IGNORED

"I have to go to the thrift store, I KNOW theres a sale!"

FJismyheadship

duggarfamily.com/content/michelle_blog/30728/buy_used_and_save_the_difference_even_on_splurges

Ok who honestly believes Jinger is constantly going to the thrift store for a sale?

I think one of the following is happening:

1: Jinger really is going to the thrift store and is clairvoyant in the way of thrift store sales

2: There is a cute boy that works at the thrift store and she wants to go see him and flirt with him. (More likely option methinks?)

3: She is secretly getting out of the house and doing her own thing. If she has to take a younger sibling, she is bribing them with candy or money to keep quiet. Since she and Jessa are so close, she may take Jessa. I bet she has ways to keep her quiet.... (Wishful thinking but would be cool if it was true)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I choose option 3, she definitely just wants to get out of the house and do something for herself and such.

Seriously, they PRAY about finding another pair of "heelies"????

Come on, Duggars, I think the man upstairs has a lot more pressing concerns than finding you some cheap shoe/skates.

Sometimes they'll want to buy special treats, whether it's candy or a favorite kind of pickle (because we love pickles around here!), and sometimes they'll splurge and they'll spend some of their money to buy this special-crunch-garlic-whatever-whatever-whatever kind of pickle.

Poor buggers can't even get their favourite pickle in a grocery shop? They have to pay for it themselves? :?

it says that they save up for things, how do they do this, especially the younger ones? i thought they didn't get paid for their jurisdictions? :?

yeah shoe/skates seems a bit pointless to me :?

I have thrift store ESP. I knew when I went to the GW yest. I would find new unused hanes sweats in a small petite with pockets, I knew I would find a brand new scale and rice cooker. Sometimes it just happens for me, I wake up knowing. Its a gift I tell ya.

I have thrift store ESP. I knew when I went to the GW yest. I would find new unused hanes sweats in a small petite with pockets, I knew I would find a brand new scale and rice cooker. Sometimes it just happens for me, I wake up knowing. Its a gift I tell ya.

ITS WITCHERY AND SATANISM!!!!

YOU AND JINGER BURNED AT THE STAKE!!! ARRR *Suddenly goes pirate for some reason* lol... :twisted:

NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA BE BURNED AT THE STAKE WITH JINGER!!!!!!!!!!! I can sense when my ex is near me... is that enough for me to be burned with experiencedd and Jinger?

I swear I woke up in the middle of the night (about 5 years ago) knowing the GW would have a pair of red Doc Marten 9 ties. I couldn't get back to sleep. Got there when they open at 8:30 and walla!! Mis marked at $9.99. I am so good at this shit. I have sold my soul for this gift. And Jinger will be my heir. :twisted:

I'm so over the "OMG. My kids all love pickles! Isn't that the cutest little quirk ever!? They even spend pocket money on pickles!" Yeah, whatever.

It's possible that she just wants to get out of the house but is still going to thrift stores. Sometimes I would want to get away too and would really go to the mall, even though I really didn't want to/had been there a lot already.

I believe the Lord does care about the little things. At the same time I also think it would be better if the kids had an allowance they could save up for heelies with.

it says that they save up for things, how do they do this, especially the younger ones? i thought they didn't get paid for their jurisdictions? :?

yeah shoe/skates seems a bit pointless to me :?

I think they do get paid some low amount, like $0.03 per jurisdiction. I remember Boob and Michelle talking about it in one episode, and they said that each kid keeps careful tabs on how much they have to spend.

OMG I know how to free the Duggar kids.

Bait them with a hundred dollar bill on a fishing line, and then tell them they can only have it if they come with us and change their identity and become normal kids.

(Please note I am joking here... cause that would be kidnapping. Would it work on an older Duggarling?)

My guess is she just wants to get out of the house. In the middle of the day thrift stores tend to be really quiet with just staff and a couple customers. Compared to a house full of howlers it would be an escape.

We have it too!! I got a witches ball last week when I said I was going to get one. My sons are like the video game and manga psychics with Goodwill. :clap:

I am unusually good at thrift store shopping and an intuitive garage saler--I always end up at the cool one where the people can be talked down to almost nothing. Beat that Jinger!

One time I went into a thrift store to get a bicycle. The original price was 40 dollars. I told them I had a twenty dollar bill. SOLD!

Fastforward six months later. Looking for another one because the first one was stolen. I walked in, and paid eight bucks for a really nice one that required just a little work that an amazing friend of mine was able to fix up for me.

We have it too!! I got a witches ball last week when I said I was going to get one. My sons are like the video game and manga psychics with Goodwill. :clap:

My husband has awesome Goodwill kung fu. Just this past Saturday he said he wanted to go because he wanted to get some PS3 accessories. He's browsing the electronics and spies a box with a steering wheel on it. It's brand new, in the box, perfect condition, and goes with the PS3. AND it's marked with the 50% off tag. So it was $4!!!!

I'm so jealous, what are y'all's secrets?!

I swear I woke up in the middle of the night (about 5 years ago) knowing the GW would have a pair of red Doc Marten 9 ties. I couldn't get back to sleep. Got there when they open at 8:30 and walla!! Mis marked at $9.99. I am so good at this shit. I have sold my soul for this gift. And Jinger will be my heir. :twisted:

I have the same gift, but it only extends to books and vintage Singer sewing machines. I canceled an appointment at the last minute one afternoon and went to Goodwill because I suddenly knew they had a Featherweight for me. I got a mental image of it on a shelf in the back of the store with the rest of the sewing machines, rather than with the overpriced "collectible" stuff. AND THERE IT WAS, for $19.95.

I can't tell you how many times I've thought about a book I've wanted to read, suddenly known beyond all doubt that it was at Goodwill, and found it waiting for me on the shelf when I went to look. And I read a lot of odd, obscure stuff, so it's not as if there's a good chance those books will show up before long anyway. It's almost spooky, sometimes.

Archived