IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 43: Defense Rested After an Expert Witness with No Expertise

HerNameIsBuffy

2 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

The prosecution dropped it because the holts were going to testify? I don’t get it. 

Yeah, I'm keeping my brain busy by working through legal hypotheticals, and I cannot wrap my head around that statement. Unless the Holts were going to give exculpatory testimony? But why brag about that, Bobye?

• Upvote 4

Why would the prosecution subpoena a witness and then drop the case because that witness was going to testify? 

Do ATI always speak in riddles? 😂

• Upvote 17

3 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

The prosecution dropped it because the holts were going to testify? I don’t get it. 

That makes no sense.  If they were testifying for the prosecution they could just not call them.  If they were testifying for the defense it would have been easy to dice them like a scallion for being part of the "handling it in house" thing.  

• Upvote 11

1 minute ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

I would have thought the prosecution would have strengthened their case, Bobye was found to be very credible. I too am baffled.

Maybe they were going before the Grand Jury after the Pest spoke to the corrupt police officer? 

On Reddit we are reminded of the close connection between the Duggars and the Huckleberry's at that time, who may have put a stop to it? 

• Upvote 14

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I saw a post on reddit that each side gets 30 min for closing, but Idk where that came from.  Anyone know if that's the case?

I saw it on that lawyer's Tiktok as well. Closing arguments just finished. Now the Jury go to deliberate I assume.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 6

6 minutes ago, Lovebug said:

Oh no! I welcome opinions too - thank you for your insight! It is fascinating hearing what people would do given the choice.

I just was actually honestly wondering if I had it correct, KWIM? Of course I’m not sure what I’d do, besides not do illegal shit or get myself into trouble.

Lawdy, the thought of an M8 is disturbing on so many levels.

Not a lawyer, but one of the common reasons for putting it off is to get house, finances, etc. in order.

I live in an area known for some mafia activity and for years worked in a construction adjacent business.  Once, a coworker pointed out a customer who was just walking out the door and said that he had just read about him in the local paper.  He was due to report to prison soon and I guess it was pretty much now or never for his "honey do" list.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 3

Just now, viii said:

Do we think we will get a verdict today? I've felt so queasy this week thinking about everything. 

I think we will. Hypothesising, but I don't think this will take long.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Why would the prosecution subpoena a witness and then drop the case because that witness was going to testify? 

Do ATI always speak in riddles? 😂

Tbf their usual audience lacks critical thinking as well as education and intellect (not the same thing.)  

The smart people in these cults are evil and benefiting, that doesn't apply to many of the followers.  (They can be smart in other ways, but regardless of the reasons (abuse, emotional/mental issues, etc) they aren't able to see it for what it is.)

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 12

Just now, viii said:

Do we think we will get a verdict today? I've felt so queasy this week thinking about everything. 

The one time I was on a jury, our deliberations lasted a couple hours, including a lunch break for everyone to clear their heads and think over our discussion. We provided the verdict that same day. I hope this jury does the same. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 8

2 minutes ago, Jinderella said:

Maybe they were going before the Grand Jury after the Pest spoke to the corrupt police officer? 

On Reddit we are reminded of the close connection between the Duggars and the Huckleberry's at that time, who may have put a stop to it? 

Did Huckabee go on record telling JB to cease and desist using his endorsement in his current campaign?  If the answer is no, they're still in bed together.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Jury instructions are next and then they'll deliberate. I saw some discussion yesterday from people who had served on a jury before that they waited to announce their decision until after they got their free lunch. I don't think it will take them long but I wouldn't be surprised if it was after lunch. It would give me so much satisfaction if they only deliberated a few minutes though

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

32 minutes ago, Lovebug said:

Question for our legal professional friends for clarity, but I’d love to hear what fellow non-legal friends think or would choose!

If he’s convicted, wouldn’t it be more beneficial for him to be taken into custody right away in order to get out sooner? What I mean is he would presumably get credit for time served if in custody while waiting for sentencing, which would knock off at least a couple of months, right? And the conditions of that retention - might they be better than where he would end up after sentencing? 

Why would he (or anyone) actually want to put off/prolong that incarnation time by going back to the original arrangement? Is there a benefit to it?

I've always speculated that it may be a courteousy to put things in order for the family.  In this situation, utilities, bank accounts, etc may need to ensure that Anna has both access and decision making authority.  Normal people may do other things like sell house/property, establish a trust for any financial assets, etc.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 3

BTW go Famy for posting hard this morning about justice for the children and victims.  

I feel so bad for the victims who will have to hear/have heard the defense closing.  I know defense attorneys are a necessary part of our system but hearing anyone try to deny blame for their abuser is going to be rough.  

• Upvote 30
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

I am actually very concerned for Anna today. Neither outcome is a good result for her, is it?

And the opposite is true for the Rebers. Either outcome gets the pest out of their house.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FunFunFundie said:

Oh no no no no no, they are not in bed together, the Duggars have strict sexual morals that begin and end with the word "homosexuality."

Their moral code only seems to apply when people are looking.  

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 4

18 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

The prosecution dropped it because the holts were going to testify? 

Bobye's tea might not make sense at first sip, but I hope she keeps spilling it. Puzzle pieces, baby.

• Upvote 23
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I've always speculated that it may be a courteousy to put things in order for the family.  In this situation, utilities, bank accounts, etc may need to ensure that Anna has both access and decision making authority.  Normal people may do other things like sell house/property, establish a trust for any financial assets, etc.

Or in their case, that Jim Bon has access and decision making authority. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Their moral code only seems to apply when people are looking.  

Their code only applies to other people. They have none. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

Meh, personally I’d take any new or unconfirmed* posters with “inside knowledge” with a grain of salt, especially today. It’s a good day for attention seekers to come out of the woodwork and there’s so much dysfunction and abuse that’s already known about the Duggars it’d be easy to speculate about even more behind the scenes. 

*even confirmed. Reddit hasn’t always been accurate in the past verifying people. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8

Just now, Daisy said:

Or in their case, that Jim Bon has access and decision making authority. 

Such a ridiculous "umbrella of authority" that only perpetuates abuse.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

10 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

I am actually very concerned for Anna today. Neither outcome is a good result for her, is it?

Neither outcome seems like a good result for the M kids either

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Their code only applies to other people. They have none. 

What's crazy is they think they do. They think they are morally superior. Yet underneath it's rotten and molded. Seems like Jesus actually talked about people like that... 🤔

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic