IGNORED

I see David and Nadia Botkin at Cleve and Lise's wedding

Pclee

Ben and Audri were there too - a few pics at the reception indoors.

There are some other photos on the photographers' site (i.e. not these weddings) that show some seriously defraudin' strapless and

otherwise flesh-revealing bridal gowns. Mercy!

i LOVE the photos the mortons had up of the double wedding. But the way Addie writes makes me feel all kinda emo. Or at least like she's a very emo kind of person.

The Mortons always have lovely photographs. It's to distract you from the patriarchy, the confederate flag and the infantilized daughters in their 20s. In other news, read the latest blog post and found a major SOTDRT fail -- two in one sentence!:

Living together as Christian brothers and sisters is so glorious...I know we've all said it allot, but we miss each of them and love them more then can be written down.

And then -- about four sentences later -- repeat SOTDRT fail:

"I like putting allot of, uh, raw, in their diet.")

And then, from the previous blog post:

And there was allot of words from way down in people's hearts, and allot of tears.

This one's my favorite, because she does it twice in one sentence.

The Mortons always have lovely photographs. It's to distract you from the patriarchy, the confederate flag and the infantilized daughters in their 20s. In other news, read the latest blog post and found a major SOTDRT fail -- two in one sentence!:

And then -- about four sentences later -- repeat SOTDRT fail:

Folks tend to forget that all these girls hymens are up for sale. All the girls get out of it is a party dress and a life of endless drudgery and baby making. I personally cannot look at fundy wedding or baby pictures without getting nauseous.

riffle

I read somewhere that their also was a mini-seminar with Mr. Botkin? Did anybody else read that? It was on the Morton or Sanders blog.. not sure.

All the fundies are connected.. I nead a mindmap or something to keep up with them.

I gotta say that I love the style of the bridesmaids' ensembles. (Wish I'd found something similar for my MOTB dress.) It's nice to see an option other than the seemingly mandatory strapless or spaghetti-strap versions at virtually every wedding nowadays.

The odd gold/sage green plaid in one of the sets of bridesmaids, not so much. You'd think the brides would have coordinated their colors so that they wouldn't clash almost audibly.

It took me a while to work out that it was a double wedding - I kept wondering why the best man and maid of honour had such a prominent role, but I though perhaps they'd just taken their ideas from Harry and Pippa!

Why do these weddings have so much preaching? In a couple of the shots, it looks like the groom is marrying the bride and her father because he's standing in front of them reading from the bible. The FOTB can barely lift his daughter's veil without hitting her in the face with his document holder. It just looks like the whole bridal party is taking turns officiating.

Also, I think Lise's dress is really pretty, but it could stand to be more fitted or have a longer bodice. It looks like she's trying to hide a belly when she's standing at the altar...

Maybe I'm just mean, but I scrolled through the most recent 2-3 entries and there are so many fails...

Dakota wasn't much for the hummis, I suppose

Now that all the luscious hub-ub of December and New Years is over

Two 'brother's' smile at another brother...

And really, this:

How good is God? To us, who are unworthy of anything but hell

What could any person ever do that was bad enough to deserve eternal damnation in the fiery pit? And why would that thought even cross your mind on an otherwise joyful wedding day? *grumble*

What could any person ever do that was bad enough to deserve eternal damnation in the fiery pit? And why would that thought even cross your mind on an otherwise joyful wedding day? *grumble*

I'd like to ask that from Christopher M., too.

It's a small, small fundie world: Phillip Bradrick was there, too, with his worst ears of the whole Bradrick Clan. He looks like an elf. His kid, on the other hand, is seriously cute.

I didn't think that Mortons are so high on the fundie ladder but they surely are since two Botkin males (with their helpmeets) attended the wedding. I'm sorry, I know I'm being totally shallow, but... Ben Botkin is one damn unfortunate looking guy. In real world outside the fundie kingdom he would have never been able to catch a girl like Audri (same goes for you, David Brown).

Otherwise... beautiful pictures and the both brides were beaming. That Chandler boy isn't so bad looking, either 8-) But I really prefer Cleve with his beard. That said, nice pictures and I almost forgot that these people are all the same as Dougie, the Robotkins and Morecraft & co. Almost forgot.

I don't know if it's the Mortons who are so high on the list. We haven't seen these people at the other Morton weddings, after all. But the Kendalls are wealthy and live in the Carolinas, where so many of those VF seminars take place.

I don't know if it's the Mortons who are so high on the list. We haven't seen these people at the other Morton weddings, after all. But the Kendalls are wealthy and live in the Carolinas, where so many of those VF seminars take place.

Anyone know where the Kendalls got their money from?

I don't follow the fundies closely enough to know who the blonde bride is, but her dress was mostly very pretty. It didn't scream out 'I'm Modest!' like most fundie dresses do.

Yeah, the God who made us fallible on purpose, just so he could chuck our fallible @$$es into hell when we live up to our imperfection. Sorry--my God is way better--and smarter--than their "God."

Archived