IGNORED

Duggar Dad Comes Out Against Transgender Girl Scout

Deleted07

You think about sex way too much. This attitude feeds directly into the practice of gender apartheid. Think about it for a minute. You are advocating for segregating children based on their genitalia - how is this different from segregating the black children from the white? It's not. It also has the effect of forcing children to think of themselves sexually at a very early age. You're creating an environment in which boys and girls think of each other only in terms of sexual availability. Is that the world you really want to live in?

I have issues with gender segregated groups in general, because I think separate but equal is wrong. In this particular instance, I'm with the girl scouts because at least they've made the step toward understanding that sex and gender are not the same thing and their attitude of inclusion is consistent with their feminist sensibilities.

:text-+1: on the bolded.

I went to a luncheon yesterday for mothers of youth in the church. Only five mothers came and I was struck by the fact that the two mothers who have, over the years, voiced the biggest concerns about their kids and sex and how boys and girls were going to be segregated on church outings and overnighters are the two with the most sexually active teenagers. Coincidence? Maybe. . . but I don't think so.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:text-+1: on the bolded.

I went to a luncheon yesterday for mothers of youth in the church. Only five mothers came and I was struck by the fact that the two mothers who have, over the years, voiced the biggest concerns about their kids and sex and how boys and girls were going to be segregated on church outings and overnighters are the two with the most sexually active teenagers. Coincidence? Maybe. . . but I don't think so.

I don't think that's a coincidence either. When something is *omg so forbidden and evil we have to talk about how forbidden and evil it is all the time* Then kids are way more likely to do it than kids whose families had a more balanced, less obsessive attitude. It's like how children of super strict parents often end up very rebellious. Though that's probably equaly true with super permissive parents logic and balance is important.

• 2 weeks later...

Even if Jim Bob disagrees with the decision, I think that boycotting girlscout cookies is a bit extreme.For one thing, I'm not sure he ever bought any anyway. For another...I don't know. I don't know what to think, but it seems like one of those situations where, if you're coming at it from JB's point of view, it makes more sense to agree to disagree than to make a big stink about it.

I doubt Jim Bob bought any Girl Scout cookies before, as he'd consider them an ebil feminist organization, and it's not like he'd ever allow any of his precious daughters to join. Which is too bad. But it's not like it'll have any effect, since anyone who supports the Duggars wouldn't approve of Girl Scouts anyways

First of all...like I said in the thread about Josh's homophobic speech on CNN: Keep digging that hole, Duggars. Keep showing how bigoted and ignorant you are and before you know it, you'll have no show and no money always at your disposal. Then Josh and Jim Boob would have to get off their asses and actually work for a change.

Did someone actually ask him about this, or did he bring it up himself? Either way, who gives a shit what he thinks? We know the Duggars are intolerant dipshits, so it's a no-brainer they'd be against a transgender girl being welcomed into the Girl Scouts. Hell, conservatives fundies of their ilk hate the Girl Scouts! The Girl Scouts teaches girls to be strong-willed and independent and that they can do anything if they work hard and follow their dreams! The Duggars want their girls to be under their husband's authority and spend the next 20 years perpetually pregnant!

And calling for a boycott of cookies is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Part of the money made from the cookies goes to helping the troops! Oh wait...they hate the Girl Scouts, of course they want this to happen. ARGH they are such jerks.

When was Michelle a Girl Scout leader? She couldn't have been for any of her daughters, the Duggars would rather eat fresh vegetables than let their girls join an organization that promotes feminism! Did she do it as a teen? Ugh, another thing she took part in that her daughters will never get the chance to.

As for the whole "transgender kid at Girl Scout camp" discussion...I wouldn't have any problem with it, and despite what bits the child may have, she identifies as a girl. Therefore, she IS a girl. I was a Girl Scout from Daisies all the way through to Seniors (and I'm a Gold Award recipient, woohoo!). First camping trip for us was when we were around 8 years old. In the early days, we always took turns changing clothes in the individual bathroom stalls at our camp. As we got older (like, around 10 and up), girls were comfortable with changing in front of each other in the tent or cabin. I've always been incredibly shy and withdrawn, so me and some other girls would still change in the bathroom stall. I was like this in gym class too, especially after I got picked on because I was one of the last girls to get a bra.

However, no matter where you changed in Girl Scouts, the girls in my troop never said anything about it. No one was judged. I know some troops have differences, but for the most part, we got along. The core group of us had known each other since preschool and were good friends and would never judge someone because they changed clothes in the bathroom. And if a transgender girl changed clothes in front of everyone, kids wouldn't be fazed by it.

Little kids are very friendly and accepting. I remember one of the younger troops mine worked with (Brownies when we were Cadettes), there was a girl in there with a condition that left her skin all blotchy and discolored. Her mother said other parents at school were grossed out and would tell their kids to keep away from her, and one even asked her if her daughter was contagious. But the girls in her troop...they treated her no differently than anyone else and it made her mom so happy that she had such good friends in her troop that she could count on.

And how quick does it take to change clothes or put pajamas on? It isn't like the kids are running around naked and orgies are taking place in the tents! Crude, I know, but it's to illustrate a point heh.

And I'm really really sorry for how long this ended up! I'm still fairly new here (lurked at TWoP, came over after that thread got shut down) and I had a lot to say on this matter!

I revisited the original article that inspired this thread and had smoke coming out of my ears. Jboob is a fucking liar. There is absolutely no way that Jchelle was a GS leader. I get so pissed off, every time this man opens his mouth another lie comes out.

I revisited the original article that inspired this thread and had smoke coming out of my ears. Jboob is a fucking liar. There is absolutely no way that Jchelle was a GS leader. I get so pissed off, every time this man opens his mouth another lie comes out.

THIS. As soon as I saw he said that, I was like "When? Your daughters have never been in scouting and never will be!" Did she volunteer as a teenager or something? Even then, I doubt it.

THIS. As soon as I saw he said that, I was like "When? Your daughters have never been in scouting and never will be!" Did she volunteer as a teenager or something? Even then, I doubt it.

The whole Michelle timeline is starting to sound pretty suspicious. Everytime the Duggars get exposed to something secular it turns out that Ma did it before she married Boob. Cheerleading, extra-curricular sports and now Girl Scouts - and graduated from high school and married at 17! There are some really able kids that might handle a demanding schedule, but really, this seems like spin. Like the way people inflate their accomplishments on resumes. I bet she taught a few tumbling moves to a troop that was working on a fitness badge for a few meetings, and this has morphed into 'GS leader'.

Same with my circle of friends. So takers, would you not let your 12 year old daughter have a sleepover with her 12 year old lesbian friend? But then she can have a sleepover with a boy right? And what if your 12 year old daughter was a lesbian? Then I guess you can forbid her from having sleepovers with girls. Also if kids are gonna explore, they're gonna explore and it won't necessarily be at a sleepover. The only thing you can do is to teach your child to respect themselves and make safe and healthy choices.

When I was a kid, sleepovers, even all girls or all boys, were SUPERVISED. There are plenty of things kids can do that they shouldn't that doesn't involve sex. My brother and I are close enough in age that one of us having a sleepover may as well have been co-ed with the other sibling there, but no one freaked about a boy being at a girls' sleepover or a girl being at a boys' sleepover because in the 80's and early 90's, parents...SUPERVISED.

Archived