IGNORED

My male fundie "friend"

FJismyheadship

My suspicion is that he enjoyed hugging you and that scared him. Maybe he then repented of his lustful thoughts and was given a dressing-down by his pastor, after which he passed all his angst on to you.

I really don’t think you should push his boundaries. You may think his religious views on hugging are kinda dumb, but he obviously takes them seriously.

Your probably "damaged goods" in his mind now because you were so loose with your 2 armed hug. Or...... you may be courting and not even know it! You don't need to know if your courting until you hit the alter.You are just a young maiden and your headship will plan all that so just go dream about babies. :)

Guest Anonymous

It sounds like he has the typical fundie hang-ups about any sort of contact with women.

That said, I think it is really important not to cross his boundaries. (And it sounds like you are being respectful by, for example, asking first before hugging him.) People have a right to place limits on how much physical contact with others they will tolerate, and those limits should be respected no matter how silly we think the underlying rationale for those limits may be. The principle of consent is obviously important for women, who are more likely to be victims of unwanted sexual touching, but that principle should be applied equally to men too.

Archived