IGNORED

Same song, second verse: all the fault of the Jews - Glenn Miller

teddybear

I think Jews have every right to be angry with Christians, after all we suppressed you since according to our New Testament.

This guy is the epitome of prejudice.

Why can't the Christians thank the Jews for something that we wouldn't be without; The God of Abraham. It is because of the Jews that we Christians came to know of the God of Adam and Eve. And we always forget the Jesus himself was a Jew.

Again, Jews have every right to be sore with us. We were the brutes not them.

Agreed. One of the best things in the Catholic Easter vigil liturgy is acknowledging the Jews as "our older brothers in the Lord.". (The sexist language? Not so much.)

Agreed. One of the best things in the Catholic Easter vigil liturgy is acknowledging the Jews as "our older brothers in the Lord.". (The sexist language? Not so much.)

Yeah but the easter liturgy.... at least they changed it from my parents days. Calling us faithless. They still pray for our conversion to Catholicism.... I know of at least 4 of my family members who are thinking of me specifically. I left Catholicism for Judaism, and they keep making comments like "you'll be back" . Uh no.

I did a little research on the guy. He's a "hillbilly, white supremacist." I doubt seriously if any normal main stream Christians (or anyone else for that matter) actually take him seriously. I'm probably pretty conservative compared to most on FJ and I've always been taught that racism is a sin. Don't judge all Christians on this racist hick.

I did a little research on the guy. He's a "hillbilly, white supremacist." I doubt seriously if any normal main stream Christians (or anyone else for that matter) actually take him seriously. I'm probably pretty conservative compared to most on FJ and I've always been taught that racism is a sin. Don't judge all Christians on this racist hick.

It's more than that. I'm not sure what he claims in the video, because I only watched a little of it, but I'm very familiar with Miller. For one, he is not a Christian, and holds Christians in almost as much contempt as he does Jews and other non-white races. He has no chance of getting elected, and probably knows that - the idea is to run so that radio stations are forced to air his ads. Even most hardcore racists dislike him because he testified in court against a group that many people in the White Nationalist movement consider heroes, saving his own ass while they were sentenced to prison for years. He also has at least one child which he does not support, since the mother is his ex-wife, who was Polynesian.

tl;dr - He's a joke, and had no chance of election because even most racist dislike him. The "running for office" thing is a ploy to get his drivel aired on the radio under the guide of being "political ads". He also hates Christians too, so this isn't religiously-motivated hate.

It's more than that. I'm not sure what he claims in the video, because I only watched a little of it, but I'm very familiar with Miller. For one, he is not a Christian, and holds Christians in almost as much contempt as he does Jews and other non-white races. He has no chance of getting elected, and probably knows that - the idea is to run so that radio stations are forced to air his ads. Even most hardcore racists dislike him because he testified in court against a group that many people in the White Nationalist movement consider heroes, saving his own ass while they were sentenced to prison for years. He also has at least one child which he does not support, since the mother is his ex-wife, who was Polynesian.

tl;dr - He's a joke, and had no chance of election because even most racist dislike him. The "running for office" thing is a ploy to get his drivel aired on the radio under the guide of being "political ads". He also hates Christians too, so this isn't religiously-motivated hate.

Well if he's not Christian than what is he? or does he, as Dawkins would describe it, believe in belief? as in he's a non-believer but thinks belief benefits society.

Well if he's not Christian than what is he? or does he, as Dawkins would describe it, believe in belief? as in he's a non-believer but thinks belief benefits society.

Sort of, but not in Christianity. He thinks Christianity is a "Jewish trick" to enslave white people by teaching them to be pacifist, rely on God, and honor a Jewish Messiah. He advocates that whites follow Odinism, but only a whites-only, racially motivated form of it, not the regular neo-pagan reconstructionist pagan type.

His views on religion are spelled out at whty.org/book/19.htm

I am aware he claimed to be a Christian as a Klansman in the 70s, and he may have been back then, but it was probably more to do with that being a membership requirement for the Klan and a way to promote his ideas in a way that people would identify with. In the past 10-20 years, he's definitely been anti-Christian, to the point of name-calling and insulting Christians and calling Jesus some pretty bad names.

(I was very close with some of his good friends, and the men who were his 2nd and 3rd in command back in the 80s, and all three are very anti-religion and used to refer to Jesus as a "Dead Jew on a stick").

Just a note - Odinism isn't considered neo-pagan, but reconstructionist pagan.

Thanks, fixed it. I couldn't think of the right term, but wanted to leave some kind of note so people know that what he describes is not what the vast majority of Odinists actually believe or practice.

Thanks for the clarification Raine. I tried to find out what religious affiliation he claims and I didn't see anything. He uses the term "mud people" which is a term I've heard the Christian identify movement use, but I don't know if he influenced by them or not.

The article I read did say that the radio stations are forced to play his ads because by law they cannot edit them. So the managers of the stations are really upset by this.

Yeah but the easter liturgy.... at least they changed it from my parents days. Calling us faithless. They still pray for our conversion to Catholicism.... I know of at least 4 of my family members who are thinking of me specifically. I left Catholicism for Judaism, and they keep making comments like "you'll be back" . Uh no.

Eh... You can't blame them (I'm talking about the liturgy here, not your family) We thank God for not making us like all other people and putting our lot in with theirs in the Aleinu every day and Orthos even go as far as to say that everybody else is bowing down to emptiness etc. My point being that Jewish liturgy is just as judgy as everybody else's.

I didn't watch the video, but anti-Semitism triggers me way too easily.

Eh... You can't blame them (I'm talking about the liturgy here, not your family) We thank God for not making us like all other people and putting our lot in with theirs in the Aleinu every day and Orthos even go as far as to say that everybody else is bowing down to emptiness etc. My point being that Jewish liturgy is just as judgy as everybody else's.

I didn't watch the video, but anti-Semitism triggers me way too easily.

I couldn't watch it either. :(

I dunno. I always took that part of the liturgy as, I dunno. (not the bowing to emptiness, I'm reform, we don't fly that way~ we have a LOT of mixed marriages at our shul and to have THAT in the liturgy would really alienate a LOT of families). We're not praying for them to be converted, just thanking G-d that we're different. It speaks to me because I was bullied a LOT in grade and high school, so being different, finding a faith that's all about "dude we're different and we rock because of it"... its just a personal thing for me that's comforting.

I couldn't watch it either. :(

I dunno. I always took that part of the liturgy as, I dunno. (not the bowing to emptiness, I'm reform, we don't fly that way~ we have a LOT of mixed marriages at our shul and to have THAT in the liturgy would really alienate a LOT of families). We're not praying for them to be converted, just thanking G-d that we're different. It speaks to me because I was bullied a LOT in grade and high school, so being different, finding a faith that's all about "dude we're different and we rock because of it"... its just a personal thing for me that's comforting.

Yeah, I suppose. I mean, that's my personal take on it, too. But my point is, even if you don't say it, there are parts of traditional Jewish liturgy that are judgy. Or that others might see as judgy. Not saying it isn't weird and offensive that the Catholics pray for our conversion.

Thanks for the clarification Raine. I tried to find out what religious affiliation he claims and I didn't see anything. He uses the term "mud people" which is a term I've heard the Christian identify movement use, but I don't know if he influenced by them or not.

He might also have been influenced by Matthew Hale's World Church of the Creator (which, despite using the term "church", does not even pretend to be Christian). I don't think there are too many adherents around anymore, now that Hale is in prison and probably won't be getting out anytime soon.

I didn't watch the video because I've got a terrible cold and am having a crappy enough day without listening to some mouth breather ramble on about how I'm part of a not-so-secret cabal that's ruling the world. Or whatever.

As far as the traditional Catholic liturgy goes, I don't love it, for obvious reasons, and do view it as condescending and mildly offensive, but I don't think it's inherently anti-Semitic or anything. I think it speaks to attitudes that have permeated the church in the past that have led to a lot of anti-Semitic behavior, but outside of certain traditionalist circles, I don't think that's the case amongst the majority of mainstream Catholics now. Every religion thinks it's the right one (because really, why bother having different religions, otherwise?); given that Christianity is a particularly evangelism-oriented faith, it doesn't really shock or horrify me that some people are praying for non-believers to "see the light" or whatever. I think in a lot of cases, though, it backfires; my disdain of evangelism was one of the major things that led me to abandon Christianity (and the lack of an impetus to proselytizing was something that attracted me to Judaism), and I doubt I'm alone in that.

If people want to pray for my conversion in their own churches, that's their business. If they start getting up in my face telling me I'm going to hell or something, though, it then becomes my business, and we have a problem.

He might also have been influenced by Matthew Hale's World Church of the Creator (which, despite using the term "church", does not even pretend to be Christian). I don't think there are too many adherents around anymore, now that Hale is in prison and probably won't be getting out anytime soon.

It's some of both. Miller ran with the Christin Identity crowd back in the 70s, and has close ties to at least one person who is/was very high ranking in the Church of the Creator (under the previous founder, before Hale took over, and with one of the groups trying to reorganize it now). I don't know that Miller ever had any affiliation with them, but he would agree with their beliefs from what I know of him. The "mud people" thing is pretty generic in the racist movement now though, not really confined just to CI or COTC.

It's some of both. Miller ran with the Christin Identity crowd back in the 70s, and has close ties to at least one person who is/was very high ranking in the Church of the Creator (under the previous founder, before Hale took over, and with one of the groups trying to reorganize it now). I don't know that Miller ever had any affiliation with them, but he would agree with their beliefs from what I know of him. The "mud people" thing is pretty generic in the racist movement now though, not really confined just to CI or COTC.

There was this old man who always worked out at the Y where I used to work out everyday. Then one day there was an article in the paper about the Christian Identity movement and there was a picture of this man and an interview with him. That was the first time I had ever encountered someone with these kinds of beliefs. He used the term "mud people." As a Christian who attended a fairly conservative church with a growing African-American attendance I was apalled. One of the African-American ladies said that the reason she attended our church was because it was the only white church she had ever felt comfortable in, but she didn't want to attend a black church because she felt like God was moving her to fellowship with all kinds of people. I loved the fact that even though the church was comprised of mainly elderly people everyone welcomed her and the rest of the black families that came with open arms.

Archived