IGNORED

Duggar Dad Comes Out Against Transgender Girl Scout

Deleted07

Anyone see this article?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/dugga ... -girl-scou

"Our family loves Girl Scout cookies and I don't think allowing a boy in the Girl Scouts is a good thing," Duggar told BuzzFeed after a Rick Santorum campaign stop in Laurens. Duggar and some of his children are on the campaign trail for Rick Santorum in South Carolina this week.

"I think the founders of the Girl Scouts would be truly upset to hear this direction," Duggar said, noting that his wife Michelle is a former Girl Scout troop leader. "If they're wanting to create a new scout program where girls and boys would join together, that might be an option. But whether somebody declares they're a boy or girl and can join either one -- it isn't even logical and it goes against the core principles the group was founded on."

Asked about his voting plans if Santorum doesn't win the nomination, Duggar was conflicted. "I think Romney is just as liberal or almost just as liberal as President Obama," Duggar said. "He's trying to act like a conservative, but I don't think it's in his heart."

"I probably would look for a third party candidate, which would not be Ron Paul."

:?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say the comments on the article are refreshing...

The child identifies as a girl. She has as much right to become a Girl Scout as the Duggar clan has the right to have an insane number of children. Different strokes for different folks.

The stupid ones always breed like damn rabbits!

Mr. Duggar is demonstrating his lack of education on the subject

Odds are, one of his kids will be LGBT. Give this 10-20 years.

Why doesn't he take all of his 254 children and start his own Duggar Scouts. Then he can exclude any child he wants.

Not surprising. Jim Bob has no concept of sex or gender beyond the scope of the rigid roles he enforces in his family. I think it's interesting though, that they support the GSUSA (via cookies) when it's quite clearly a liberal, feminist organization. If Michelle was once a Girl Scout, she should know that (not that I'm complaining, mind you).

So the core principle the Girl Scouts was founded on was...preventing transgender kids from joining? This seems somewhat unlikely. *headdesk*

They need to shut up. They need to shut up quick. The sooner the better. Their real personality is coming out. And wow. Not nice. The sooner they shut up, the better. These godly people are really full of hatred towards anything else their folks stand for.

Apparently Jim Bob, like Josh, is tired of being on 19+. My Lord, how much more stupid can come out of JB and Josh's mouth between now and November? Wouldn't you think JB would look up words he doesn't know the meaning of...like 'transgender' for example.

According to my lights this is much more than just "stupid"! This is downright evil. Stupid can be funny, rude, silly, but what they are doing is a horrible mixture of ignorance and malevolence.

So much fear and hatred of a child. This fear and hatred is so far removed from my reality and this sickens me. Fuck you, Jim Bob. Fuck you and your disgusting practices and beliefs.

Ugh! He sits up there on his high horse telling everyone how loving and kind they are but really he is just a hateful, spiteful douchebag. What is worse is that he has passed it on to his children.

This makes me shake with rage.

They need to shut up. They need to shut up quick. The sooner the better. Their real personality is coming out. And wow. Not nice. The sooner they shut up, the better. These godly people are really full of hatred towards anything else their folks stand for.

I hope that they will continue to speak about how they really feel about things and other people. I think that Jim-Bob and Michelle finally should show the world what kind of people they really are behind all the fake smiles.

I hope that they will continue to speak about how they really feel about things and other people. I think that Jim-Bob and Michelle finally should show the world what kind of people they really are behind all the fake smiles.

That makes sense, in that respect I too hope that they will continue to speak out... To keep digging the holes, and I just hope they say something really big and stupid enough to make it to national headlines so that people stop defending and making excuses for them!

I really do hope they have started a spiral of self destruction that won't stop until they've hit rock bottom! (and hopefully end with the cancellation of the series and the runaway of Jana! *sigh* one can dream?)

Let's start slipping hundred or fifty dollar notes into her pocket wherever they show up with a note: for your escape.

I'd present JBoob with a stack of the peer-reviewed research that shows that most transgendered people have neurological patterns similar to their identified, rather than their genetic sex - but he wouldn't be able to sound out the polysyllabic words without Michelle's help.

And who the fuck cares if Michelle was once a Scout? She has repudiated (refudiated? Sarah Palin style?) the Girl Scout ethos - she certainly wouldn't let her girls join the organisation.

I'd present JBoob with a stack of the peer-reviewed research that shows that most transgendered people have neurological patterns similar to their identified, rather than their genetic sex - but he wouldn't be able to sound out the polysyllabic words without Michelle's help.

He would probably drag out his 'circular logic' argument and dismiss it anyway. Also, god...or something.

What if Jim Bob was elected as PRESIDENT? We'd be dooooooomed. No booze, no pills, purity rings. Nevermind. Silly comment. Really tired already.

What if Jim Bob was elected as PRESIDENT? We'd be dooooooomed. No booze, no pills, purity rings. Nevermind. Silly comment. Really tired already.

That really sends shivers down my spine, or the thought that anyone like him could be president... And I don't even live in America! :shock:

How is this any of Boob's business? He'd never let one of his daughters join the evil, feminist, girl-empowering Scouts anyway.

He would probably drag out his 'circular logic' argument and dismiss it anyway. Also, god...or something.

And Smuggar might try to eat it...there's that to consider.

Juliette Gordon Low is rolling in her grave. I'm pretty sure she'd be shocked and disgusted at the people who claim to speak for her and the GUSA, the legacy she left behind. She never let her hearing loss stand in her way, and I'm pretty sure she would not allow idiots like JB stand in the way of other girls (I call those who identify as girls, girls) who want to be part of GUSA.

Just for you, JB, I'm buying as many cookies as I can and eating them. while watching tv or some other ungodly activity! :)

If he loves girl scouts so much, why not let Hannie join, she's just at the right age. She might actually make friends with someone who isn't a sibling!

If he loves girl scouts so much, why not let Hannie join, she's just at the right age. She might actually make friends with someone who isn't a sibling!

BeCAUSE silly she might get evil ideas in her head, AND become friends with one of those transgender girls! DUH!!!

Archived