IGNORED

Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard

So says the rumor mill.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

She definitely has a she shed with a TV. James posted a picture of a few of the bros "visiting" her. There are a couple other rooms off the main living room, but they weren't shown. Kitchen? Bedroom? Who knows?

• Upvote 5

Yeh, I wondered about this too as I hadn’t heard the rumor. I bet JB goes over for coffee time every day.

• Haha 2

Let’s see, Jana is 33, maybe by the time she’s 40, she’ll get to move off the property. I didn't think any father could be as controlling as S. Maxwell, but…

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 3

To move outside the property she would need to get a job first to be able to support herself. Living in her own tiny house rent free and with daddy paying for all her expenses doesnt sound that bad, no wonder she is not in a rush to marry.

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, llucie said:

To move outside the property she would need to get a job first to be able to support herself. Living in her own tiny house rent free and with daddy paying for all her expenses doesn’t sound that bad, no wonder she is not in a rush to marry.

Her brothers have homes and kids and are no more employable than Jana. JB could make her a property manager. Not having jobs has not stopped anyone named Duggar. Heck, Josh has had homes and 7 kids and has been virtually unemployed (beyond the short DC gig and his car lot of doom) since 2008.

• Upvote 20

2 hours ago, llucie said:

To move outside the property she would need to get a job first to be able to support herself. Living in her own tiny house rent free and with daddy paying for all her expenses doesnt sound that bad, no wonder she is not in a rush to marry.

He should have paid her for 

1) raising her siblings and 

2) appearing on the show. 

If he had, she would have enough money to move out. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 16

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He should have paid her for 

1) raising her siblings and 

2) appearing on the show. 

If he had, she would have enough money to move out. 

Over the last decade there has been a lot of buzz in evangelical and conservative Christian circles over "trafficking." Yet, many of these families come perilously close to meeting the legal standard for labor trafficking.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Just now, noseybutt said:

Over the last decade there has been a lot of buzz in evangelical and conservative Christian circles over "trafficking." Yet, many of these families come perilously close to meeting the legal standard for labor trafficking.

Jana has worked so very many hours in her lifetime. And she hasn’t been paid for it. That is actually what traffickers do. They make you reliant on them. And unfortunately Jana is still reliant on JB. 

• Upvote 26

It’s hard to believe that Jana has been a legal adult since 2008. She’s done so much for her parents. And 15 years into adulthood, she gets a tiny house in the yard 

• Upvote 20

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s hard to believe that Jana has been a legal adult since 2008. She’s done so much for her parents. And 15 years into adulthood, she gets a tiny house in the yard 

All true. My youngest is 8 months younger than Jana and has been making independent life decisions for a decade+

BUT, I’d rather have Jana’s life than Kendra’s or Jessa’s lives. They all live under JB’s thumb, but damn, the continual pregnancies, childbirth, child raising, noise and misogyny would kill me. If this is true, Jana can go out to tiny in the back 40 and lock the doors and windows.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3

I see Jana as being JB’s gal Friday. JB needed someone to rely on to help keep the family running because Meech was perpetually pregnant, and altho she was obviously joyfully available to her husband sexually even when she was big pregnant, there were continual, never ending other tasks, errands and details that JB needed taken care of for which Meech was not available. Hence, Jana. A built-in JackJana-of-all-trades. She is trustworthy, easily manipulated and capable of getting done the things JB needed completed. She knows how to move along with the family flow. Plus, no worry about her using a computer for sordid, criminal activity. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 12

On 5/9/2023 at 5:59 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Doesn't she have big gardens to maintain? Maybe she likes being away from the fam but close to her hobbies. And she would be and has been a good project manager for JB. But you are right, she needs her own source of income apart from J.B.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Doesn't she have big gardens to maintain? Maybe she likes being away from the fam but close to her hobbies. And she would be and has been a good project manager for JB. But you are right, she needs her own source of income apart from J.B.

I could see that. She may also have an actual official semi- paid role as some sort of general  manager for the family business. They own dozens (hundreds?) of properties, plus planes, construction companies, etc. Definitely enough enterprises to require office/admin staff in addition to JB/Michelle that looks at the big picture, not just individual projects. Clearly the workload has diminished since the show and speaking gigs are gone, and the number of kids at home has dropped - but still plenty to keep her busy Id think. 

I hope she’s getting actual income from somewhere, she’ll likely be in her late 50’s or 60’s when her parents pass —and who knows how they’ll divide their assets —- but that’s a really lousy time to discover you need an on-going source of money.

eta: of course many, many things can change in her 30s and 40s - but if she continues in more or less the same lifestyle.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, a bed, a tv (& books) and a garden without any responsibility to the capitalist grind sounds pretty awesome. I don’t work because I enjoy it or find it especially stimulating, I work because it’s necessary to put food on the table and have some financial security.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 9

2 hours ago, Smee said:

I dunno, a bed, a tv (& books) and a garden without any responsibility to the capitalist grind sounds pretty awesome. I don’t work because I enjoy it or find it especially stimulating, I work because it’s necessary to put food on the table and have some financial security.

I have a similar gig except mine comes with the strings of poverty and disability. Not having to work is great but the poverty is crushing.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 14

On 5/20/2023 at 7:10 PM, Smee said:

Jana needs to think about her financial future. Her parents may someday have significant medical expenses. Eventually, they will die, and the tinker toy house and all the Duggar properties will be divided 19 ways. What kind of social security income does someone like Jana have to look forward to? What are the plans for her future health costs?

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Jana needs to think about her financial future. Her parents may someday have significant medical expenses. Eventually, they will die, and the tinker toy house and all the Duggar properties will be divided 19 ways. What kind of social security income does someone like Jana have to look forward to? What are the plans for her future health costs?

These people do not live in our world or in our reality. Don’t ask me how they pull it off, but the Duggars do. Most families who live in their world can’t pull it off because there’s not enough money to support lay upon lay of uneducated and unskilled people. Somehow, ah shucks JB is pulling it off. I’d love to see his financial records, especially his taxes for the last 40 years. Something just doesn’t add up-

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

I think for a Duggar child, Jana is doing well financially. She has her parents by the balls to pay for her lifestyle because she really is a Jana of all trades to her family. She’s a built in babysitter and chaperone and cook and maid and teacher and gardener and driver. She’s indispensable to her parents. I suspect she’ll be looked after in their wills.

And doesn’t she have at the very least have some properties in her name to draw money from? Isn’t she refurbishing a tattoo parlor?

i really don’t have long term financial concerns for her the way I do the other kids. She knows how to look out for number one,  and if her parents do happen to die and she gets nothing…well she’s a famous enough person who can film her own show or release a gardening book or decorating videos etc. and get earn money that way. we should all be so lucky. 

• Upvote 10

This is a family which I could see having a will contest or other inter-sibling squabbles after JB And M’s deaths. I can see Jim Bob dividing up his properties and businesses unequally between the kids, using his will as a hammer to bring kids into line, or yoking kids who don’t get along together in business. If he decides to cut one or more kids off or leaves larger shares to favored kids, I would not be surprised if the unflavored kids contested the will. There is also a good chance that there will be a struggle for control of the various businesses. Hopefully Jim Bob is preparing for that now, but knowing him, he’ll want to keep control from beyond the grave. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

2 hours ago, postscript said:

This is a family which I could see having a will contest or other inter-sibling squabbles after JB And M’s deaths. I can see Jim Bob dividing up his properties and businesses unequally between the kids, using his will as a hammer to bring kids into line, or yoking kids who don’t get along together in business. If he decides to cut one or more kids off or leaves larger shares to favored kids, I would not be surprised if the unflavored kids contested the will. There is also a good chance that there will be a struggle for control of the various businesses. Hopefully Jim Bob is preparing for that now, but knowing him, he’ll want to keep control from beyond the grave. 

After what Jill has been reported to have said in the documentary, if true, she's cut off for good. 

She supposedly claims that Boob forged her signature on TLC contracts regarding the birth of Israel episodes. She was forced to hand over the home footage shit while she was in labor for use on the TV show. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 10

13 hours ago, postscript said:

. If he decides to cut one or more kids off or leaves larger shares to favored kids, I would not be surprised if the unflavored kids contested the will. 

I know it was a typo/autocorrect but I’m giggling at “unflavoured kids”. We know who they are. 

16 hours ago, HereticHick said:

oh for sure, but that’s yours and my perception, here in the normal world. I don’t pity Jana’s life right now (it’s a hell of a lot better than being financially dependent on a spouse who expects you to push out a new kid every 2 years until you run out of eggs), I pity what her life might be in twenty years’ time when she’s got no qualifications or work experience AND no parents to support her and no youth/conventional beauty anymore. That’s what I mean about working for financial security rather than enjoyment - I’d quite like to have Jana’s life* but unfortunately my plan for when I’m 50 is not “god will provide”.

*minus Jim bob and the cult of course

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

20 hours ago, marmalade said:

After what Jill has been reported to have said in the documentary, if true, she's cut off for good. 

She supposedly claims that Boob forged her signature on TLC contracts regarding the birth of Israel episodes. She was forced to hand over the home footage shit while she was in labor for use on the TV show. 

oh my god. If this is true no wonder they had some wilderness years. I can't imagine how that must feel. How disillusioned Jill particularly must have felt. On the other hand, glad it seems to have led them to a better place.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1