IGNORED

When QF/P mothers of many hit menopause

AnnoDomini

Oh man - Michelle is probably in for a really hard time. Personally, I am looking forward to not getting periods anymore, but I am not trying to get pregnant and just want them gone. For her, her ENTIRE identity is bound up in being pregnant. Not in nurturing the ones born, but in being the producer, a goddess-like figure, God bringing forth more humanity THROUGH HER! She is probably going to be so depressed when it happens :( Maybe she does like the attention, but I think more it's that pregnancy isn't only her purpose, but a grand purpose, her body working with God, literally being God's physical instrument - and then suddenly, it's over. How would she have any inner resources to adjust? She hasn't had any other experience except as a young woman on birth control, which she now sees as an evil time.

Yeah about Joy - she is someone who may make it out. She just gives off this vibe of simply not being able to adjust, like she has hit the ceiling of her ability to be what this lifestyle expects of her, and it's going to force her to break free at some point. But unfortunately the only route for the girls is to "run away" to be an adult runaway. Which I can see Joy doing - and hopefully Josiah, too.

Archived