IGNORED

Is Zach pregnant?

Deleted07

Why oh why do he and Sarah feel the need to wear the same clothes?? It squicks me out.

If he is already getting fater before they are actually married, what will happen to his weight once Sarah starts having a kid each year?

BTW: they really have a LONG courtship compared what we already saw in fundieland!

This is just a function of the Fundie Diet. All of the Bates & Duggar children have this to look forward to once they grow up and their metabolism naturally slows down. You can't eat a steady diet of refined carbs drenched in processed cream of crap soup forever without having some serious health effects. The weight is just symptom #1. It will be followed a decade or two from now by problems like Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cancers, heart attacks and strokes.

It's really no surprise that the older ones now start looking that way.

Fundies and food is really an awkward thing. The Duggars and Bateses eat only crap, but they are also a lot of fundie and SAHD blogs out there that are all about good (organic) food with great recipes.

He looks more fit than Josh, but I bet he is used to doing more manual labor because of the tree business. Josh has pretty much been able to be lazy and sit in front of a computer all day for his entire life. I don't think Zach has had that same experience.

I don't understand the logic of bad diet leading to a fat Zach. JB and Michelle and Gil are not fat. All of the adult children are not fat (except Josh). I think a lack of quantity keeps that from happening, really. I read a story about a guy who has lived on candy his entire life, and is healthy and skinny. Not ideal, but you can't really discount quantity in the equation.

Here's another interesting thing: that booth used to be called the dating booth, presumably for Gil and Kelly to go on dates together away from their kids. I don't remember if it actually had a sign calling it that, or if it was just in a caption. But now that they have an officially courting kid, I bet they don't call it the dating booth anymore, since they think dating is so terrible.

Dating isn't terrible as long as you are married. You can (or a even supposed to) go on dates with your husband. And since courtship leads into marriage, Zach and Sarah are nearly married..

Both Sarah and Zach have always seemed prematurely old to me. Not that they look aged, per se, but they seem like they are a second away from morphing into a middle-aged Southern church couple. KWIM?

This is just a function of the Fundie Diet. All of the Bates & Duggar children have this to look forward to once they grow up and their metabolism naturally slows down. You can't eat a steady diet of refined carbs drenched in processed cream of crap soup forever without having some serious health effects. The weight is just symptom #1. It will be followed a decade or two from now by problems like Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cancers, heart attacks and strokes.

Just a note here- while diet can make type 2 diabetes worse, it's actually a genetic disease, and there is usually a family history. My grandma's family ate extremely healthy, and were very active and both her parents and herself and her sibling had it. It was pretty much diet controlled because they were in good health otherwise. One cousin has it too, and it's also diet controlled. Now if you're in bad health to begin with because of a poor diet, you can be a mess.

A nice young couple I know from church has an "All because two people fell in love" placard hanging in their baby twins' room. Of course, the nice young couple are lesbians, so that makes it even more special.

Re people's appearance: I tend not to go there. The OP would probably have a stroke if she ever visited my family, but we'd serve her a really nice home-cooked meal, including lots of vegetables, on real plates.

Ooh, for Smuggar?

Totally looks like he is preggo! :lol:

full-full-food-fat-smiley-emoticon-000646-facebook.gif

This smiley really made me laugh: Zach with his yellow t-shirt looks quite the same as the smiley!

I think he often looks sweaty with red cheeks and glossy forehead. Well I can relate to him since I'm a bit chubby myself and hot weather is not good for me... Like someone said, Zach does look like more fit than Josh, though. He has nice arms that have seen their share of hard work and he is not as flabby as Smuggar.

I'm still new to this blogging site, so bear with me, but has anyone seen the latest pic of the Bates Christmas pic (http://gilbatesfamily.com/files/2011/12/bates_810.jpg)? It looks like Zach isn't the only one who has gained weight.

ZOMG what horrid dresses. They look like mismatched Walmart fabric store castoffs. Ack.

FFS, can't these stupid fundies use REAL dishware? Fucking styrofoam plates? Really?! GAWD, I despise these people.

I can sort of understand the Bateses using styrofoam, but the Duggars with their industrial dishwasher could use real dishware.

Archived