IGNORED

Newt - 2012 - "Presidential Commission on Religious Freedom"

sage

It seems to me that the "Out" movement here in the USA has been gaining momentum, complete with people gaining the courage to come out as open atheists and Christians coming unhinged at the godless masses, which leads me to:

Today I was pointed in the direction of Newt Gingrich's "Presidential Commission on Religious Freedom", which can be found here: http://www.scribd dot com/fullscreen/76090650 (fair warning, it's 20 pages long). I was impressed and pleasantly surprised. For the first four paragraphs. As I continued to read, I found myself getting angry and hollering at my monitor: "The Handmaid's Tale is a cautionary tale, not a freaking manifesto, you jackhole!!!!"

I see politicians losing themselves to the mentality of the 1950's, when "Men were men and women knew their place!", HUAC, McCarthyism, jingoism, racism, misogyny, patriarchy, homophobia, etc. I was not alive then, and quite frankly, from my readings, I do NOT want to go back there!

I'm not sure exactly where I was heading with this except as a rant and a discussion topic, but I think I have to calm down a little. The thought of someone who thinks like this attaining POTUS and influencing SCOTUS scares the everloving crap out of me! :shock:

Going to move this to Snark as I think it's more appropriate there.

what they are really saying is to take other peoples freedoms away so they can do anything they want. They are trying to push their beliefs (not all religion of course) onto everyone else. that's not freedom idiots. They want to take religious freedom away and put theirs in it's place.

Not to disparage the individuals listed in that report, but any time a document demands action on the basis of a couple of dozen specific instances of something over a ten-year period - in a country of 300 million - you have to wonder what they couldn't have found examples for.

And this guy purports to be a Constitutional scholar? Give me a break. He's pandering to his base. And I do mean base.

I wrote a very well reasoned, intelligent and thoughtful response in regards to this twenty page treatise. However, the more I thought about it I thought the only really appropriate response is as I state below:

Fuck Newt and the horse he rode in on.

I wrote a very well reasoned, intelligent and thoughtful response in regards to this twenty page treatise. However, the more I thought about it I thought the only really appropriate response is as I state below:

+infinity

That poor horse. :(

Archived