IMG_2980.thumb.jpeg.511d8381dae71ed06c49892baf90b5e4.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

image.png.d512cf13ad3efd727e7748a2b2d6b696.png

"Dependsable Legal Help"

Elon Musk has made it so the majority of tweets I see are from right-wing goons like Lauren Boebert, Jim Jordan, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and Dinesh D’Souza, among others. Most of these tweets are pure grade-A bullshit.

For example, D’Souza tweeted a link to The Conservative Brief, a right-wing propaganda outlet for goons that doesn’t actually produce any original content. The story he linked to claimed that the felony case against Donald Trump has been “adjourned.” This is a total lie. After all, Dinesh is a lying piece of shit and a felon who was pardoned by Trump. But why does he lie like this? What does he get out of it?

What he gets out of it is that a lot of people will read and believe it. I know this from talking to MAGAts at two Trump indictments with every single one of them believing Trump won the 2020 election with many citing the debunked propaganda film 2000 Mules. But, a lot of people will see a headline like the one from the Conservative Brief, and others from the likes of Breitbart, the Daily Caller, Infowars, etc, and even know they’re reading fake news. Sites like The Conservative Brief exist, not so much to provide news or even make a profit, but to replace our democracy with a fascist state. It’s why the outlet pays for its content to be spread across Facebook, not by purchasing Facebook ads but by paying goons to share their links in direct violation of Facebook policy.

Tonight on my train trip home, I am once again stranded on the tracks. On my way to Florida, a car attempted to beat the train at a crossing and lost which delayed us for about four hours (nobody was hurt). And tonight, somewhere in South Carolina, a tree fell down on the tracks and for some reason, it’s taking hours for Amtrak to have it removed. At least that’s the story they’re telling us today. I did need to draw a second cartoon to meet Friday’s deadline, so I went to the dining car to do just that and that’s where I met two Trump supporters.

These guys don’t seem to be die-hard Trumpers, with one saying he voted for “Barack” and then Trump, and he really hates Biden. And the younger guy, who’s just a kid maybe in his early 20, told me President Biden has been diagnosed with dementia.

When I travel like this, I’m not looking to debate MAGAts. You really don’t want to start a screaming match with people who are already in a foul mood during a seven-hour train delay. Politics only came up because a worker from Amtrak looked over my shoulder and howled laughing at this cartoon. And I was letting those guys express their opinions without any challenges from me. I’m not in the mood for it. But, while I’ll let stupid ass opinions fly freely, I won’t stand for disinformation.

When that kid said Biden had been diagnosed with dementia, I had to ask where he got that information. His explanation was that it was on a news site he read months ago but he can’t remember which one. I don’t doubt he read that on the internet but it’s not doubt I have that it was on a legitimate news site. I know it wasn’t. And that’s where I stopped the kid cold.

I told him he can have his opinions but I can’t stand by and not push back against disinformation. This young man honestly believed President Biden was diagnosed with dementia and it leaked out of the White House. I’m sure he doesn’t have any interest in learning how to differentiate between actual news and bullshit, but he wouldn’t know how if he did. And there are millions of him.

He’s not the type to stand outside a Miami courthouse defending Donald Trump from indictments in 95-degree weather, but he’s the type to swallow the Kool-Aid without asking any questions.

That may not have anything to do with this cartoon but it’s what I wanted to write about. Also, I’m stranded on a train in rural South Carolina, I’m tired, the WiFi is shitty, and I’m going to arrive home very late only to be greeted by the pressure of an impending CNN deadline. Leave me alone.

On other news, Donald Trump can’t find a half-assed decent lawyer because of his history of not paying his lawyers while also making them co-conspirators, a lot of riders on trains are obnoxious inconsiderate fuckturds who insist on talking through their speaker phones for the entire trip, and Amtrak and their employees treat their customers like cattle.

Amtrak just offered me a $100 voucher but I told them I would much rather have a full refund. I’m waiting to hear back on that one.

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic