IGNORED

Santorum Says Gay Parents Worse Than Convicts

doggie

For the second time in as many days, Rick Santorum waded into the issue of gay marriage, suggesting it was so important for children to have both a father and mother that an imprisoned father was preferable to a same-sex parent.

Citing the work of one anti-poverty expert, Santorum said, "He found that even fathers in jail who had abandoned their kids were still better than no father at all to have in their children's lives."

Allowing gays to marry and raise children, Santorum said, amounts to "robbing children of something they need, they deserve, they have a right to. You may rationalize that that isn't true, but in your own life and in your own heart, you know it's true."

At a private boarding school Friday, the Republican presidential candidate's voice grew emotional as he argued that only a man and woman should be able to marry. "Marriage is not a right," Santorum said. "It's a privilege that is given to society by society for a reason.... We want to encourage what is the best for children."

The audience, half students and half local residents, reacted with snorts and applause. The students at Dublin School, which runs from ninth through 12th grade, were primed for Santorum's visit, said headmaster Brad Bates. He said three students in the audience had gay parents, though they were not among those who asked about the topic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if having a mother and a father is so important, why is he okay with women dying because they can't end their pregnancies?

You know whats worse than convicts? 13 year old mothers who's "baby daddy" is a drug dealer/in jail/a relative/30... etc... How about a single mother who gets knocked up by some POS that has 7 other baby mommas and hasnt paid one red cent to support his kids and never will.

Yes, the US has a problem with "the family." Yes, it is causing the deterioration of our society. Guess what, fucknut, teh gayz arent the ones you should be afraid of.

I love that he can say hateful shit like this out of one side of his mouth, then get all butthurt over Dan Savage's, erm, retooling of his surname.

Whew, we were number two for almost a week. Keep the google bomb going FJ.

I was told that the best way to mess with google is to actually google something and then click on the link you want upgraded. I dont think clicking through works.

I was told that the best way to mess with google is to actually google something and then click on the link you want upgraded. I dont think clicking through works.

Good point. Everyone google both "Santorum" and "Rick Santorum" tonight if you love America :P :lol:

You know whats worse than convicts? 13 year old mothers who's "baby daddy" is a drug dealer/in jail/a relative/30... etc... How about a single mother who gets knocked up by some POS that has 7 other baby mommas and hasnt paid one red cent to support his kids and never will.

Yes, the US has a problem with "the family." Yes, it is causing the deterioration of our society. Guess what, fucknut, teh gayz arent the ones you should be afraid of.

This.

As the daughter of a ex-con, believe me, I'd have rather have had two gay parents than go through having one put in federal prison for two years. That literally destroyed our family for a long time.

Fucking asshat.

To FJers in Canada or UK - if Mr. Frothy ends up the President, I'm gonna be knocking on your doors for a place to crash because I will not stay here.

This is true. You must GOOGLE santorum and click the link for spreading santorum.

the guy does not want privacy in the bedroom he is against it. so does that mean we can put a webcam in his bedroom and televise his pathetic attempts at sex?

I would love to see people with these world views leave their cult enclave and go out in the real world. Studies have repeatedly shown that any present parent with good intentions is better than foster care, which I guess is where all these kids end up after being forced to be born. Of course, people like the Gothardites don't want them aborted but won't adopt them because of their "unknown" pasts.

Fucking hypocrites.

the guy does not want privacy in the bedroom he is against it. so does that mean we can put a webcam in his bedroom and televise his pathetic attempts at sex?

Something tells me when he is mounting Mrs. Santorum he's thinking of this:

charaktere-mrslave.jpg

I would love to see people with these world views leave their cult enclave and go out in the real world. Studies have repeatedly shown that any present parent with good intentions is better than foster care, which I guess is where all these kids end up after being forced to be born. Of course, people like the Gothardites don't want them aborted but won't adopt them because of their "unknown" pasts.

Fucking hypocrites.

I think people like this need to really look at countries who did what they are proposing to do. The one I can think of off the top of my head is Ceauşescu from Romania who outlawed birth control and abortions. He also gave accolades to women who has multiple children. As a result Romania has a horrible child abandonment issue and many "lost children". Look at what happen to Romania and that is the possibility of what could happen here if people like this get their way.

(please feel free to correct me if I am wrong about Romania... especially if you live there! :) )

I think people like this need to really look at countries who did what they are proposing to do. The one I can think of off the top of my head is Ceauşescu from Romania who outlawed birth control and abortions. He also gave accolades to women who has multiple children. As a result Romania has a horrible child abandonment issue and many "lost children". Look at what happen to Romania and that is the possibility of what could happen here if people like this get their way.

(please feel free to correct me if I am wrong about Romania... especially if you live there! :) )

No, that is totally right. There is a whole chapter devoted to the link between crime and abortion that used Romania as an example in Freakonomics.

It's important for children to have both female and male role models. Does he think that gay and lesbian parents don't know that? He should talk to some gay families, because they work really hard to make sure their kids have the best of all worlds. The gay and lesbian families I know are outstandingly functional and raising really awesome kids. Comparing that to having a parent in prison is just awful. How is an incarcerated parent a role model, and what exactly are they modeling?

And life is not perfect. I would love to tell Mr. Santorum about the effects of my father's death on my younger brothers. Or what it was like for us when my dad's brain tumor started affecting his personality and we were not safe around him unsupervised anymore. Shit happens. You make do, and you move on. Not everybody gets the June Cleaver family, and many of us still contribute to society and look back on our childhoods with warm memories.

As a parent, if something happened to my husband and me, I would be perfectly happy if my lesbian cousin and her partner cared for my children. Certainly better them than a freaking convict.

It's important for children to have both female and male role models. Does he think that gay and lesbian parents don't know that? He should talk to some gay families, because they work really hard to make sure their kids have the best of all worlds. The gay and lesbian families I know are outstandingly functional and raising really awesome kids. Comparing that to having a parent in prison is just awful. How is an incarcerated parent a role model, and what exactly are they modeling?

And life is not perfect. I would love to tell Mr. Santorum about the effects of my father's death on my younger brothers. Or what it was like for us when my dad's brain tumor started affecting his personality and we were not safe around him unsupervised anymore. Shit happens. You make do, and you move on. Not everybody gets the June Cleaver family, and many of us still contribute to society and look back on our childhoods with warm memories.

As a parent, if something happened to my husband and me, I would be perfectly happy if my lesbian cousin and her partner cared for my children. Certainly better them than a freaking convict.

You know what, I'd love to see someone ask him which he'd want raising his kids if something happened in his family. It's one thing to say a convict's better in a general sense, but it'd make a heck of a soundbite if he actually said "Yes, I'd prefer my children be raised by a man and wife where the man had been in prison for assault instead of a nice lesbian couple."

That's bullshit. Kids deserve a loving, stable and most of all safe home more than they need to have a female or male role model.

Oh and since Santorum thinks that convicts make better parents than gay people, and since he think gay people are the same as pedophiles, then wouldn't he be pro pedophiles being superior parents?

charaktere-mrslave.jpg

Hot!

Given how frequently vocal gay bashers turn out to be total closet cases (Haggard, Rekkers to name a few) because they project their self loathing on people who have the courage to live their life openly instead of repressing it. I wouldn't be suprised if Santorum fit the bill.

In the mean time I googled santorum a few times to keep that at the top. It's downright embarrassing that Santorum's website is not the first, second, third but the 6th ranked link if you google Santorum. For shame! (not really)

That's bullshit. Kids deserve a loving, stable and most of all safe home more than they need to have a female or male role model.

Oh and since Santorum thinks that convicts make better parents than gay people, and since he think gay people are the same as pedophiles, then wouldn't he be pro pedophiles being superior parents?

charaktere-mrslave.jpg

Hot!

Given how frequently vocal gay bashers turn out to be total closet cases (Haggard, Rekkers to name a few) because they project their self loathing on people who have the courage to live their life openly instead of repressing it. I wouldn't be suprised if Santorum fit the bill.

In the mean time I googled santorum a few times to keep that at the top. It's downright embarrassing that Santorum's website is not the first, second, third but the 6th ranked link if you google Santorum. For shame! (not really)

Archived