IGNORED

Trump 63: Fani Makes It Four (Indictments)

GreyhoundFan

And BOOM! Actions have consequences. Finally.

Judge Gags Trump After Ex-President Attacks His Law Clerk

A New York judge gagged former President Donald Trump on Tuesday, after he attacked his clerk by name and shared her image on social media.

“Personal attacks on members on my court staff are unacceptable, inappropriate, and I won't tolerate it [in my courtroom],” said Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron.

He added later to "consider this a gag order for all parties from posting about any members of my staff."

Shortly before the lunch recess, Trump circulated a false rumor about Engoron’s clerk, which traces its origins to a now-shuttered satirical website.

“Schumer’s girlfriend, Alison R. Greenfield, is running this case against me. How disgraceful! This case should be dismissed immediately!!” Trump posted on his Truth Social platform, along with a picture of the clerk and Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y. The post was later deleted.

While the trial took an early afternoon break, Trump and New York Attorney General Letitia James moved in and out of court multiple times for private conferences with the judge. The first of these conferences had no stenographer memorializing the conversations. The former president, his son Eric Trump, and his lawyers Christopher Kise and Alina Habba were seen entering and exiting the courthouse repeatedly over the recess.

Asked by a reporter if he would return, Trump responded: “We’re coming back.”

Trump has a history of attacking prosecutors and judges on social media, but now he is vilifying the assistant to a judge who threatens his New York business empire. Greenfield is an active participant in Engoron’s hearings, and the judge routinely hands over questioning of the lawyers to her. 

After the former president attacked New York District Attorney Alvin Bragg, the DA was mailed a death threat in an envelope with white powder. 

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan, the jurist presiding over Trump’s election-obstruction case in Washington, D.C., also received a death threat after the former president attacked her. 

“IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!” Trump wrote in an all-caps post on Truth Social shortly after he was indicted on four federal felony counts in Washington, D.C. over alleged efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election. 

In a brief on Friday in the D.C. case, Special Counsel Jack Smith’s office cited the incendiary language in Trump’s social media posts as reason to impose a “narrow” gag order governing the former president’s communications about the case. 

"No other criminal defendant would be permitted to issue public statements insinuating that a known witness in his case should be executed; this defendant should not be, either," Smith's prosecutors wrote in their latest 22-page reply brief aimed at stopping Trump from attacking government witnesses in his election-obstruction case.

In the D.C. case, U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan is expected to rule on Smith's motion after an Oct. 16 hearing. Trump has pleaded not guilty in the federal case in Washington D.C., which is scheduled to go to trial beginning March 4.

Violation of the gag order could land him in jail for 30 days.

• Upvote 10

18 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Violation of the gag order could land him in jail for 30 days.

It's about time he got gagged.  Hope this inspires some of the other judges on his cases.

• I Agree 10

Lol, he deleted the post on the judge's orders.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Aha, so this is why he attacked this clerk specifically...

• Thank You 6

From what I heard, they found some photo of Schumer and the clerk was in the photo.  From that, Donny decided to call her Schumer's girlfriend.  Boy howdy, that backfired!

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

It's about time he got gagged.  Hope this inspires some of the other judges on his cases.

I'm full of suggestions on the kinds of ball gags and muzzles too that they should use with fuck face.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I wonder how Donald will take McCarthy's ouster.  It can't have made him happy that it knocked him off the front page.  You can't fundraise off your fraud trial if they're not giving it much coverage.

If Steve Scalise is up next, will he go down and bow to the king?  After all, Donald still needs that Republican money to help pay the lawyers.  What if the next speaker isn't as pliant as McCarthy?

• Upvote 6

Donald is back for his next day of the trial.  He's still angry.  I know.  Shocker.

Spoiler

Screenshot(16110).png.ac1bc74aafc0d35a2a501e0a413a18a3.png

I have to admit that I was not aware that punishing people for breaking the law was the start of communism.  And he really needs to stop talking about not having a jury.  He and his lawyer planned it that way.  It's easier to attack a judge than to go after an entire jury.

• Upvote 11

21 minutes ago, Xan said:

Donald is back for his next day of the trial.  He's still angry.  I know.  Shocker.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot(16110).png.ac1bc74aafc0d35a2a501e0a413a18a3.png

I have to admit that I was not aware that punishing people for breaking the law was the start of communism.  And he really needs to stop talking about not having a jury.  He and his lawyer planned it that way.  It's easier to attack a judge than to go after an entire jury.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Judge Engoron immediately confronted Trump with this transgression of the gag order that was laid upon him only yesterday? 

Correction: the gag order is apparently limited to judicial staff. Pity.

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

What an apt description of TFG:

Continued here:

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic