IGNORED

Has Any One Else Been a Witness for an Annulment (RCC)?

Prek teach

I have a Church annulment. It's a myth that it is very costly to go through the process. My fees totaled $350. And had I not been able to afford the fee I could have applied for a hardship and paid less, or paid nothing.

PreKteach: just answer to the best of your ability. If you don't have knowledge about a particular question say that.

\

I think the cost varies from diocese to diocese, and also depends on the type of marriage they are annulling. DH's first marriage was annulled for around $350 also, but it was a case of privilege (Pauline or Petrine, I could never remember). He had not been married in the RCC the first time; no children were born of that marriage; AND his wife was a Nazarene or one of those denominations where you don't get baptized till the spirit moves. the sirit never moved her, so she had never been baptized, and that's a pretty easy annulment. We still had to have witnesses do paperwork, but it wasn't too tough.

OTOH, my sister-in-law and her husband would have had to pay I think $900 to annul his first marriage. It's a totally different diocese, but the first marriage itself was a bit different because he had been married in the RCC to a baptized woman, though they hadn't any kids.

My opinion: the church will charge what the market will bear, regardless of any supposedly biblical grounds or lack thereof.

ed: double post, spelling errors, you name it

I was a witness for an annulment in Alaska. The questionnaire basically looked for any reasons to infer that the marriage vows had not been made with a whole heart or full understanding.

Back in the way back daze I married 1xman in the RCC. Unbeknownst to me my father gave the monsignor 3k to pay for an annulment in advance. :lol: I never pursued the annulment but was happy with a civil divorce. The divorce was one of the numerous times my parents 'disowned' me. :roll:

Back in the way back daze I married 1xman in the RCC. Unbeknownst to me my father gave the monsignor 3k to pay for an annulment in advance. :lol: I never pursued the annulment but was happy with a civil divorce. The divorce was one of the numerous times my parents 'disowned' me. :roll:

What the hell? He paid for the annulment in ADVANCE? geez.

What the hell? He paid for the annulment in ADVANCE? geez.

Very corrupt RC church. The monsignor took frequent cruises with his housekeeper. One year she vanished for a bit and came back with a child named after him. That son now heads his former parish.

Archived