IGNORED

Modest Apparel USA

xDreamerx

All that stuff looks like its from Goodwill. Is is supposed to be new? Who would pay money for any of it? Nice $3 shoulder pads, you can rip those out of an old shirt for free. :whistle:

Oh good lord, that stuff is ugly.

Did you check out the culottes page?? They have gym culottes with this disclaimer: "(*please note: the red dazzle is a little thinner than we would like so you may want to wear a culotte slip underneath)"

Can you imagine trying to play sports while wearing a slip under your shorts???? Ick!!

They also have pink camoflauge culottes...can't even imagine when/where those would be appropriate.

Yuck. And I feel bad for the poor women who go through life believing they need to wear this crap to be a good person. Ugly, bad quality clothes will not get you any closer to the god you believe in.

They're expensive, considering they look like ugly. Imagine the cost of buying for 10 daughters plus a wife! No wonder so many fundies make their own.

LOL at "Modest School Uniform jumper-Ladies/Adult".

A. I'm betting that most of the customers homeschool their kids, and

B. Why would an adult want to wear a "School Uniform Jumper"?

As for the other stuff on the site, Im all for people wanting to dress modestly, but you don't have to look like a sack of potatoes.

PS. I stopped wearing slips in sixth grade, after the kids in school made fun of mine showing underneath my school uniform. I'm permanently scarred for life!

Okay, the shirts aren't so bad, and they're not really overpriced, at least compared to shirts sold by more mainstream stores.

Everything else, though: wtf. Seriously, I could buy any of that for like $2 at Goodwill.

LOL at "Modest School Uniform jumper-Ladies/Adult".

A. I'm betting that most of the customers homeschool their kids, and

B. Why would an adult want to wear a "School Uniform Jumper"?

As for the other stuff on the site, Im all for people wanting to dress modestly, but you don't have to look like a sack of potatoes.

PS. I stopped wearing slips in sixth grade, after the kids in school made fun of mine showing underneath my school uniform. I'm permanently scarred for life!

I think the "adult" school uniform stuff is actually for teenagers. Why fundies won't simply make junior-sized clothing is beyond me. Even if it is frumpy, adult clothes will NOT fit a teenager properly, and neither will children's clothes.

Did you guys notice that in almost every single picture the models are wearing sandals?

I know Jesus wore sandals and all so I guess that makes it holy, but he never said anything about culottes.

Ya know, I manage to look stylish while still wearing calf length skirts - it can be done!

I didn't even have to resort to shoulder pads ;)

(think the photos that annalena just linked, except with longer skirts)

I would think it would be a little more modest to wear things that are a little less ugly. It's super easy to be modest and stylish. If you're wearing hideous things like are on that site you are just going to stick out from a crowd more because people will stare at you in a WTF are you wearing way. And that's not modest.

I'm a little confused. Perhaps someone here can explain to me WHY THE HELL ANYONE WOULD WANT SHOULDER PADS!!!???!!!???!!!??? They are SOOO UGLY!

The Modest School Uniform reminds me of a creepy Cosplay costume :?

I'm so glad i'm not the only one that had that thought...

Oh good lord, that stuff is ugly.

Did you check out the culottes page?? They have gym culottes with this disclaimer: "(*please note: the red dazzle is a little thinner than we would like so you may want to wear a culotte slip underneath)"

Can you imagine trying to play sports while wearing a slip under your shorts???? Ick!!

They also have pink camoflauge culottes...can't even imagine when/where those would be appropriate.

Most of those culottes wouldn't have even passed check at the churches I attended. Gotta have the box pleat in front and back.

I'm always so confused by complaints that it's difficult to find ~modest apparel~ in this heathen world. Lots of popular chain shops I can think of have shitloads of modest options. Anthropologie, Gap, H&M. Sure, you may have to look at tight cut-out bodycon dresses while you shop, but there's a lot of drapey shit out there right now.

There is such a thing as a polyester maternity culotte slip. Holeeee shit.

And don't they know shoulder pads were invented by the EEEVIL feminists to make women's delicate shoulders look more manly? Next stop lesbianism.

Archived