IGNORED

Faith Healer Mel Bond

Bluebirdbluebell

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Here is a link to his website. Anyone familiar with him? 

Wow, but in answer to your question, I'd never heard of him,  but he's obvs a slick televangelist with an all-too-familiar marketing shtick that screams scam, scam, scam.  

First, he's got the Secret Sauce! 

Mel Bond has studied the original languages of the Bible intensely since 1974 and has found hidden truths of God’s unconditional love. These truths are easily identified in the King James Truth Version Bible.

and this is really the crux sentence: The Believer must know this truthiness to bring about prophecy: 

He believes that knowing these truths will produce the Glorious Church, which will usher in the Last Days’ Signs and Wonders that will bring in the great harvest.  

So, any gullible Believer is asking, WHERE CAN I GET THIS INCREDIBLE INFO? It's my responsibility to help bring about the Last Days Signs and Wonders. 

Well, gullible Believer,  you can find this info in Mel Bond's truthiness Bible for ONLY $125! 

The KJTV Bible is made with first-class genuine leather. You can order it today for $125.00, including shipping and handling, or purchase 2 for $200.00 by clicking on the link below or calling our office at 636-327-5632. (Non-refundable if opened.)

Mel Bond Ministries is the link to his nutty books and CDs for sale, which is a whole 'nother rabbit hole.  Of course there's a donation link front and center.

Some titles, but first it's important to know that Jesus has appeared to Pastor Mel and you too can learn how to access amazing supernatural powers by buying these CDs! 

• Holiness, the Doorway into the Supernatural Learn how to receive God's Ordination by living in Holiness. It will give you supernatural confidence
  • How to See in the Spirit World  Jesus said that we can do the works He did and even greater. Learn how!
  • Why Jesus Appears to People Today In this book, Pastor Mel gives a personal account of an experience of seeing Jesus and how you can see Him too
  • Releasing God's Anointing Jesus taught me how to release God's anointing for instant manifestations of miracles. These simple, scriptural truths will help you become more proficient in releasing the anointing of God...

So @Bluebirdbluebell thanks for posting this!  It's fun to snark on this but I also feel sad because there are sincere, deeply spiritual but gullible people seeking answers who will fall into spending a LOT of money on what he's selling.  Sad that this is an old, old story with charismatic Christian charlatans. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Their spiel reminds me of those old ads in comic books that tried to rope gullible kids into selling magazines, or face creams, or whatever they were, for fabulous prizes. Including things like x-ray specs that’d let any red-blooded American boy see a woman’s underwear.

• Upvote 6

I noticed on the Beliefs page of the website that speaking in tongues is considered  a gift of the spirit, so I guess Pentecostal? Does that align with his experience of the supernatural?

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Howl said:

I noticed on the Beliefs page of the website that speaking in tongues is considered  a gift of the spirit, so I guess Pentecostal? Does that align with his experience of the supernatural?

Like Joel Osteen, he's non-denominational charismatic. Pentecostal is charismatic denomination, so there's bond to be a lot of crossover.

I wonder if the non-denominational thing is a)to appeal to all Charismatics b) to confuse people who have doubts about charismatics.

In Osteen's case, Osteen is definitely trying to appeal to as many people as possible. He may want to separate himself from anything people might thing is crazy. Bond however seems to have many beliefs that people would think are nuts, so who knows? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Like Joel Osteen, he's non-denominational charismatic. Pentecostal is charismatic denomination, so there's bond to be a lot of crossover.

I wonder if the non-denominational thing is a)to appeal to all Charismatics b) to confuse people who have doubts about charismatics.

In Osteen's case, Osteen is definitely trying to appeal to as many people as possible. He may want to separate himself from anything people might thing is crazy. Bond however seems to have many beliefs that people would think are nuts, so who knows? 

Pentecostalism is not a charismatic denomination. There are over 700 Pentecostal denominations according to this Wikipedia article:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentecostalism

The Pentecostal must movement began in the 20th century. The Azusa Street Revival in 1906 was a major catalyst. Pentecostals believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit that is evidenced by speaking in tongues. Not all Pentecostals have the same beliefs. Oneness Pentecostals do not believe in the Trinity. Some do not allow women to cut their hair. Church of God of Cleveland, TN believes foot washing is a sacrament. They all believe in speaking in tongues.

The Charismatic Movement occurred later and was inspired by the Pentecostal movement. I believe it was mainly in the 50s and 60s. It occurred in mainline denominations. There were even Roman Catholic Charismatics. While all Charismatics  believe in speaking in tongues, the doctrinal differences can be more widespread than what I would expect in Pentecostal churches.

Edited by Ali
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, Ali said:

Pentecostalism is not a charismatic denomination. There are over 700 Pentecostal denominations according to this Wikipedia article:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentecostalism

The Pentecostal must movement began in the 20th century. The Azusa Street Revival in 1906 was a major catalyst. Pentecostals believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit that is evidenced by speaking in tongues. Not all Pentecostals have the same beliefs. Oneness Pentecostals do not believe in the Trinity. Some do not allow women to cut their hair. Church of God of Cleveland, TN believes foot washing is a sacrament. They all believe in speaking in tongues.

The Charismatic Movement occurred later and was inspired by the Pentecostal movement. I believe it was mainly in the 50s and 60s. It occurred in mainline denominations. There were even Roman Catholic Charismatics. While all Charismatics  believe in speaking in tongues, the doctrinal differences can be more widespread than what I would expect in Pentecostal churches.

Okay I didn't know that, although isn't Baptist considered one denomination and there are many different Baptist churches and denominations.

I don't remember meeting any Pentecostals. I have known several people who are Assemblies of God, which is Charismatic. I grew up Catholic and knew several people who were involved in the Charismatic Catholic Renewal. It's still ongoing although I don't think I know anyone currently involved in Charismatic Catholicism.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

Mel Bond has studied the original languages of the Bible intensely since 1974 and has found hidden truths of God’s unconditional love. These truths are easily identified in the King James Truth Version Bible.

How in the heck are these truths hidden if they are easily identified in a book that's been around since 1611. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

22 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

How in the heck are these truths hidden if they are easily identified in a book that's been around since 1611. 

You can find out if your buy Pastor Mel's Truthiness Bible for just $125. 😄😄

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Okay I didn't know that, although isn't Baptist considered one denomination and there are many different Baptist churches and denominations.

I don't remember meeting any Pentecostals. I have known several people who are Assemblies of God, which is Charismatic. I grew up Catholic and knew several people who were involved in the Charismatic Catholic Renewal. It's still ongoing although I don't think I know anyone currently involved in Charismatic Catholicism.

I can say with 100% certainly that Assemblies of God is Pentecostal. 

https://ag.org/en

Edited by Ali
  • Thank You 2

On 9/19/2021 at 3:29 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It kind of depends on the definition of denomination.  Wikipedia defines it, within Christianity, as "a distinct religious body within Christianity that comprises all church congregations of the same kind, identifiable by traits such as a name, peculiar history, organization, leadership, theological doctrine, worship style and sometimes a founder."  In that case, IFB would probably be considered a denomination.

However, it's also often used to refer to a formally structured organization.  An example would be the PCA, which is a Presbyterian denomination.  You're only PCA if you're formally within the structured organization.  Baptists don't usually have a formal denominational structure.  

It's one of those terms that tends to be used more or less formally or with nuance in definition and can end up being more confusing than helpful sometimes, tbh.  

• Confused 1
  • Thank You 2

Hey healer man, go to an ICU full of COVID sufferers and heal them. THEN I might think God really as "anointed" you. 

• I Agree 1