IGNORED

so proud of my son - gay marriage

erikamor

Yesterday I mentioned to my husband that gay marriage is now legal in New York. My 10 year old joined the discussion and was completly shocked to learn that it wasn't legal untill now, and that in most places it's still not. His response was "well, thats just stupid. If people are in love they should get married." It just nice to be reminded that children can learn tolerance not just the hate that some people spew.

you should give yourself a pat on the back too - your son's values are probably due to the values you have taught him :clap:

you should give yourself a pat on the back too - your son's values are probably due to the values you have taught him :clap:

Yep. Children learn from their environments. Any kids who spew hate about homosexuality (i.e. Zuzu's kids) learned it from their parents. And kids who grow up tolerant also learn it from their parents.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Big hugs to your son!

My four year old niece said today "Boys can wear anything girls wear if they like to"... :D

Your little guy totally rocks! What a thoughtful young man. Kudos for great parenting.

Archived