IGNORED

LoraLynn, you make me sick....

Guest purposing

Guest Anonymous

Vitafamiliae had a super dooper Thanksgiving and took the opportunity to teach Miracle a lesson in gratitude on the way home from the celebrations:

Because this is Real Life, on the drive home, Mira revealed that she hasn’t quite made it past her car seat panic attacks on road trips. It took awhile, but eventually, I could tell she actually heard me when I repeated, “Mommy and Daddy love you. You are safe in your car seat. We will get you out when we are home.â€

One more inch of progress we could give thanks for that evening.

Praise the Lord, after ignoring your 1 year old's panic attack on the journey home, your little adopted babe finally gave up the ghost of an idea that her mother would listen to her cries. No empathy, no journey breaks, no attempt to understand her. Well done, LL, really well done.

Today, my medicine was making me fairly miserable during rest time. Andrew had taken Sam to art class and I didn’t want to be alone in my room. So I called Ian and Adam to come snuggle with me. I admit, I let them watch my TV, but still, they very sweetly sat right beside me. Ian held my cell phone tightly in his hand because I showed him how to dial Andrew if I needed him to. He took his responsibility seriously.

They will probably never know how much they comforted their Mama in her moment of silliness.

Happily for you, your two young boys are blessed with more empathy in their little fingernails than you have in your whole being. :(

http://www.vitafamiliae.com/?p=4351#comments

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Her more recent posts are telling too.

They have decided they will not be giving gifts to the children again this year, so they understand that it is Jesus's birthday, not theirs.....

But in other news, LL has put up a list of the gifts she is treating herself to, just for being pregnant, including bags of peppermint candy and various hand made soaps and tiny jars of lotion at $10 a jar....

Honestly, a lot of people are not very understanding of panic attacks and fears. I doubt the infant had a full blown panic attack, but children can have them. I did as a child and only when I was older did I realize that was what I had experienced. Panic attacks are horrendous and especially so for a young child because you feel like you are going crazy, out of control, sick, fight or flight response, can't breathe, heart racing, feeling that you are dying. It's not silly at all. It's downright terrifying, even for an adult. Even if a fear seems "silly" to you, it is not to the person experiencing the panic attack. It is very real. Helping the person get their mind on something else and getting them to take deep breaths and such is better than admonishing them for their "silly" fear. A little compassion can go a long way.

LL, I know you read here, and you suck as a parent, human, and Christian. You are one of the most selfish people around. You don't deserve children. You don't even deserve a pet snake.

Seeing nothing beside yourself might be ok if you're living alone or with a partner who is after all a grown up, but she decided to bring children into the world/adopt, so she should own it up and put them before herself.

Guest Anonymous
Honestly, a lot of people are not very understanding of panic attacks and fears. I doubt the infant had a full blown panic attack, but children can have them. I did as a child and only when I was older did I realize that was what I had experienced. Panic attacks are horrendous and especially so for a young child because you feel like you are going crazy, out of control, sick, fight or flight response, can't breathe, heart racing, feeling that you are dying. It's not silly at all. It's downright terrifying, even for an adult. Even if a fear seems "silly" to you, it is not to the person experiencing the panic attack. It is very real. Helping the person get their mind on something else and getting them to take deep breaths and such is better than admonishing them for their "silly" fear. A little compassion can go a long way.

This is a baby that LL's family adopted from overseas. The panic attacks are not a new thing and they seem to be quite severe, from previous blog entries. She is one year old and LL has not made any effort to understand the panic attacks (or many other aspects of the child's life). If a random stranger in a supermarket was unsympathetic to another child's panic attack, I might give them a pass but a mother who bought the child from its birth mother in another country should get a f*cking clue about how to raise her.

You don't even deserve a pet snake.

Which is good because reptiles in general require a lot of care and compassion to keep them healthy in a captive environment. You have to anticipate their needs because they communicate quite differently than humans. Honestly, I'd much rather spend my days in the company of a snake than LL.

They have decided they will not be giving gifts to the children again this year, so they understand that it is Jesus's birthday, not theirs.....

But in other news, LL has put up a list of the gifts she is treating herself to, just for being pregnant, including bags of peppermint candy and various hand made soaps and tiny jars of lotion at $10 a jar....

I feel sorry for her children. :cry:

:shock:

Her Pinterest boards are full of luxuries that she covets.... http://pinterest.com/vitafamiliae/things-i-covet/

Nothing inherently wrong there... but for the way she treats her children.

I don't doubt that she will get the things she covets, regardless of what her children are or aren't ever allowed to have. She has all the most up to date gadgets and toys and I don't see that changing any time soon. Only the best for her, the only woman ever to have a bunch of kids.

LL blogged previously about how Mira would be so "angry" in her car seat that she would vomit. They viewed it as an "anger" issue that needed to be disciplined away. I commented that perhaps the fact that their adopted daughter had never been in a car seat, let alone a moving vehicle and that could be very scary for a child and they should perhaps be more compassionate in their treatment of her in the car. She blocked me from the site. So, that pretty much confirmed my opinion that she's a mean-hearted, selfish bitch.

As many here know I hate ll with a fire deep in my soul. She is a terrible shitty parent and her kids deserve better.

And hi shitty family who lurks? I hope you feel guilty when we point out your massive failings.

Normally, I'm not a big fan of bringing small children (esp. babies/toddlers) in to be seen about behavior. As someone who works in early childhood development (specifically cognitive and speech/language pathology), I know that children outgrow most issues on their own and that treating a child prior to school age is very difficult. However, small children are also designed to be flexible and adaptable. A reaction this extreme indicates that there is most likely something very serious going on with that child. A mother with the maternal instinct the size of a pea would naturally overcome this by spending time with the child in the car seat (perhaps while the car is not running at first) sitting next to the child to reassure her and make her feel safe. I have known mothers who also had children who hated car seats. Whenever possible, instead of riding in the front seat, they rode next to the child. While this can take a while, with time and reassurance, the problem should abate. If not, it's possible the child is reacting to physical discomfort such as extreme motion sickness, and perhaps should be seen by a doctor.

Like I said, for small children, basic parenting skills and basic human compassion go a long way in aiding behavior. Since this lady obviously has neither, she should bring her child in to be seen...so that someone can show her the PROPER way to treat her children.

By the way, I am a huge fan of ignoring toddlers in tantrums. When I speak out against you for doing it, it's because you're an idiot and you're doing it wrong.

I don't doubt that she will get the things she covets, regardless of what her children are or aren't ever allowed to have. She has all the most up to date gadgets and toys and I don't see that changing any time soon. Only the best for her, the only woman ever to have a bunch of kids.

I agree with fundiefan, for a SAHM LL has "only the best" in terms of fun toys. I remember there was a pic of all of the bitty Sanders kids around LL's Ipad with a caption like "Aunts bring the best toys!" To be honest, I don't know what her husband does but even if he made a pretty penny, she doesn't work and they appear to live in a nice, big house with nice computers and all that other good stuff. I wonder how they do it?

As many here know I hate ll with a fire deep in my soul. She is a terrible shitty parent and her kids deserve better.

And hi shitty family who lurks? I hope you feel guilty when we point out your massive failings.

:text-+1:

I agree with fundiefan, for a SAHM LL has "only the best" in terms of fun toys. I remember there was a pic of all of the bitty Sanders kids around LL's Ipad with a caption like "Aunts bring the best toys!" To be honest, I don't know what her husband does but even if he made a pretty penny, she doesn't work and they appear to live in a nice, big house with nice computers and all that other good stuff. I wonder how they do it?

Well I guess, when you do fuck all for your kids, there's lots of money to buy yourself shit.

Guest Anonymous

Wow, I am sorry if I am re-hashing old news, but I have been looking back on the old posts about Miracle's adoption and am horrified.

For starters, one of LL's first comments when she sees the first picture of Miracle is:

(Have mercy, are we ever gonna have some hair issues on our hands or WHAT?)

http://www.vitafamiliae.com/?p=3503

And then the lovely braids don't ever seem to be seen after they pick her up. Did they cut them off, to save the bother? She does go on about how troublesome Miracle's hair is throughout the blog, though she seems to spend a lot of time (and products) on her own long curls.

Months and months after she has been 'home', they have a medieval party where everyone in the family is in elaborate home-made costume... except

meanwhile, Mira, who didn’t have a costume, bless her, managed to get ahold of other folks’ accessories and look pretty medieval.

The adults dressed in fancy dress but left out the BABY, for fuck's sake.

Don't bless her, LL: get her a costume, you bitch.

http://www.vitafamiliae.com/?cat=27

Wow, I am sorry if I am re-hashing old news, but I have been looking back on the old posts about Miracle's adoption and am horrified.

For starters, one of LL's first comments when she sees the first picture of Miracle is:

And then the lovely braids don't ever seem to be seen after they pick her up. Did they cut them off, to save the bother? She does go on about how troublesome Miracle's hair is throughout the blog, though she seems to spend a lot of time (and products) on her own long curls.

Months and months after she has been 'home', they have a medieval party where everyone in the family is in elaborate home-made costume... except

Ugh! The other little girls in the family had princess dresses. They could have bought Mira a princess dress, too!

I don't think they are a terrible family or anything, but I think Mira would be able to grow and flourish a lot more in a family without SIX other children.

Lol. Those baby braids were extensions: fake hair.

Archived