IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 17: The Hair Apparant

HerNameIsBuffy

18 hours ago, RFTies said:

me...and I could never ever figure out what Gwen was saying or where her train of thought was going. She would quote a Bible verse and then talk about something completely different, and I remember looking around me and seeing everyone looking at her (not their Bibles mind you) with adoring eyes eating up every word - and that quite frankly freaked me out because she was clearly not making sense.

This ^ omg yes!!!  The cognitive dissonance was unbearable 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

When Gwen was still doing Facebook live videos I once tried to transcribe one and reading what she was saying made it obvious how incomprehensible she was. She barely used complete sentences. For a supposed prophet she was not able to convey her thoughts. Her recent books had to have been heavily edited because I don’t see her having the ability to actually put words to paper. 

Well but credit where credit is due,  many of the more traditional prophets appear to have been incoherently rambling,  illiterate zealots with wild hair who fast a lot. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Well but credit where credit is due,  many of the more traditional prophets appear to have been incoherently rambling,  illiterate zealots with wild hair who fast a lot. 

True, but there’s a Difference: In Christianity their ramblings are said to point to the coming of the Messiah (aka Jesus of Nazareth),

and in Judaism the same ramblings are studied and speculated upon and parsed as part of the mystery of G-d’s revelations to the people of G-D.

In the case of the RF, neither appears to be the case. Except possibly to emphasize that for behavior (aka disobedience to RF), G-d will smite you beyond smithereens. 

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

True, but there’s a Difference: In Christianity their ramblings are said to point to the coming of the Messiah (aka Jesus of Nazareth),

and in Judaism the same ramblings are studied and speculated upon and parsed as part of the mystery of G-d’s revelations to the people of G-D.

In the case of the RF, neither appears to be the case. Except possibly to emphasize that for behavior (aka disobedience to RF), G-d will smite you beyond smithereens. 

I wonder if they will tone that  down now. Blessings and curses and all that. 

Because if, as RF insists, Joe was a healthy experienced pilot and super careful in plane maintenance and it couldn't possibly be human error because it would make it  Joe's fault, why are  they dead? Did somebody smite them?

• Upvote 17

Good sabbath everyone.  Who's gonna watch?  No press allowed.

"Watch the Saturday Remembrance Webcast HERE, Saturday, June 5th at 9:30am Central Time.

WATCH THE WEBCAST

Note for Media: For the privacy of the families, media outlets are not permitted on the church property. For inquiries, please e-mail..."

• Upvote 3

I got to thinking. Since Joe’s daughter is his next of kin, what are the odds that once the ME releases remains that her mother doesn’t have him buried next to her. On one hand, so that her daughter would always have access to visit her father’s memory with remnant always around too. On the other hand there was a lot of bad blood the last few years and even if Gwen wasn’t the main mouthpiece in that situation, she was money behind the legal fights, and who wouldn’t be bitter after all that. I think it’s just a messy, hurtful situation and I really don’t see her (on her daughter’s behalf especially) just signing his body away for RF to do whatever they want to do.

• Upvote 9

On the Remnant Fellowship site, they've already got streaming pictures of the seven people lost.  The service starts at 10:30.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Watched a bit until my laptop died on me. I heard this is a wonderful day that God made for us to rejoice and they were lovebombing the children  and expecting them to continue the legacy of seven lost saints  

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 4

Anyone have an update on the service?

• Upvote 2

I’m not going to watch so I don’t know what’s available on the site because i have no power atm and don’t want to waste iPad power on it, but I’m going to mention this in case: do not use any chat / comment function that might exist to “troll” Remnant, nor come back here to discuss doing so.

I say this because we’ve had problems with it before. Pretend this is in a box that I will edit in later when I have a computer with juice.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 9

18 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I'm not sure what kind of update you would like. Right now various people are talking about the Walters. They just finished with the speakers for Jonathan and now someone is talking about Jessica.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

23 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

They started with a general "they were saints and we loved them" from a couple of speakers.  Then there was a prayer.  Now, it's testimonials on the Walters.  A co-worker and neighbor talked about Jonathon and a friend is talking currently about Jessica who met her through weigh down.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

Just now, Xan said:

They started with a general "they were saints and we loved them" from a couple of speakers.  Then there was a prayer.  Now, it's testimonials on the Walters.  A co-worker talked about Jonathon and a friend is talking currently about Jessica who met her through weigh down.

Lots of "most amazing," humble, "so gorgeous."

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

This is interesting:  Current lady speaking about Jessica is talking about how loving and giving she was.  She says that she gives full credit to Jessica learning that from Gwen and Elizabeth.  I'm calling it.  They are planning to hand this over to Elizabeth.

• Upvote 12
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Xan said:

This is interesting:  Current lady speaking about Jessica is talking about how loving and giving she was.  She says that she gives full credit to Jessica learning that from Gwen and Elizabeth.  I'm calling it.  They are planning to hand this over to Elizabeth.

I caught that, too! I think the previous speaker mentioned Elizabeth as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

2 minutes ago, Xan said:

I think it was "Elizabeth and Gwen". At least twice.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

Tish Dunn (she and her husband are speaking about David Martin) has the Nancy Reagan stars in her eyes to Ronnie look down to a science.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

He's saying David Martin always said it was the best day ever, because God let him be alive for another day.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

3 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

He's saying David Martin always said it was the best day ever, because God let him be alive for another day.

My inner twelve year old says, "and then God changed his mind."

After every musical performance or speaker, the crowd applauds.  I've never personally attended a memorial service where people clap.

Speaker says, "Michael has been annointed" with creating music for the Lord.  Michael also has the gift of humor.  So, they're pushing Michael's name as well.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 8

4 minutes ago, Xan said:

My inner twelve year old says, "and then God changed his mind."

After every musical performance or speaker, the crowd applauds.  I've never personally attended a memorial service where people clap.

Speaker says, "Michael has been annointed" with creating music for the Lord.  Michael also has the gift of humor.  So, they're pushing Michael's name as well.

I sort of hope we're seeing the foundations of a schism.

Constant persecution?

Edited by sixcatatty
Response to Michael
  • Upvote 4

Michael taped a message about the Martins.  Not sure why he didn't appear on stage.  

The Gormsens are now up to talk about David and Jennifer.  The husband is now reading messages about David written by the Martins' sons.  It's very touching.  Wife reads the message from the daughters.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

They're reading letters from two Martin daughters... And this is the second time they've mentioned someone being "ultimately loyal to Gwen Shambling." Not God - GWEN. The first daughter said loyal to Gwen and God but I think it's telling that the second letter is just saying over and over and over "loyal to GWEN SHAMBLIN LARA." NOT loyal to God, NOT loyal to Christ, NOT loyal to the Word... Loyal to GWEN.

If any RF people are reading this - please note this. It is not only in the one letter - it has been this entire service.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 9

David Martin is expected to be in Heaven leading the worship with King David.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic