IGNORED

Greg Abbott: Texas has a Shitweasel in the Governor's Mansion

Cartmann99

The Texas Monthly article about Abbott really was an eye opener for me.  Abbott has no true moral compass or even a real agenda; he takes whatever position will help him accrue more political capital to keep himself in power. 

• Upvote 8

On 6/5/2022 at 1:27 AM, Howl said:

Abbott has Republicans have no true moral compass or even a real agenda; he they takes whatever position will help him them accrue more political capital to keep himself themselves in power. 

FTFY

What can be said of Abbott, can be said of all Republicans.

• I Agree 6

"He was admitted—but when hospital staff learned he had hormone therapy, they were forced to turn his family in."

FFS, is this isn't a massive epic violation of HIPPA, I don't know what is.  Fuck that hospital for NOT SIDING WITH ITS PATIENT. 

Edited by Howl
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 10

2 hours ago, Howl said:

FFS, is this isn't a massive epic violation of HIPPA, I don't know what is.  Fuck that hospital for NOT SIDING WITH ITS PATIENT. 

I’m not buying the “forced” narrative. Somebody (or somebodies) had an agenda and wanted to report the family. If the entire staff wanted to protect that child and the family, it would have happened. Some shitty asshole(s) saw this child as “less than” made waves instead of seeing a child suffering so badly from the actions of hypocrites who feed on hate while pretending to be Christians that the child would rather be dead than live in a world of such cruelty. I really and truly hope the caseworkers assigned understand that a parent who loves a child unconditionally is truly the definition of a parent and quickly close out the case. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Who could have imagined!  Wind and solar power are ‘bailing out’ Texas amid record heat and energy demand

We were driving home yesterday -- there are substantial wind farms south of Stillwater.  You're probably wondering, where the heck is Sweetwater?  Well, if you keep heading 40 miles east on the Interstate, you'd hit Abilene (Texas) and, eventually, Fort Worth/Dallas. 

The sun was shining like a mofo and the wind?  Damn, that wind was BLOWING.  Like "red dust haze in the sky" blowing.  

In one area, there are pumpjacks (for pumping oil) mixed with the windmills.  The pump jacks weren't moving, but the windmills were. 

(Had to edit because I got my Waters mixed up.  It was Sweetwater, not Sillwater)

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

29 minutes ago, Howl said:

We were driving home yesterday -- there are substantial wind farms south of Stillwater.  You're probably wondering, where the heck is Stillwater?  Well, if you keep heading east on the Interstate, you'd hit Abilene (Texas) and, eventually, Fort Worth/Dallas. 

I think you meant to type Sweetwater instead of Stillwater. 😸

46 minutes ago, Howl said:

The sun was shining like a mofo and the wind?  Damn, that wind was BLOWING.  Like "red dust haze in the sky" blowing.  

We heard you were going to be in West Texas, so we ordered a dust storm for you. We're fancy like that. :wink-kitty:

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

Par for the course:

image.thumb.png.7b15cf58619ca33ad56ae24d0b17c578.png

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 5

I guess this is Abbott's version of TFG's stupid "45" embroidered cuffs. Or maybe he needs help remembering his own identity.

image.png.aa018d862af8da324a44763e7ad1fc9d.png

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I guess this is Abbott's version of TFG's stupid "45" embroidered cuffs. Or maybe he needs help remembering his own identity.

image.png.aa018d862af8da324a44763e7ad1fc9d.png

Maybe he's hoping to call attention to his chest, so people will speculate about whether he has nipple piercings, like they did for Cuomo.

• Haha 7

• Thank You 8

• 1 month later...

I just ran into this article on yahoo. I love the way that this group of moms has changed MAGA to mean Mothers Against Greg Abbott! I'm quite impressed with their videos and will be posting them on here as I get time today.

Texas mom behind Mothers Against Greg Abbott — MAGA — talks new anti-governor political ads 

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mothers-against-greg-abbott-founder-211145634.html

Spoiler

When Nancy Thompson, 52, drove to the Texas State Capitol building on August 6, 2021, she only had one thing on her mind: her children.

The mother of three had recently been in the hospital with her son, who was battling a virus that impacted his organs. Doctors told Thompson that his recovery would take several weeks and that, due to COVID-19, she should take extra precautions to keep him healthy. Unfortunately, Gov. Greg Abbott removed the mask mandates from schools that same week.

“They really wanted me to consider making sure that he was masked or keeping him from school while he was so ill,” Thompson tells Yahoo Life. “I was so concerned about the fact that they got rid of the mask mandates in school, and I was worried that my son was going to get ill and possibly pass away.”

Spoiler

One year later, the Mothers Against Greg Abbott Facebook group has more than 53,000 members who are united across party lines to vote Abbott out of office in November — something the group is particularly passionate about, as, since the last election, Texas Republicans passed a bill that restricted access to voting for some residents, disproportionately impacting poor people and communities of color.

This is the commercial that started it all.

• Upvote 8

• 5 weeks later...

Abbott continued his human trafficking disguised as political theater by dumping two busloads of migrants at the Naval Observatory (the VP's residence). AOC had some words for the asshole:

image.png.97d8dbf6c903f9177694f907b9e8150b.png

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

As keeps getting said:  The cruelty is the point.  He and DeSantis are evil.  Humans being used as political pawns is evil.  Ken Burns commented that it is right out of the authoritarian playbook.  

• Upvote 7

• 3 weeks later...

Gee, Abbott is afraid of an audience for the debate:

image.thumb.png.e7f7ce464634e16e89450bab0f339de4.png

• Upvote 6

On 10/2/2022 at 2:00 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.79cfd6862a32ac760e1390a137063c55.png

image.png.7ba7c2a71345525ebdc984947ab197f5.png

Oh FFS, I can get prenatal vitamins for like $15 for a pretty big bottle at WalMart. (When I wasn’t pregnant but wanted to get my hair & nails to grow I would do the old school trick of cheap PNV here and there when I was much younger.) So I’m guessing the PNV they will provide will be the cheap-ass ones like those instead of the good, prescription ones. (Don’t get me wrong- those are definitely better than nothing for pregnant women who can’t get the better ones which I will stop here before I go on a rant about how it’s bullshit that because I could afford insurance I could get better PNV than another pregnant person.) And did he say “for free”? My local spa can “provide” all the services I desire but unless they are giving them for free, I will only be getting some of them and those will be very rarely obtained. 

• Upvote 4

No surprise that Abbott is a no-show. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

No surprise that Abbott is a no-show. 

Well if it were Ted Cruz instead of Greg Abbott with no just where to find him- Cancun!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is what’s coming with rethuglikans in charge:

• Sad 1
  • WTF 6

I was reading a bit more on these DNA and fingerprint kits.  They’ve apparently been around for 25 years and are typically kept at home in case a child is abducted or other horrible things.  I vaguely recall our daughter having one of these during her elementary school years.  That would have been 25-30 years ago - time flies.  Glad we never had to make use of it. I don’t know if Texas, being Texas, has more nefarious uses in mind.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

I was reading a bit more on these DNA and fingerprint kits.  They’ve apparently been around for 25 years and are typically kept at home in case a child is abducted or other horrible things.  I vaguely recall our daughter having one of these during her elementary school years.  That would have been 25-30 years ago - time flies.  Glad we never had to make use of it. I don’t know if Texas, being Texas, has more nefarious uses in mind.

I do understand the lost children. However in Texas I'm putting my thoughts under a spoiler because they are extremely disturbing.

Spoiler

Reading about how bad the carnage was in the Uvalde tragedy, I'm thinking it might be to identify children whose lives ended in a school shooting with a high-powered weapon.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I do understand the lost children. However in Texas I'm putting my thoughts under a spoiler because they are extremely disturbing.

Hide contents

Reading about how bad the carnage was in the Uvalde tragedy, I'm thinking it might be to identify children whose lives ended in a school shooting with a high-powered weapon.

I read that, too.  It’s so sad and ghastly that we have to even think about that aspect, but here we are.  😥

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2