IGNORED

I am so damn angry

AlmostSavedAtTacoBell

I know there are a bajillion threads to vent but I am just so fucking angry after the Highland Park 7/4 murders on the heels of the Uvalda, TX massacre with the police fuckup that I thought we just needed a place where we could vent without judgment. Please no backslapping, bitch biting, or other shitposting about what is said here unless:

1) It is Trumper/Maga(t) shit;

2) It is 2A/“mah freedumbs”/anti-vaxx/anti-science/anti-logic/anti-reality shit

3) It is right wing shit (unless it is mocking said shit or the rare moment of a right wing haven having an epiphany.)

4) It is false shit. Fact check before posting please!

5) It is just shit. Vent away but let’s keep this sandbox clean (pretty please and thanks!) Curse away and vent away but please keep ads, promotions, etc off the place. Real vents, real shit talking (NOT about other posters- keep it to public people, thank you!) real issues- let it go but leave your business card, as impressive as it may be and as much as it may outshine Paul Allen’s card, at the door. 

I am just so damn angry that we are in another day, another mass murder and most people in my life are just going on like nothing happened. How in the hell has this become so passé? So normalized? 

Edited by AlmostSavedAtTacoBell
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

It’s not a vent but an admission/opening up. I have been up front that in my younger and less informed days, i was “pro-life”. I can honestly say I never did the standing outside clinics thing nor did I “counsel” scared young women, but I did take part in a few silent “vigils” holding signs in front of my then church and was part of my college pro-life group. But my big moment of shame is being upset with a friend who, after really struggling with her own conscience, took her teenage babysitter to and from her abortion. We really didn’t talk about it but it was the big pink elephant in the room for a long time. I know my friend really had a hard time agreeing but in the end decided the young woman’s- who am I kidding- teenager’s mind was made up and she needed a loving and trusted adult with her. That girl is living a great life with a fantastic career and wonderful family. My friend made the right decision and it took me awhile to see how wrong I was. My friend had her own birth situation that, under many states’ trigger laws, would force her to undergo cruel, unnecessary, and horrible suffering. Take my situation that I posted in the Gilead thread and multiply it by at least ten thousand. It’s not my story to tell but her willingness to help a young person in need is breathtaking knowing what she had suffered. So fuck all those people who think they know. Until they walked her path and the path of the young girl she helped, they can rightly fuck off. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3