer way... like saying thank you or "we are so happy that you liked it".

Really. It's people like that boy who pays for their living - he should be courteous to the hand that feeds him.

You're exactly right. He is short and cold in any response he manages to give to anyone on the blog. It tells me that he doesn't give a shit about those who comment; he wants their money, but would be happier if they kept their mouths shut and just listened to him.

He's rude, condescending and has no respect for anyone but himself.

Archived