IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 17: The Hair Apparant

HerNameIsBuffy

Just now, Blue said:

They're reading letters from two Martin daughters... And this is the second time they've mentioned someone being "ultimately loyal to Gwen Shambling." Not God - GWEN. The first daughter said loyal to Gwen and God but I think it's telling that the second letter is just saying over and over and over "loyal to GWEN SHAMBLIN LARA." NOT loyal to God, NOT loyal to Christ, NOT loyal to the Word... Loyal to GWEN.

If any RF people are reading this - please note this. It is not only in the one letter - it has been this entire service.

The previous speaker even said that David Martin always told people he would be willing to lay down his life in defense of Gwen's ministry.  He didn't say "lay down my life for God".  It was "lay down my life for Gwen".  

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 4

26 minutes ago, Xan said:

This is interesting:  Current lady speaking about Jessica is talking about how loving and giving she was.  She says that she gives full credit to Jessica learning that from Gwen and Elizabeth.  I'm calling it.  They are planning to hand this over to Elizabeth.

This worries me so much. The only things I learned from Elizabeth when I was a member was don’t wear more than four colors in an outfit and Marital rape doesn’t exist according to Remnant. While they didn’t use the term joyfully available, that was effectively what was told to the young women’s group at one gathering. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 8
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 1

Jennifer appreciated and honored every word that God shared through Gwen.

They know none of the seven would want this moment to be about them.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 5

40 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

I'm not sure what kind of update you would like. Right now various people are talking about the Walters. They just finished with the speakers for Jonathan and now someone is talking about Jessica.

Just a summary. I cannot watch right now. Kid going to sleep away camp tomorrow morning and I have 300 name tags to iron in 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

Mr. and Mrs. Jost are on stage now.  One of their children was married to one of the Martin kids.  Mr. Jost spoke and now he's reading message from the kids.  There are lots of white roses as decorations.  The grandchildren referred to Jennifer as "Goldie".  David was "Grandpa David".

Mrs. Jost is speaking now but is having trouble reading through her tears.

Spoiler

283877838_Screenshot(4904).png.441b4e93135b9f249177fee8cfc8ed9a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

Jennifere always made her children know how much she supported her husband and Gwen.

She did a lot of work for the church and never complained because she wanted God's will be done (This she had learned from Gwen).

Alec Leaman speaking of Brandon Hannah now.

Brandon's real estate business was taking care of the Saints' investments and he learned that from Gwen.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 10

They've moved on to Brandon now.  Friend who worked with him is speaking.  

Longer shot so you can see the room.  It isn't full.

Spoiler

1990362494_Screenshot(4907).png.95a2fb8788d2c13ef48e1f70c6a04876.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 11

This man worshipped Brandon Hannah.

Next speaker is Langston (?) He was one of the founding members of Remnant.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

Joseph Langston is speaking now.  He is one of the original members who helped come up with the name "Remnant Fellowship".  He's starting to talk about Joe Lara now.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

The other men let him hang with them although he was older than them. With Joe he was instant friends with. The people they knew couldn't handle the similarity of the names Joe and Joseph so they wanted to get t-shirts with their names on them.

Brandon moved in with Langston's family when he studied. He knew Brandon was good in business because he sublet his room.

Brandon's parents raised a wonderful young man and Remnant raised a godly leader.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Elizabeth did a taped message for Brandon.  I'm surprised at how much she sounds like Gwen.

ETA:  Elizabeth says that Brandon "must be the happiest man on earth" to be in Heaven now with the Lord.  Her problem with words is much like her mother's.  I see that @AmazonGrace also picked up on this!

Here's a pic from the taped message:

Spoiler

421852353_Screenshot(4909).png.e46ffa1dccddd837ea3ca811882b18f1.png

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 17

Elizabeth saying he was a perfect husband and father, they never argued, he always said I love you, everyone instantly knew he was trustworthy, he loved everyone and God. The children and Elizabeth grieve but deep down in their hearts they know he's the happiest man on earth now that he's in heaven.

Rob Day supposed to talk about Joe but he talks about Gwen first. Gwen didn't want anyone to cry when she died because she's going to be partying with God. But nobody agreed not to cry.

Joe was the most interesting man in the world. A pilot, a diver, a boxer and Tarzan.

Rob was giving Joe a hard time about being Tarzan.

Rob Day learned to be a better man from Joe.

Gwen followed in the footsteps of Christ and the six friends in the plane followed her example.

Joe was a very humble man.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 9

We're on to Joe now.  

He was a falconer?  (Among a long list of things.)

Joe and Gwen woke up in the middle of the night to talk about the ministry.  ?

Here's a picture of him with his mother:

Spoiler

526813325_Screenshot(4911).png.618e5d731cd41be02a0cb6075beaea97.png

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Joe was born in California but it was the hand of God that led him just a couple of street from the Remnant church.

His love for her daughter was boundless. They went diving and paddleboarding in Florida with Gwen. They read bedtime bible stories to her sitting in a rocking chair.

He was an amazing marksman and a musician, Gwen's protector, never jealous of Gwen speaking. They would wake up in the middle of the night to talk for hours about what to do with the prison ministries and what not.

They've never seen two people more in love than Gwen and Joe. They walked often into rooms to find Joe and Gwen holding hands and praying. Such love and laughter!!!!!

I missed who this speaker is but he's reading Michael's song lyrics that he wrote for Gwen.

"I think it's wonderful that someone who has the light can show me what is right for me. "

Gwen taught us all what we needed to know.

kuva.png.e50e0d91c557386fb387966b324f5c01.png

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 13

Thank you to everyone for giving highlights. I personally know that watching would be too much for my mental health but I was worried my curiosity would get the better of me. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 12

Joe Langston is now talking about how much hope he has for the future with Michael and Elizabeth.  

He says that Gwen is one of the most "genuine people you can ever meet".  Genuine?

He comments that they have "thousands" of hours of recordings of Gwen's message so they'll be "alright".

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

Gwen was one of the most genuine persons in the world. The speaker travelled the country with her and never saw any behavior that went against her teaching. He's happy they have so much of Gwen's speeches recorded so he thinks they will be fine.

Amy Stites, an employee, taped a message.

Gwen always took care of people and worried about people's needs every day. She had no hobbies besides God and His church (wait, I thought the previous speaker said she went paddleboarding in Florida?)

kuva.png.5ce67671f124367f384452b1953cd4f1.png

Spoiler

kuva.png.c52734804e95cffa9c4d24d935c6de39.png

There was an instant connection between Gwen and all of the children and teenagers who were constantly trying to get in contact with her.

She said she was happier every day and she came dancing down the stairs and shared what God had shown her. She said she didn't assume she had the answers but wanted feedback on God's lead.

She decorated friends' homes before she took care of the home. They had friends over every week to play volleyballs. She was a great cook, a great gardener, a great piano player (wait, she didn't have hobbies, you said)

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 11

"Gwen always put herself last"??

"Gwen was the best cook"?

This is some great PR stuff.  I hope she paid this employee well.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 10

They will all carry out her legacy.

Michael's wife : she was such a hero to us all, she loved Gwen's laughter. She proved that God was fun and made us want to fall in love with God. She wants to stand with Michael and Elizabeth as they live for this church every day.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

This from Michael's wife:  "I will stand by this legacy" and will stand by Michael and Elizabeth.

Elizabeth and Michael will be the last speakers.  They're still just on video, so far.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Michael wants to thank the first responders.

kuva.png.637b86826706054003a5e735901aab44.png

He feels strongly that what was started by Gwen will become a sanctuary for thousands more.

This painting is testimony of how much thought Gwen put in this sanctuary.

Spoiler

kuva.png.064246f388acfc992138834c19d6c5e7.png

She has a place in the hearts of millions of people around the world.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Xan said:

I've never personally attended a memorial service where people clap.

They're doing standing ovations, too!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

He could not be more distraught about the news on Saturday and the first thought in Michael's head was what they're going to do about the church movement.

They got through the first day with massive help from Heavens. Brandon is proud of how strong Elizabeth is.

This should be a time for rejoicing since these people are in heaven rejoicing with their father. He is sorry about the children who lost parents and want them to know they are loved and supported.

He thanks everyone who have helped his family and other families, and this support and God's incredible love helped him. May God bless everyone and give peace in their hearts.

Michael got a bigger clap than previous speakers I think

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

Elizabeth says that Gwen was almost like a modern day Mother Teresa.

Pic from the video message:

Spoiler

2126308052_Screenshot(4918).png.4224033a4f34801933901070ff4e3aee.png

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 12
  • Thank You 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic