IGNORED

Michelle Bachman vs Julia Sugarbaker

StarrieEyedKat

The TV Guide Channel shows reruns of Designing Women and you could probably find it on Hulu and/or Netflix as well.

Linda Bloodworth-Thomason , the creator of Designing Women, is a FOB -Friend of Bill Clinton.

The TV Guide Channel shows reruns of Designing Women and you could probably find it on Hulu and/or Netflix as well.

Linda Bloodworth-Thomason , the creator of Designing Women, is a FOB -Friend of Bill Clinton.

Linda Bloodworth-Thomason is from my hometown of Poplar Bluff, MO. When she got married my sister-in-law was invited to the wedding! She also mentioned my hometown quite a bit in the show.

I love Julia Sugarbaker and Bad Lip Reading. I have seen that Bachmann one a lot of times but it still makes me laugh. :D

What's really interesting is that Dixie Carter herself was very politically conservative. Quite unlike her character.

What's really interesting is that Dixie Carter herself was very politically conservative. Quite unlike her character.

Don't say it...ignorance was such bliss.

I am a huge fan of BLR. The Obama one is hilarious, and the Michele Bachmann one makes me crack up when she says "Mama gets a little what-what." But I am also a fan of buffalaxed videos, my sense of humor gets pretty juvenile at times.

But she was a big supporter of the gay community

She was also married to Hal Holbrook, who identifies himself as an independent but had some VERY harsh things to say about the Republican party in an interview last year. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/culture ... aders.html

In an interview, she said that she and Linda Bloodworth-Thomason had a deal: For every time Julia had to go on a big liberal tear, Dixie got to sing on another episode.

Of course, the Republicans of the '80s were virtually centrist compared with those of today.

Archived