IGNORED

New Pearl reviews on Amazon

thoughtful

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This drove me to the point of joining FJ.

It makes me so, so sick that they sell this book. I'm a Prime member and I've spent a lot of money with Amazon in the last five years (probably in the thousands thanks to textbooks), and as of this morning I almost spent another $150. Instead, I decided to write them a little email about how I won't be shopping Amazon until they remove this crap and made sure to point out that they would be losing way more money with me leaving than they would for the majority of those people who haven't even purchased that book from Amazon, let alone anything else.

I really hope that those of you who shop any amount on Amazon will join me in at least writing them. I don't think they're monitoring comments (clearly from some of the crazy I've read) but sending them an email will get the point across.

This drove me to the point of joining FJ.

It makes me so, so sick that they sell this book. I'm a Prime member and I've spent a lot of money with Amazon in the last five years (probably in the thousands thanks to textbooks), and as of this morning I almost spent another $150. Instead, I decided to write them a little email about how I won't be shopping Amazon until they remove this crap and made sure to point out that they would be losing way more money with me leaving than they would for the majority of those people who haven't even purchased that book from Amazon, let alone anything else.

I really hope that those of you who shop any amount on Amazon will join me in at least writing them. I don't think they're monitoring comments (clearly from some of the crazy I've read) but sending them an email will get the point across.

Me too!

My god, who gets so worked up about their right to be emotionally manipulated into physically abusing their children that they make a fake Amazon account?

I'm proud that my first acts as an official FJian were to vote down all these BS reviews and email Amazon reminding them exactly how much money I spend with them and how disgusted I am by their willingness to sell a child abuse manual.

I doubt it'll stay up for long, but I posted this on their Facebook page

Anyone who would advocate using a rod to hit children is disgusting. One of the most disturbing things in your book is how you advocated letting children burn themselves without trying to stop them, or how, when your daughter didn't fall into a pond, you pushed her in. You are horrible human beings and i hope that God will punish you for teaching other people to be like you.

I doubt it'll stay up for long, but I posted this on their Facebook page

Anyone who would advocate using a rod to hit children is disgusting. One of the most disturbing things in your book is how you advocated letting children burn themselves without trying to stop them, or how, when your daughter didn't fall into a pond, you pushed her in. You are horrible human beings and i hope that God will punish you for teaching other people to be like you.

Thank you!

And I'll state again, if you did what the Pearls recommend to a non-consenting adult, it is the crime of assault and battery. Let's not mince words. I personally wish the Pearls would travel to Europe or Australia and get arrested for their child abuse manual.

Personally, I think every FJ member who has a FB account should start spamming NGJ wall with things like that. At least it'll drive them insane.

Since my son and his friends are outside roasting hotdogs for lunch during their daytime campout (don't ask - they're 10 and have the day off from school) I'll go do my amazon part while watching to make certain they don't burn themselves or the house down.

Also, is it possible to comment on the NGJ facebook wall without being friends with them? I've no desire to be connected to those fools

Just did another 15 pages of rating reviews & comments.

Also did a review of my own wherein I hereby confess that I plagiarized Mirele by adding her comment about assault & battery and the Matthew 18:6 quotation.

[thanks, Mirele ;) ]

Sent in my negative review and spent a little time rating reviews. Unbelievable how many people think beating on infants is "Godly".

All this Pearl bullshit has inspired me to keep up with my blogging series on the Pearls. But it daunts me, I can't go through their bile for too long or I start feeling physically ill.

And now I'm off to Amazon to thumbs-down this horrid book.

all three of the "editorial reviews" are from NGJ.

I wonder if that's something that can be called to Amazon's attention.

It was very heartening to come home from my aunt's funeral yesterday, and see more "not helpful" ratings on the five-star reviews, and comments, some of which I figure came from FJers. Thank you all.

The Pearls' leg-humpers are still at it, though.

Just sickening.

I posted a negative review right after the latest death, but it didnt post immediately. Ill go check to see if it eventually went through.

Edit: Nope didn't post. Strange.

I posted a negative review right after the latest death, but it didnt post immediately. Ill go check to see if it eventually went through.

Edit: Nope didn't post. Strange.

My review took forever to post (I did it quite a while ago). I got a form email telling me it could not be posted. I kept editing and re-sending, and kept getting the same email.

I answered it a few times, asking for someone to tell me what the problem was. No answer. A few days later, my review suddenly appeared, in the original, unedited form!

No logic to it at all, as far as I could tell.

Oh, and I tried to edit it since, the edits won't go through, and I get that same email!

Weird. I wonder what the problem was?

I blame technology. I don't think it was anything about my review, or anything done by a real human -- just a hiccup.

I've just posted mine. It's titled 'If this were To Train Up a Dog..'

I've also rated lots of reviews too.

I am the one who was obsessed with the online reviews and who kept checkung. Now I am sad to say that with 500 five star reviews applauding torture and child abuse' the review process is rendered meaningless. I already left my review. Maybe as one pposter said the heat is on and it does not matter because the plea is an act of desperation. My ex wrote a terrible book that did not sell but it has three five star reviews from his relatives. Let Pearl have his fake five stars as long as Amazon stops selling the book.

I did notice some people who gave 5 stars but wrote scathing reviews. I see the logic there, but that's just giving a boost to the overall average.

I am the one who was obsessed with the online reviews and who kept checkung. Now I am sad to say that with 500 five star reviews applauding torture and child abuse' the review process is rendered meaningless. I already left my review. Maybe as one pposter said the heat is on and it does not matter because the plea is an act of desperation.

I knew I got the idea of checking them almost daily from here -- had forgotten from whom. Thanks, t0r0sebud1 -- I hope we've done some good.

Perhaps this influx of support is, in fact, a last gasp before this nonsense really gets exposed and Pearl is infamous with the general public, instead of just being famous in his tiny niche.

If Pearl actually understood behaviorism as well as he claims, he might see it as an "extinction burst!" ;)

My review took forever to publish too (par for the course on Amazon; some show up quickly and others take a long time). I'm doing my part with rating the reviews too, along with sending emails. We have to keep up the good fight.

I do it for Babywise too. Hate that book with a fucking passion. I get just as worked up about infant neglect as I do abuse.

I do it for Babywise, as well. I should probably start in on Dobson.

For those posting comments, after the reviews or in the discussions, we do need to be careful.

A few weeks ago, someone who posted as (I think) Lisa and Jerry posted repeatedly about one of the deaths. But, since the posts were C&P of the same text, Amazon deleted them all as spam.

Hate to see our efforts suffer that fate, so I've been typing out my thoughts each time I post, other than actual quotes from the book.

I noticed that there is someone who starts and ends with individual thoughts addressing the review, with the same or similar content in the middle. So far, that has passed by Amazon OK, so that seems to be working.

I have no idea if someone who knows nothing of the controversy and is browsing reviews for a good book on raising children would be swayed by their praise or our condemnation (although I hope we have an impact).

I just need to do this for my own heart.

Archived