IGNORED

Leverage: Redemption

Giraffe

Who's going to be watching?? I know @Destiny and I are but I know there are a lot more fans out there, too! 

• Upvote 4

I will.  I'm moving next week so life is a tad chaotic right now.  But this is definitely on my agenda.  (I may follow producer Dean Devlin on Twitter along with the original series show runner Jon Rogers.)

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I'm just finished watching episode 1.  My initial impression:  Good fun.  Good job on the reboot. With so much uncertainty and general awfulness going on in the world, it's a pleasure to watch bad guys get what they deserve.  I think Noah Wyle fits in well with the existing characters. (I do have to question why the makeup artist didn't tone down the redness in his face - what's up with that?)  What's also neat is that I happened to see "This is a Robbery" on Netflix awhile ago (a great documentary btw), which ties into this first episode.  

I'm going to try to watch just one episode per week, so I can stretch out my enjoyment.  

• Upvote 1

@EmmieJ you have far more self control than I have! I started watching it on Thursday and then was home sick on Friday and binged the rest. I'm ready for the rest of the episodes. I loved it!

• Upvote 1

I did read one review that said Noah Wyle's character sort of fades out in later episodes.  Maybe because  he had something else he was involved that created a conflict?  Or perhaps the Sophie Devereaux character is intended to take the lead anyway, so he (Wyle) was always intended as a part-timer?  

39 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

I did read one review that said Noah Wyle's character sort of fades out in later episodes.  Maybe because  he had something else he was involved that created a conflict?  Or perhaps the Sophie Devereaux character is intended to take the lead anyway, so he (Wyle) was always intended as a part-timer?  

Was that Noah’s character or Aldis’? He’s bsuy filming “Underground Railroad”. I thought Noah Wyle was a great addition (I actually never really liked Nate…he was my least favorite of the original cast). Noah responded the way someone coming into the series would behave…”this seems fun, but I’m not really sure what’s happening all the time!” ?

I loved the first two episodes. It was a great reboot…it acknowledged so many sweet inside jokes without ever feeling like it was pandering. Eliot has always been my favorite and I’m glad he got to be reintroduced first (right after Sophie). Also glad they’re letting him be a little happier this time around!

• Upvote 2

I’m sad Aldis won’t be there much but I’m glad for the reason. I like how they handled Timothy Hutton’s absence. I could take or leave Noah. I like him as a character but I wouldn’t miss him if he weren’t on it anymore.  I love the addition of Aleyse!

I hope they bring back Sterling and Tara. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

Was that Noah’s character or Aldis’? He’s bsuy filming “Underground Railroad”. I thought Noah Wyle was a great addition (I actually never really liked Nate…he was my least favorite of the original cast). Noah responded the way someone coming into the series would behave…”this seems fun, but I’m not really sure what’s happening all the time!” ?

I loved the first two episodes. It was a great reboot…it acknowledged so many sweet inside jokes without ever feeling like it was pandering. Eliot has always been my favorite and I’m glad he got to be reintroduced first (right after Sophie). Also glad they’re letting him be a little happier this time around!

I can't find the particular review that I read, but it mentioned both that Aldis would only be in the early episodes because of his filming schedule on Underground Railroad, and that Wyle isn't in later episodes (or only nominally so).  The reviewer pointed out that Wyle's character is supposed to be this high powered attorney from New Orleans, but the show doesn't develop any further on that, and that shots in New Orleans are lacking in people of color.