IGNORED

Greg Abbott: Texas has a Shitweasel in the Governor's Mansion

Cartmann99

Governor Shitweasel  thought it'd be cool to did the spurs into the parents who have lost children...

He's a piece of shit.  He really is.

• Thank You 6

• 1 month later...

The cruelty is the point with the GQP. 

• Thank You 5

I literally can't quite grok how utterly horrible this is.  There's an ugliness of spirit  and cruelty that can't be ignored. It exposes Abbott's ability to be a rank opportunist who capitalizes on human suffering while offering no solutions. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

I mean why try and solve problems affecting the people you allegedly represent when you can act like an immature teenager trying to own someone a lot more mature and competent, and be a cruel racist asshole at the same time? 

Spoiler

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

Abbott is such a nasty SOB.

• WTF 5

• 4 weeks later...

This is what the Rethuglikan party wants:

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is what the Rethuglikan party wants:

So is Ted in Cancun or is he stuck in Washington? I'm sure he's not in Texas.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

This seriously chafes my chaps.   Some background.  In late July 2020, Black Lives Matter protests were still happening in downtown Austin, TX. 

On July 25 off-duty Army sergeant Daniel Per­ry, moonlighting as an Uber driver,  aggressively accelerated into a group of protesters.  "Garrett Foster, a 28-year-old Air Force veteran openly carrying an AK-47 across his chest, approached [Perry's]...car. The driver's side window opened and Perry shot Foster four times in the chest and abdomen."  Perry was not arrested at the time. 

However, Austin's new DA did press charges and the trial ended yesterday (Friday, April 7, 2023).   Perry's  social media showed numerous posts about killing protesters and in one instance, he said he'd kill a protester and argue self defense.  Numerous witnesses testified that Foster DID NOT RAISE HIS WEAPON.  Foster's weapon was unloaded and the safety on.

The jury determined that Perry was guilty of murder and voted accordingly.  That was YESTERDAY.   More details about the case are here: “Might Have to Kill a Few People” And other texts that suggest Daniel Perry intended to commit murder at a Black Lives Matter demonstration

Today, TO-FUCKING-DAY,  Greg Abbott instructed the Board of Pardons and Parole to pardon Perry.  Abbott doesn't have the power to pardon on his own discretion, he has to have a recommendation from the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.   "Abbott tweeted less than 24 hours after the jury’s verdict that he had requested a recommendation from the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles that he pardon Perry, a legal necessity before he takes that action. “I have made that request and instructed the Board to expedite its review,” the governor announced. “I look forward to approving the Board's pardon recommendation as soon as it hits my desk.”

This just insanely pisses me off.  It's base pandering to the alt reich gun fetish-istas. 

And AG Ken "I'm under indictment" Paxton:  Attorney General Ken Paxton – who for years has had felony indictments for securities fraud hanging over his head – referred to Garza as a “[George] Soros-backed DA in Travis County [who] cares more about the radical agenda of dangerous Antifa and BLM mobs than justice.” Paxton wrote that Garza “must be stopped!”

DA Garza told Paxton to work on his own legal problems. 

And did I mention the Tucker Fucking Carlson was ranting on his show last night about this case? 

Greg Abbott Threatens to Pardon Daniel Perry After Murder Conviction  Goaded by Tucker Carlson, the governor looks to step in

Edited by Howl
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

Of all the vile shit Gov Greg Abbott has done to my state, I don't know why this pisses me off the most.  Great tweet by Keith Boykin  pretty much sums this up: 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

Some recruiter in Texas posted this on LinkedIn this morning 

A730351C-BB45-4CD7-86DA-D6D36E8E9309.thumb.jpeg.b914c6705178c313d9fd12dc0e358afd.jpeg

I am trying to practice some self restraint and not comment the real reason why she’s not getting many bites. Namely how the Texas governor is a fuck stick. I might flame out and tell her off on LinkedIn. Stand by.  

• I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

You couldn’t make this up. 

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 3

Abbott is a total piece of shit:

• Disgust 1
  • Thank You 4

He's a soulless ghoul.  Someone needs to take his chair for a long roll off a short pier. 

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

With the GQP, cruelty is always front and center:

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

Greg Abbott signed a new law banning sexually oriented performances. I'm guessing Cowboys fans won't be happy.

image.png.6c764142a9499591ed59a3e1a727b17f.png

• Upvote 8

• 4 weeks later...

The cruelty is always the point with the GQP. Apparently this razor wire Abbott had installed in the Rio Grande is hurting and killing people. Fish and other animals, like turtles, are also becoming ensnared and dying. Of course, the GQP doesn't care.

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 5

• 2 weeks later...

This is disgusting 

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 7

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is disgusting 

Also a lot of monitoring of students and teachers in the class room. I can't imagine being a teacher in this environment. 

• I Agree 8

18 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is disgusting 

This makes me cry.  The kids sent to the library for disciplinary reasons will grow to hate books and libraries.  Eliminating librarians means kids will have no guidance or teaching in using the library.  Also, they are not eliminating them across the board, only in some schools - my bet is that the schools that keep librarians are in the wealthier districts, meaning the kids from lower income households get the shaft.  I adored our school librarian!  She introduced me to many books, taught me how to use the card catalog (yeah, I'm that old!) and do research.  She showed me it was cool to love books!  My heart breaks for the students in the affected districts.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

20 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is disgusting 

This makes me livid with rage. How fucking DARE he eliminate school libraries?! And how is it that people who support him don't see how horrific this is?

Over here shaking right now. I have such vivid memories of my school libraries even over 50 years later. I could walk into my elementary school library right now and know where everything is (well, assuming it hasn't changed, which I'm sure it has. But you know what I mean!). I can still hear my high school librarian warning us all to 'be a little quieter, please!' but not really doing anything if we kept on talking except repeat herself now and then.

Discipline centers. Abbott is a sick, hateful, disgusting man.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

• 2 weeks later...

He’s a total piece of shit

image.png.a112765dc2ac068e45c2c6ad25ae6b52.png

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 5

Okay.  That is so far over the line that he ought to be arrested for it.  Who the hell puts saws in buoys?  Isn't there anyone in the Texas government who is sane?

• Upvote 6

• 5 months later...

Every time I think he can't be more horrible, he does something like this:

• WTF 7